Game Plan for todays game.

3,909 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by matracey
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf howl said:

pack2010 said:

BreakPoint said:

I guess I don't understand the pool play…how does this game not matter?

with nc state being the highest seed in the pool, if all teams go 1-1, the pack get the tiebreaker due to seeding.

for example- if VT wins today, and NCSU beats duke, all 3 teams will be 1-1 and NCSU advances.

of course, if any team goes 2-0, they'll advance.
LOL I'm still confused but I'll be there with a beer and cheering like it matters regardless!

Possible scenarios:

-NC State beats VT tonight, beats Duke tomorrow = NC State 2-0 , VT 0-2, Duke 1-1, State advances

-NC State loses to VT tonight, beats Duke tomorrow = NC State 1-1, VT 1-1, Duke 1-1, State has tie breaker at highest seed, State advances

- NC State beats VT, Loses to Duke tomorrow = State 1-1, VT 0-2, Duke 2-0, Duke advances

- NC State loses to VT, loses to Duke tomorrow = NC State 0-2, VT 1-1, Duke 2-0, Duke advances
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Coach15
Play to win.

Roll the ball out and lose tonight, you'll get smoked by Duke.
wolf howl
wilmwolf said:

wolf howl said:

pack2010 said:

BreakPoint said:

with nc state being the highest seed in the pool, if all teams go 1-1, the pack get the tiebreaker due to seeding.

for example- if VT wins today, and NCSU beats duke, all 3 teams will be 1-1 and NCSU advances.

LOL I'm still confused but I'll be there with a beer and cheering like it matters regardless!

Possible scenarios:

-NC State beats VT tonight, beats Duke tomorrow = NC State 2-0 , VT 0-2, Duke 1-1, State advances

-NC State loses to VT tonight, beats Duke tomorrow = NC State 1-1, VT 1-1, Duke 1-1, State has tie breaker at highest seed, State advances

- NC State beats VT, Loses to Duke tomorrow = State 1-1, VT 0-2, Duke 2-0, Duke advances

- NC State loses to VT, loses to Duke tomorrow = NC State 0-2, VT 1-1, Duke 2-0, Duke advances
I think what was confusing me is I read somewhere being the top seed was like starting 1-0 so in my mind I was thinking beat VT and advance so why is this game not important. So what's the advantage of being a higher seed in these scenarios? Just the tie breaker if we lost the first game?
Glasswolf
wolf howl said:

wilmwolf said:

wolf howl said:

pack2010 said:

BreakPoint said:

Possible scenarios:

I think what was confusing me is I read somewhere being the top seed was like starting 1-0 so in my mind I was thinking beat VT and advance so why is this game not important. So what's the advantage of being a higher seed in these scenarios? Just the tie breaker if we lost the first game?
It's simple. If all teams finish 1-1 the highest seeded team in the pod advances.
waxhaw
wolf howl said:

wilmwolf said:

wolf howl said:

pack2010 said:

BreakPoint said:

Possible scenarios:

If you lose the second, that team would be 2-0 and advance.

The game that's not important, if you are the higher seed, is beating the team that has already lost.

Higher seed advances if all 1-1
OneWolf
So whose arms did we decide to use and why didn't each game get its own thread?
Wolfer79
OneWolf said:

In the past each series got its own topic, since pool play is basically a series it was set up that way

Here is topic for ACCT pool play
https://insidepacksports.com/forums/3/topics/33903

If NC State advances to Saturday i plan to start new topic for that gane6
OneWolf
Wolfer79 said:

OneWolf said:

In the past each series got its own topic, since pool play is basically a series it was set up that way

Unreadable. It's fine I'm not a big baseball fan. But to a newcomer, it's not readable. I assume we don't care about that - this is how we local do it and newcomers can figure it out if they are committed. Ok.
matracey
OneWolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

OneWolf said:

Unreadable. It's fine I'm not a big baseball fan. But to a newcomer, it's not readable. I assume we don't care about that - this is how we local do it and newcomers can figure it out if they are committed. Ok.

No issues reading it over here. I like having pool play in one thread. Would hate to have to jump from thread to thread to comment on all the games.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.