ACC Tournament in Charlotte (Pack9 Eliminated)

34,743 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by toddl
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

Civilized said:

Alex Gee said:

James Henderson said:

Alex Gee said:

James Henderson said:

Loved getting Marohn that type of start/experience. Need him going forward as a starter and having his confidence high is ideal.

He pitched 9 innings in ACC play. If you need him to win 3 games this weekend then my issue will probably be somewhere else.
My counter is and will always be that it would have probably been nice for him to have been available to throw more innings in ACC play. The one weekend he could provide length we swept a top 10 team. Full stable to win a title sure would be nice, which I know you want more than anything in any sport.

Still think State wins this thing and for some reason now folks seem to think I'm the angry, mad State fan lol. Boro might disagree with that
Oh I agree, I just think State feels they should have enough arms IF they make it to Sunday to make sure Marohn gets this experience.

We were texting last night, we won a 3-game series vs. Duke without an inning from Marohn, Van Dam, or Consiglio LOL

I just can't see myself being mad Sunday we don't have Marohn available given we've yet to see Highfill, Fritton, Whitaker, Consiglio, Dudan, Smith, Shaffner, etc...
This isn't a win the series scenario anymore. Gotta win 3 in a row. And still think we do, just managed much differently than these other weekends.

A lot of angry folks on Sunday's this year ha.

ETA: The world would cripple if they had access to the IPS baseball chain.

Hey Alex, who gets the most aggro on the IPS Pack9 chain?

I try to mediate. Ethan and James go nuts . It's a fun place lol.

(Nobody goes nuts)

LOLOL!! Ethan!! Wouldn't have guessed that. So calculating most of the time. James, different story. He's barely able to hide his insatiable yearning for a baseball title for Avent on the very best of days.
pack2010
Miami beats Clemson, goes 2-0 in their pool.

Miami plays the winner of NC State/ Duke in the semis
Jfberger24
Possible to take Clemson's spot with a run and Clemson losing again tomorrow?
carterpack
Any idea who Duke is pitching tonight?
BruceDouble
Future radar still showing line of storms coming through 7-8pm tonight. Taking my 2 year old to her first baseball game tonight so hope it goes around us or comes through earlier.
Alex Gee
Staff
carterpack said:

Any idea who Duke is pitching tonight?
Andrew Healy/Kyle Johnson. Gonna see Charlie B at some point.

FSU/UVA might be a super regional elim. game tomorrow. In a really good spot to be top 8 by just getting to Sunday.
Glasswolf
Highfill confirmed on the bump tonight
M_A
It just feels like this is the year
Wolfer79
boguesound
wilmwolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

He could absolutely be effective for a couple of innings.

We have evidence. He's done it twice in conference off a midweek start. Both bad appearances against bad teams.

So it could never happen because of those two examples? Kid's talented. I think he could rise to the occasion.

Yeah that would be great. Trust me, there's not a higher state baseball fan/optimist around than me.

This was idiotic. You can remove hope from the equation if he throws 40 pitches.

Cool. A lot of people here love State. Also already said I thought he went too long.

That's not what I said ha. You only love the hitters up to Cozart though lol.

Stand by it. Like Butterworth as a 7-hole guy, certainly not 5. He's hitting .230. I love Luke. Sosa's going to be a stud, and he's coming on but isn't there yet. Don't really like what Chase brings. Soles was hurt, but the reality is he's hitting .220. So, yea, that 5-9 feels like too much of a dropoff for me from the top half. They're getting better though, and there's a lot of potential with Sosa and Luke.

There it is!
Butters is hitting .304 over the last month, Sosa is hitting .375 in that same timeframe and both have hit 4 bombs. Just some data for the counting stat fanatics out there.

Soles gets on base a ton with 9 BBs and getting hit by 4 pitches as well since he's come back from surgery. He might be hitting .220 but he gets on base more than just about anyone else on team since he's come back earlier this month and when he gets on base he's scoring almost 40% of the time. Get on base, score runs. Seems important to me.

In the no biggest no sht comment of the day, batting average doesn't tell anything close to the whole story.

But this is a helluva argument after scoring 19 runs and that part of the lineup going 7-23 on the night. ha

It's why you can't look at the season long statistics and say we aren't a national contender right now. A guy having an 0-37 streak a month ago that tanked his BA doesn't really define how Sosa is playing right now. Stats are cool, but we get too caught up in them sometimes, particularly in baseball.

Certainly all good points
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

Alex Gee said:

boguesound said:

He could absolutely be effective for a couple of innings.

We have evidence. He's done it twice in conference off a midweek start. Both bad appearances against bad teams.

So it could never happen because of those two examples? Kid's talented. I think he could rise to the occasion.

Yeah that would be great. Trust me, there's not a higher state baseball fan/optimist around than me.

This was idiotic. You can remove hope from the equation if he throws 40 pitches.

Cool. A lot of people here love State. Also already said I thought he went too long.

That's not what I said ha. You only love the hitters up to Cozart though lol.

Stand by it. Like Butterworth as a 7-hole guy, certainly not 5. He's hitting .230. I love Luke. Sosa's going to be a stud, and he's coming on but isn't there yet. Don't really like what Chase brings. Soles was hurt, but the reality is he's hitting .220. So, yea, that 5-9 feels like too much of a dropoff for me from the top half. They're getting better though, and there's a lot of potential with Sosa and Luke.

