2024 MLB Draft

17,011 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

FLWolf said:

DH

Maybe he would have transferred anyway but why the hell that dude wasn't playing 3B for us is a complete mystery.
Not really. He had 8 errors in 21 games in the field for us. That's abysmal. We tried him at 3B and at 1B. That was on a team that already struggled in the field and defense cost us games.

Good thing there is a spot in the lineup where you can have an amazing hitter hit in every game and don't have to worry about his defense costing you and that's exactly where he played the majority of the season.

He did just fine playing 3B at National Champ LSU. Let's not forget the dude playing on the left side over him wasn't exactly a defensive wizard.

No he didn't. He had a .859 fielding % when LSU won the title last year. He was MUCH better this year, but lets not act like he was "fine", especially a season ago. If memory serves me right, that was the worst fielding percentage by a regular IF in the SEC last year.

Also, I don't dislike White like a lot of our fans do, he was so fun to watch in the box. But, facts are facts. He had a LOT of growth needed in the field. Good for him for having a nice year defensively this year

Interesting that LsU let him grow but we weren't willing to do so. I would take a few extra errors for an elite bat like TW had. Not a regular dude.

I promise you that TW did not leave NC State because Avent told him he wasn't going to play the field lol.
Thus my original comment
Alex Gee
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

FLWolf said:

DH

Maybe he would have transferred anyway but why the hell that dude wasn't playing 3B for us is a complete mystery.
Not really. He had 8 errors in 21 games in the field for us. That's abysmal. We tried him at 3B and at 1B. That was on a team that already struggled in the field and defense cost us games.

Good thing there is a spot in the lineup where you can have an amazing hitter hit in every game and don't have to worry about his defense costing you and that's exactly where he played the majority of the season.

He did just fine playing 3B at National Champ LSU. Let's not forget the dude playing on the left side over him wasn't exactly a defensive wizard.

No he didn't. He had a .859 fielding % when LSU won the title last year. He was MUCH better this year, but lets not act like he was "fine", especially a season ago. If memory serves me right, that was the worst fielding percentage by a regular IF in the SEC last year.

Also, I don't dislike White like a lot of our fans do, he was so fun to watch in the box. But, facts are facts. He had a LOT of growth needed in the field. Good for him for having a nice year defensively this year

Interesting that LsU let him grow but we weren't willing to do so. I would take a few extra errors for an elite bat like TW had. Not a regular dude.

I promise you that TW did not leave NC State because Avent told him he wasn't going to play the field lol.
Thus my original comment
Which still doesn't make any sense. If TW had wanted to be in Raleigh, he would've been given every opportunity to start at 3b like he did until he hurt his shoulder.

He didn't want to be here and he wanted a bag. It's not some grand conspiracy lol.
Jtilley
Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

FLWolf said:

DH

Thus my original comment
Which still doesn't make any sense. If TW had wanted to be in Raleigh, he would've been given every opportunity to start at 3b like he did until he hurt his shoulder.

He didn't want to be here and he wanted a bag. It's not some grand conspiracy lol.
I mean did he not see what we did with Gino? We took plenty of lumps trying to find him a spot in the field.
Wolfer79
Coach15
JCooke93 said:

And Miller is coming back to Duke for 1 more season
Love it. Ben Miller is one of the absolute best young men you'll ever meet.
JCooke93
Cozart just signed

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.