Post draft 2024/2025 baseball discussion

9,741 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still going to add a couple guys from the portal, but this is how things stand as of now. Didn't add all of the freshmen for obvious reasons

C- Sosa/Lanphere/Lyons
Corner IF- Ozzenfort/Jaros/Lyons/Novy (top 300 freshman)
MIF- Nixon/Heavner/Lyons
OF- Head/Hogue/Thompson/Fraasman (JUCO)

Staff (in no order)- Dudan, Smith, Consiglio, Marhon, Fritton, Peissel, Shaffner, Andrews, Lucas, Willadsen/SVD*. We also have 2 top 300 freshmen arms coming in.

IMO- need another MIF to challenge at SS, and maybe a depth guy for the corners. 1-2 more arms could be in play, but at this point, they need to be instant contributors IMO. Getting Fritton back really changes things, hopefully he can get back to freshman form.
ClePack
Definitely need a SS. Pitching rotation will be really intriguing
JCooke93
Sup
JCooke93
Working on it
WolfpackUSC
Might've been asked before, but in what round do players usually come back to school? I know it's situation dependent in some/ most cases.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

what if Luke moves over to SS and Dalen Thompson moves to second? You can put Hogue or Lyons in LF/DH. I say Lyons in LF b/c of his speed (and health) and Hogie DHs.
CLTWolf
WolfpackUSC said:

Might've been asked before, but in what round do players usually come back to school? I know it's situation dependent in some/ most cases.
Anyone drafted in the first 10 rounds sign 99.3% of the time.

After that there's a lot of factors in play.

Does the kid have a specific number they're looking for?
Does the team have money left over to pay a kid that wants more than $175K.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

what if Luke moves over to SS and Dalen Thompson moves to second? You can put Hogue or Lyons in LF/DH. I say Lyons in LF b/c of his speed (and health) and Hogie DHs.
Do you think Luke has the skill to stick at short? I still have nightmares of the Payton green era lol (not saying Luke is PG at all, but i'd love a plus defender) Hogue should be our DH, agree.
pack2010
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Do you think Luke has the skill to stick at short? I still have nightmares of the Payton green era lol (not saying Luke is PG at all, but i'd love a plus defender) Hogue should be our DH, agree.

Regarding Nixon and SS, I do think he has those tools and athletically it's easy to see him comp to butterworth. Kids a really good ball player, so I wouldn't doubt him. Should we hand it to him? Absolutely not. But if he's our SS and lyons/heavner/thompson is our 2nd baseman I think we'd be fine (if lyons can play defense, which is a big ?? this summer)
WolfpackUSC
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Anyone drafted in the first 10 rounds sign 99.3% of the time.

After that there's a lot of factors in play.

Does the kid have a specific number they're looking for?
Does the team have money left over to pay a kid that wants more than $175K.

Thank you! I appreciate that
JCooke93
A lot of DH options
JCooke93
Lyons Woodson Nixon Heavner Young and portal
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Luke has between the ears what Payton did not and that's the biggest part of it all, IMO.

Lyons has 12 errors so far this summer playing in the INF, 11 at SS and 2 while playing 3rd so I wonder if moving to the OF could be a better move for him? Let'em use that speed to chase down some fly balls.

A buddy made a good point earlier today wondering if Hogue will be healthy enough to play this year. Valid thought b/c that was a nasty injury.

Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Luke has between the ears what Payton did not and that's the biggest part of it all, IMO.

Lyons has 12 errors so far this summer playing in the INF, 11 at SS and 2 while playing 3rd so I wonder if moving to the OF could be a better move for him? Let'em use that speed to chase down some fly balls.

A buddy made a good point earlier today wondering if Hogue will be healthy enough to play this year. Valid thought b/c that was a nasty injury.

That was a pretty nasty break. Lot of muscle rehab involved.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

matracey
So how does Head not get drafted at all? MLB teams not as high on him as his recruiting profile? He tell teams he was coming school so don't bother drafting me?

That's a huge get to have him on campus next year
CLTWolf
matracey said:

So how does Head not get drafted at all? MLB teams not as high on him as his recruiting profile? He tell teams he was coming school so don't bother drafting me?

That's a huge get to have him on campus next year
He must've had a high number like Sosa and Mako last year.
StateFan2001
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Luke is plenty capable of handling SS.
metcalfmafia
Is Head the day 1 starter in CF?
JCooke93
Maybe
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

Is Head the day 1 starter in CF?

he has all the tools to be very good early in his career. don't want to hand it to him, but if i was a betting man he would be the favorite to me
pack2010
If the season started tomorrow, what would you guys want the lineup to be?

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

Weekend rotation- Consiglio/dudan/fritton
PossumJenkins
Head must be a helluva player manning two spots…(winky emoji)
pack2010
lmao touche
CLTWolf
PossumJenkins said:

Head must be a helluva player manning two spots…(winky emoji)
Head is good.
JCooke93
Go Pack
gabeezzell04
https://instagr.am/p/C9tD3cJS5ok
JCooke93
LFG
pack2010
pack2010 said:

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

This changed overnight, literally.

Not sure whose spot DeCriscio takes, but the competition just got better across the board
JCooke93
100%
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

Not sure whose spot DeCriscio takes, but the competition just got better across the board
He's gonna play short.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

He's gonna play short.

Right, for sure. What I meant was, lets assume Nixon plays 2nd. Where does Lyons play? Is he out? Does he play 1st? Does he move to a corner OF spot and Fraasman is the odd man out? Lots of versatility with these guys.
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

He's gonna play short.

Right, for sure. What I meant was, lets assume Nixon plays 2nd. Where does Lyons play? Is he out? Does he play 1st? Does he move to a corner OF spot and Fraasman is the odd man out? Lots of versatility with these guys.
Is Hogue gonna be ready for the start of the season or the season at all? I mean his injury was fkn nasty as hell.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

He's gonna play short.

Is Hogue gonna be ready for the start of the season or the season at all? I mean his injury was fkn nasty as hell.

Excellent point, obviously i hope so for his sake and the teams sake, but no doubt that was a tough one.
JCooke93
Hm
StateFan2001
Yeah I wouldn't be so sure of that yet. What is it you think makes him a better prospect than what we have on our roster? Just that he wasn't on our roster. We have a SS on our roster with as good or better attributes so we will see how it shakes out.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.