Tennessee wins #MCWS (Pack9 finish ranked #7)

20,538 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by StateFan2001
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I mean, I wasn't that impressed with Kentucky, but they have won 75 percent of their games this year and went 22-8 in conference. I didn't think Florida deserved to be in the tournament, but they're still in it and winning, so kudos to them. We definitely could have beaten anyone that made it to Omaha, just didn't work out.
Similar to Miss St in 2021. Most thought they shouldn't have been in.
I believe you're thinking of Ole Miss in 2022. They were a #3 seed in the Miami regional and went on to win the CWS

Miss State in 2021 hosted and was the #7 overall seed when they won the CWS
Glasswolf
matracey said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I mean, I wasn't that impressed with Kentucky, but they have won 75 percent of their games this year and went 22-8 in conference. I didn't think Florida deserved to be in the tournament, but they're still in it and winning, so kudos to them. We definitely could have beaten anyone that made it to Omaha, just didn't work out.
Similar to Miss St in 2021. Most thought they shouldn't have been in.
I believe you're thinking of Ole Miss in 2022. They were a #3 seed in the Miami regional and went on to win the CWS

Miss State in 2021 hosted and was the #7 overall seed when they won the CWS
Yep you are correct
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

DrummerboyWolf
Tennessee beats FSU and reaches the CWS Finals. Only SEC teams left.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Tommy White last year. Cannon Peebles this year.

Glasswolf
Finals set. #1 Tennessee vs #3 Texas A&M. Game 1 Sat 6/22 7:30 PM

Packamylase
Go Aggies!
Wolfer79
College Baseball
NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament
Men's College World Series Finals
Game 1, Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE
Announcers: Kyle Ravech/Chris Burke/Kyle Peterson/Kris Budden
Texas A&M vs. Florida ESPN, 7:30 p.m.
Glasswolf
Packamylase said:

Go Aggies!
I know these are the best 2 teams in baseball but A&M has more resources than you could imagine. Tennessee does also. It's just the rich getting richer either way

wilmwolf
If you wanna listen to an SEC slurp fest, this is a game for you. Good for them I guess, I'm sure ESPN loves it.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
wilmwolf
wilmwolf said:

If you wanna listen to an SEC slurp fest, this is a game for you. Good for them I guess, I'm sure ESPN loves it.

It's also pretty stupid that the CWS format puts most teams having guys pitch on short rest.
The Gatekeeper.
wilmwolf
Tremendous amount of movement on pitches from guys in this game. So many super high spin rate guys in college baseball.
The Gatekeeper.
Wolfer79
College Baseball
Game 2, Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE
Announcers: Karl Ravech/Chris Burke/Kyle Peterson//Kris Budden
Tennessee vs. Texas A&M ABC, 2 p.m. (Texas A&M leads series, 1-0)

Announcers: Dari Nowkhah/David Dellucci/Todd Walker
SEC Now live from Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE ESPN/SEC Network, 1:30 p.m.
SEC Now live from Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE ESPN/SEC Network, 5 p.m.
Coach15
Tony V sets the bad boy image nicely, but he is by far one of the most easy to talk to and approachable P5 baseball coaches. Hope Tenn forces a game 3. That would be a lot of fun.
Glasswolf
As a college hitter how do you hit 101 mph with late movement back over the plate? Sheesh!

Coach15
Tomorrow night will be bigtime college baseball.
Glasswolf
Coach15 said:

Tomorrow night will be bigtime college baseball.
Tomorrow night is what you play the game for.

Coach15
Crazy... Coaches playing for incentives and players playing to boost their NIL opportunities.

Oh yeah, and playing for a National Championship in Omaha.
Whitetailpack
Love College baseball. hoping for a great game tomorrow.
Wolfer79
Eastern
College Baseball
Game 3, Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE
Announcers: Karl Ravech/Chris Burke/Kyle Peterson//Kris Budden
Texas A&M vs. Tennessee ESPN, 7 p.m. (series tied 1-1)
Bismarck
I think the NCAA baseball tournament (regionals, supers and cws) is one of the most underrated sporting events. Usually very good theater.
FLWolf
This guy is hanging everything

UT will put up 10 runs if this guy stays up
Glasswolf
Bunt with 2 strikes is pretty ballsy. That aggression and a throwing error lead to an Aggie run. Tied 1-1

Wolfpacklife
Nasty juice by the A&M pitcher there
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

ClePack
Tenn will win. 2nd year in a row an NC state transfer wins the cws. Tenn has a lot of big time transfers too. It's a brand new era, and you need to spend big to win the CWS
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

Tenn will win. 2nd year in a row an NC state transfer wins the cws. Tenn has a lot of big time transfers too. It's a brand new era, and you need to spend big to win the CWS
Meh. Amick was the big one. Snead coming out of Wichita State was a nice pickup as was Causey from Jacksonville State. A large majority of their team came from HS crootin' or a JUCO.

Peebles couldn't beat out a C that hit sub .200 last year and .209 this year. Remember when you thought he was better than Cozart? Kidding (half kidding)

I'm not so sure anyone other than Amick cost them a ton. Maybe Snead cost them some scratch but they're winning with mostly home grown dudes. Now I'm sure those cats are paid handsomely but they got more JUCO transfers than portal kids.

You're right you need to spend on NIL but it doesn't all have to come from the portal, IMO.
Wolfpacklife
Fun game. Tough ending for A&M

Glasswolf
Congratulations to Tennessee on winning the MCWS over Texas A&M

metcalfmafia
All time bad beat for anyone who bet the -1.5 Tennessee.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Meh. Amick was the big one. Snead coming out of Wichita State was a nice pickup as was Causey from Jacksonville State. A large majority of their team came from HS crootin' or a JUCO.

Peebles couldn't beat out a C that hit sub .200 last year and .209 this year. Remember when you thought he was better than Cozart? Kidding (half kidding)

I'm not so sure anyone other than Amick cost them a ton. Maybe Snead cost them some scratch but they're winning with mostly home grown dudes. Now I'm sure those cats are paid handsomely but they got more JUCO transfers than portal kids.

You're right you need to spend on NIL but it doesn't all have to come from the portal, IMO.

I was dead ass wrong on Peebles. Idk if his confidence got hurt or something but he wasn't the same player in year 2. I guess he's a champ tho. Fair point on Tennessee's portal/transfer stuff.
I40Wolf
Glasswolf said:

Congratulations to Tennessee on winning the MCWS over Texas A&M
Worse damn dogpile I have ever seen.
Glasswolf

AMAK makes the all CWS team

Wolfpacklife
Glasswolf said:

Well deserved. Beast!

I40Wolf
Glasswolf said:

Congratulations to AMAK.
matracey
metcalfmafia said:

All time bad beat for anyone who bet the -1.5 Tennessee.

All time good beat for my Texas A&M +1.5 and Over 9.5 runs parlay
StateFan2001
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Nobody has recruited the HS ranks in recent years better than Tennessee has. They haven't needed the portal as much as many other programs have as a result. They surprisingly lacked a whole lot of bigtime arms, but their staff still got the job done when combined with the best offense in the country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.