Tennessee wins #MCWS (Pack9 finish ranked #7)

17,949 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by ncsupack1
FourOaksWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wilson said:

I like Eric Church's music, but seeing him with that light blue **** on that damn chain around his neck makes me think I hope his nuts fall off.

I won't listen to his *****

Listen to Merle Haggard. Actually has substance.
CALS Alumni
ClePack
Sec 3-0 vs acc
ThomasEvans
ClePack said:

Sec 3-0 vs acc

Don't care. If we can't win it the light blue better not either
DanielWilsonIPS
ThomasEvans said:

ClePack said:

Sec 3-0 vs acc

Translation:
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
FourOaksWolf
ThomasEvans said:

ClePack said:

Sec 3-0 vs acc

I'm pulling for the Pack, not the ACC.
CALS Alumni
wilmwolf
How many SEC teams did the ACC teams beat to get to Omaha? Put enough of them in the tournament as higher seeds and they are bound to have success. Ultimately, it's a team game, not a conference game, and I have zero conference pride left.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Wolfer79
Winners Bracket
Announcers: Karl Ravech/Eduardo Prez/Kyle Peterson//Kris Budden
Texas A&M vs. Kentucky ESPN, 7 p.m.
Glasswolf
Pack9 eliminated
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
College Baseball
NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament
Men's College World Series
Day 6, Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE
Elimination Game
Announcers: Mike Monaco/Chris Burke/Ben McDonald//Dani Wexelman
Florida State vs. North Carolina ESPN, 2 p.m.

Elimination Game
Florida vs. Kentucky ESPN, 7 p.m.
Jtilley
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fans-accused-heckling-florida-coach-181713720.html

Bad on A&M fans but forgot about this story.

Rumor was O'Sullivan was having an affair with team batboys mom, husband finds out and kills the two boys and himself then sets the house on fire. Batboys mom marries O'Sullivan after everything. WILD story.
Glasswolf
kmb717
Jtilley said:

Rumor was O'Sullivan was having an affair with team batboys mom, husband finds out and kills the two boys and himself then sets the house on fire. Batboys mom marries O'Sullivan after everything. WILD story.

What in the world. If those rumors are true....wow.
I40Wolf
Jtilley said:

Rumor was O'Sullivan was having an affair with team batboys mom, husband finds out and kills the two boys and himself then sets the house on fire. Batboys mom marries O'Sullivan after everything. WILD story
never mind
Oldsouljer
Omahahaha, cheats.
pack2010
FSU beats UNC ending UNCs season

FSU must beat Tennessee twice to play for the title.
Wolfpacklife
Huge FSU fan the rest of the way. I don't want to hear all about an all sec final blah blah
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

Glasswolf
Wolfpacklife said:

Huge FSU fan the rest of the way. I don't want to hear all about an all sec final blah blah
I picked Tennessee and Texas A&M in the D1 baseball bracket that Alex Gee started but I wouldn't be upset to see a Florida/FSU championship series.
Oldsouljer
pack2010 said:

FSU beats UNC ending UNCs season

FSU must beat Tennessee twice to play for the title.
Yup. Anyway, they can now close the book on any baseball glory dreams they might have had and move on to sleeping giant football talk.
GeeBee
NC State beat unc in football again, beat them for the ACC Basketball championship and took the series in baseball as well and split in WBB but landed in the final four. We dominate them in wrestling.

Are they really relevant? Just thought some perspective might be important.

Glasswolf
Some how I've ended up in a mud wrestling match with some unc tool. Aaron Fitt was commenting about the Heels season and said they won the ACC. I politely mentioned they won the Coastal with the best record and Clemson won the Atlantic. Duke won the ACC. This idiot is claiming that 30 games is greater than 4 games so that makes unc ACC Champions. It was the same deal in MBB.