There it is!
Butters is hitting .304 over the last month, Sosa is hitting .375 in that same timeframe and both have hit 4 bombs. Just some data for the counting stat fanatics out there.

Soles gets on base a ton with 9 BBs and getting hit by 4 pitches as well since he's come back from surgery. He might be hitting .220 but he gets on base more than just about anyone else on team since he's come back earlier this month and when he gets on base he's scoring almost 40% of the time. Get on base, score runs. Seems important to me.

In the no biggest no sht comment of the day, batting average doesn't tell anything close to the whole story.

But this is a helluva argument after scoring 19 runs and that part of the lineup going 7-23 on the night. ha
Extremely rare to have a guy with a career OBP of around .420 hitting 9th, and arguably he probably shouldn't be batting that low. With that being said, I like how he turns the lineup back over and is probably the hardest AB from the nine hole hitter in the country.

Some of you guys have never read/watched Money Ball and it shows.
CackalackRunner
Seems odd- DraftKings has N.C. State as 1.5 run favorites if I'm reading right but unlike the other games moneyline is a pickem?
Alex Gee
Staff
CackalackRunner said:

Seems odd- DraftKings has N.C. State as 1.5 run favorites if I'm reading right but unlike the other games moneyline is a pickem?

Baseball betting is done by run line. So every game is always a 1.5 spread. They just change the odds of the cover
SniderFC
Alex Gee said:

CackalackRunner said:

Baseball betting is done by run line. So every game is always a 1.5 spread. They just change the odds of the cover

Started betting against the A's run line right when they started playing good again. lol no more baseball bets for this guy
SniderFC
CackalackRunner said:

I think you have it backwards and Duke is -1.5 so they'd be the favorites.
Alex Gee
Staff
Ha! I did that for a while myself. Then Mason Miller decided to be the greatest pitcher who ever lived
Glasswolf
Civilized
C'mon Sam
BigLefty24
Jesus Christ. Sam is getting shelled. What a terrible breaking ball with two strikes on the grand slam.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

WPNfamily
Saw some Savages!
HappyHooker73
Keep doing what you do Reid! Great hanging and Go Pack
It’s a RED State!
Wolfer79
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament
Pool Play
Round Robin, Truist Field, Charlotte, NC
Florida State vs. Virginia ACC Network, 11 a.m.
Louisville vs. Clemson ACC Network, 3 p.m.
Wake Forest vs. North Carolina ACC Network, 7 p.m.
toddl
Staff
Florida State vs. Virginia - Winner advances to semis to play WFU/UNC
Louisville vs. Clemson - Meaningless game. Miami already won this pod and will play Duke in semis.
Wake Forest vs. North Carolina - Winner advances to semis to play FSU/UVA
Pack9fan_23
WPNfamily said:

Saw some Savages!

I NEED that Wolfpack Baseball tee!!!!
Chris Hooks is the best backup baseball radio ever!
@ChrisHooks0223
Wolfer79
FINAL: @FSUBaseball beats Virginia 12-7 to advance to Saturday's semifinals. Fun battle between two elite offensesand Jamie Arnold, one of the nation's elite arms, did a great job containing UVa for six IP. Huge win for FSU's top-8 case, and likely knocks UVa out of top 8 race

SportManagementEngineer
Pack9fan_23 said:

WPNfamily said:

Saw some Savages!

I NEED that Wolfpack Baseball tee!!!!
I want the ones I saw yesterday, the white ones with the script N.C. State. Adidas, looked great.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Jordan
Might be looking at a unc-Duke final. Wake's bullpen is a mess
Borowolf10
Incredible game right now between Wake and UNC.
wilmwolf
Pretty dumb that the winner of the late game today has to play the early game tomorrow.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfblood
Just checked the Wake and UNC score. So much for all the talk about needing to be a top four seed to advance to the semifinals. All four top seeds are out. Speaks to the depth of this league.

Semifinals

5 vs 8 and 6 vs 11

Oh yeah, thanks Wake and GTHC!!!!!
FourOaksWolf
Wolfblood said:

Just checked the Wake and UNC score. So much for all the talk about needing to be a top four seed to advance to the semifinals. All four top seeds are out. Speaks to the depth of this league.

Semifinals

5 vs 8 and 6 vs 11

Oh yeah, thanks Wake and GTHC!!!!!

Going to be a lot of disappointed folks at the ACC Network.
CALS Alumni
Wolfer79
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament
Semifinals, Truist Field, Charlotte, NC
Miami (FL) vs. Duke ACC Network, 1 p.m.
Wake Forest vs Florida State ACC Network, 5 p.m

May have these flipped
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf said:

Pretty dumb that the winner of the late game today has to play the early game tomorrow.
Another brilliant move by the ACC! I was thinking the same thing.
Wolfer79
There will be no top 4 seed in the semifinals of the ACC Baseball Championship for the first time since the tournament moved to pool play in 2017.

wilmwolf
We definitely have a deep league, one that doesn't get enough credit most of the time. The tournament format is also really crappy and IMO doesn't really reward the top seeds, and also can hurt all the teams in their preparation for the NCAAs the following week.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.