ACC Tournament in Charlotte (Pack9 Eliminated)

34,862 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by toddl
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfblood said:

Just checked the Wake and UNC score. So much for all the talk about needing to be a top four seed to advance to the semifinals. All four top seeds are out. Speaks to the depth of this league.

And how much the format either sucks or is fun depending on whether you like seeing "upsets" or prefer watching a showdown of the best teams.

But, on GTHC we can all agree!!!
Wolfblood
I get why they went to this format, but tournament baseball should be double elimination.
Wolfer79
Wolfblood said:

I get why they went to this format, but tournament baseball should be double elimination.

I heard some discussion on possible format change with Stanford and California joining ACC.

SMU does not have baseball.
Tom OBriens Smile
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfblood said:

I heard some discussion on possible format change with Stanford and California joining ACC.

I'm not sure I ever noticed SMU doesn't have baseball - that seems so off.
SportManagementEngineer
Tom OBriens Smile said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfblood said:

That is super surprising.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
StateFan2001
Baseball as a single elim format is just asking for randomness.
StateFan2001
Agree considering they are in the heart of a baseball recruiting hotbed down there. Would think they could kill it in baseball.
DrummerboyWolf
Tom OBriens Smile said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfblood said:

That is very surprising as noted that is a recruiting rich area. Look what Dallas Baptist has done with baseball. One would think that if SMU decides to incorporate baseball, they could be really good really fast.
Wolfer79
SeaWolf
I saw a post online that the SEC is possibly changing their format to the following:

Day 1: Seeds 9-16 (4 games)
Day 2: Winners from Day 1 vs. seeds 5-8 (4 games)
Day 3: Winners from Day 2 vs. seeds 1-4 (4 games)
Day 4: Semifinals (2 games)
Day 5: Final (1 game)

16 teams, single elimination, top 4 seeds get double bye.

Not perfect ( nothing is ), but a hell of a lot better than the current ACC format. Game inventory is the same (15), but none of them are meaningless.

Borowolf10
I can't respect Duke fans. They only show up for basketball.
Wolfer79
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament
Championship, Truist Field, Charlotte, NC
Announcers: Mike Ferrin/Gaby Sanchez//Dani Wexelman

Florida State vs. Duke ESPN2, noon
Rob McLamb
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

I can't respect Duke fans. They only show up for basketball.

I was a Dookie for a long time. This is a valid criticism. Part of the reason they show up for basketball during travels in national branding. Without the non-graduate, non-native North Carolinian supporters, Duke would really be on an island.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
Glasswolf
ClePack
Duke looking good. Pollard is a hell of a coach. Dunno what changed but he's seemed to turn the corner the last few years. Has turned duke into a hell of a program
Alex Gee
Staff
ClePack said:

Duke looking good. Pollard is a hell of a coach. Dunno what changed but he's seemed to turn the corner the last few years. Has turned duke into a hell of a program

Aaron Fitt agrees that they should be a lock if they hang onto this one, but did mention something that's been discussed on here, facilities. Will be interesting to see if that comes into play for a host spot.

Pollard is sharp. Pushes the right buttons and has built a pretty unique program focusing on the bullpen.
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

Aaron Fitt agrees that they should be a lock if they hang onto this one, but did mention something that's been discussed on here, facilities. Will be interesting to see if that comes into play for a host spot.

Pollard is sharp. Pushes the right buttons and has built a pretty unique program focusing on the bullpen.
The Ivy League and D2/D3 guys have been good to him/duke. I wasn't sure how Pollard would respond to losing Josh Jordan to LSU and I'm still skeptical but so far so good.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Alex Gee
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

The Ivy League and D2/D3 guys have been good to him/duke. I wasn't sure how Pollard would respond to losing Josh Jordan to LSU and I'm still skeptical but so far so good.

Very good to them. Tough life to get an undergrad degree from Harvard and a postgrad from Duke lol.
ClePack
Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

You're right. Duke isn't using dbap this year. And their normal stadium is pretty bland and tiny. Wonder if they can even host there.
SportManagementEngineer
ClePack said:

He interviewed with Miami for their opening. I do wonder which side backed off.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf
Congrats to Duke, but blue collar? Ok.

Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
SportManagementEngineer
wilmwolf said:

Congrats to Duke, but blue collar? Ok.

By the literal words they do have blue collars on their jersey. But that's about it.
boguesound
Hysterical. Good for them though. They're good.
toddl
Staff
It's literally impossible to work hard if you go to a private school.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.