WolfQuacker
Glasswolf said:

Some how I've ended up in a mud wrestling match with some unc tool. Aaron Fitt was commenting about the Heels season and said they won the ACC. I politely mentioned they won the Coastal with the best record and Clemson won the Atlantic. Duke won the ACC. This idiot is claiming that 30 games is greater than 4 games so that makes unc ACC Champions. It was the same deal in MBB.
Tools are going to.... tool. Don't sweat it, they've been moving goalposts all year to try and marginalize State's success. True colors shine right through.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Life is much easier to just ignore those folks.
Oldsouljer
Glasswolf said:

That's UNC math for ya.
StateFan2001
Glasswolf said:

It is hard in baseball to crown a conference champion. Typically, we would say the team that won the tournament is the champion and at the end of the day that is true. It is just hard to say 4 games in a weird format is more important than 30 regular season games. Then, you have 2 diferent divisions in the regular season with different schedules so you can't really crown the team with the best reg season record either. Just kind of an imperfect setup with baseball. That is why I always say trips to Omaha far outweigh a conference championship in baseball.
Glasswolf
StateFan2001 said:

Glasswolf said:

It is hard in baseball to crown a conference champion. Typically, we would say the team that won the tournament is the champion and at the end of the day that is true. It is just hard to say 4 games in a weird format is more important than 30 regular season games. Then, you have 2 diferent divisions in the regular season with different schedules so you can't really crown the team with the best reg season record either. Just kind of an imperfect setup with baseball. That is why I always say trips to Omaha far outweigh a conference championship in baseball.
I agree. That's why I'm ok with awarding some type of trophy for a regular season title in MBB and WBB. Being the best through a 30 game schedule is a incredible achievement. Every sport needs to be one division. Period.

Wolfer79
College Baseball
NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament
Men's College World Series
Day 7, Charles Schwab Field Omaha, Omaha, NE
Elimination Game
Kentucky vs. Florida ESPN, 11 a.m.

National Semifinals
Announcers: Mike Monaco/Chris Burke/Ben McDonald//Dani Wexelman
Florida State vs. Tennessee ESPN, 3 p.m.

Kentucky/Florida winner vs. Texas A&M ESPN, 7 p.m.
ClePack
FL murdering KY in the first inning
Packamylase
FYI, KY just walked Caglianone in the bottom of the 3rd inning to LOAD the bases! Unheard of!
StateFan2001
ClePack said:

Kentucky is not a great ballclub. We ended up with a pretty fortunate draw that we just didn't take advantage of. Even A&M who is a good ball club is down a couple of key guys. THe other bracket was much tougher. I frankly think we are better than both teams we lost to and had the staff to handle all the innings that are required for a deep Omaha run.
metcalfmafia
StateFan2001 said:

ClePack said:

Kentucky is not a great ballclub. We ended up with a pretty fortunate draw that we just didn't take advantage of. Even A&M who is a good ball club is down a couple of key guys. THe other bracket was much tougher. I frankly think we are better than both teams we lost to and had the staff to handle all the innings that are required for a deep Omaha run.
Yes, the #2 overall seed is not a great ballclub.
Jtilley
I will be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with Kentucky or Florida outside of a couple guys.

Georgia's offense scared me more but they had zero pitching.

wilmwolf
Packamylase said:

FYI, KY just walked Caglianone in the bottom of the 3rd inning to LOAD the bases! Unheard of!
And gave up a 2 RBI hit to the next guy, so I guess they saved a run over him hitting a 3 run homer. Unfortunately it's not currently looking like on run will matter to them.
The Gatekeeper.
StateFan2001
Jtilley said:

I will be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with Kentucky or Florida outside of a couple guys.

Georgia's offense scared me more but they had zero pitching.

Yep agree.
ClePack
StateFan2001 said:

ClePack said:

Yeah, I think I agree. Lotta clout given to these squads just because they were in the SEC (I'm including Georgia here, who really didn't have a stellar resume and at the end of the day wasn't that great of a team, just from the SEC). We probably could have won our side of the bracket, truth be told.
wilmwolf
I mean, I wasn't that impressed with Kentucky, but they have won 75 percent of their games this year and went 22-8 in conference. I didn't think Florida deserved to be in the tournament, but they're still in it and winning, so kudos to them. We definitely could have beaten anyone that made it to Omaha, just didn't work out.
The Gatekeeper.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.