College Baseball/Post Season (hosts TBA 5/26, bracket 5/27 noon)

16,352 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Wolfer79
Slobbering_Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Any idea on pricing or how tickets sales will work for the regional? I've been to some before at the Doak and the super we hosted with Rice but can't remember how all that went

Season ticket holders had to have requests in already

I saw $120 for regional book

Since visiting teams get tickets and Doak season tickets sold out, I doubt there will be many tickets available other than secondary market

That's what I was afraid of
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
Wolfer79
D1Baseball
https://d1baseball.com/stories/2024-d1baseball-field-of-64-projections/
tau06
Wolfer79 said:

D1Baseball

Don't see why UVA would be ahead of us but that's splitting hairs. Next weekend can't get here soon enough!
Wolfer79
tau06 said:

Wolfer79 said:

D1Baseball

Don't see why UVA would be ahead of us but that's splitting hairs. Next weekend can't get here soon enough!

Team 1
Vs quad 1 12-15
Vs quad 2 4-2
Vs quad 3 8-3
Vs quad 4 9-0

Other team
Vs quad 1 8-8
Vs quad 2 10-5
Vs quad 3 11-1
Vs quad 4 12-1

Head to head NC State 2-1
tau06
Wolfer79 said:

tau06 said:

Wolfer79 said:

D1Baseball

Team 1
Vs quad 1 12-15
Vs quad 2 4-2
Vs quad 3 8-3
Vs quad 4 9-0

Other team
Vs quad 1 8-8
Vs quad 2 10-5
Vs quad 3 11-1
Vs quad 4 12-1

Head to head NC State 2-

Haven't done the research to see which is which here but h2h State takes 2 @UVA and has same (and better/more) high quality series wins than UVA. Their schedule was pretty easy in ACC play. Just my opinion on it
DJncsu13
tau06 said:

Wolfer79 said:

tau06 said:

Wolfer79 said:

D1Baseball

Team 1
Vs quad 1 12-15
Vs quad 2 4-2
Vs quad 3 8-3
Vs quad 4 9-0

Other team
Vs quad 1 8-8
Vs quad 2 10-5
Vs quad 3 11-1
Vs quad 4 12-1

Head to head NC State 2-

Haven't done the research to see which is which here but h2h State takes 2 @UVA and has same (and better/more) high quality series wins than UVA. Their schedule was pretty easy in ACC play. Just my opinion on it

Comes down to how much the committee wants to rely on RPI. If they choose to seed strictly based RPI UVA is higher. If they inspect the resumes more closely I think we would be higher.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Alex Gee
Staff
ECU is 2 outs away from completely destroying themselves the last few weeks. They are threatening though.
Alex Gee
Staff
Oh my god they stole home to win it.
Slobbering_Wolf
Am I the only one getting worried that these games are not falling our way?
Alex Gee
Staff
Slobbering_Wolf said:

There's zero to be worried about. State is not on the hosting bubble and conference tournaments historically only matter if you win
Glasswolf
Slobbering_Wolf said:

Yes
tau06
Slobbering_Wolf said:

State was locked into top 12 prior to the ACC tourney. Nothing resumewise anyone below us could do mattered enough even if we went 0-2. We were paying for seeding.
boguesound
I really hope ECU gets Duke.
Slobbering_Wolf
Glasswolf said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Yes

Good lol I just never trust the NCAA to get stuff right
Glasswolf
Slobbering_Wolf said:

My real point here is what will worrying about it do?
wilmwolf
So what lead to the ECU coach getting ejected and suspended?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf said:

So what lead to the ECU coach getting ejected and suspended?

ECU head coach Cliff Godwin, infielder Dixon Williams suspended following slide play in Wichita State game
Godwin suspended two games, Williams one for slide play and arguement

https://www.witn.com/2024/05/24/ecu-head-coach-cliff-godwin-infielder-dixon-williams-suspended-following-slide-play-wichita-state-game/

Wolfer79
Wow, Wake Forest coach Tom Walter said, "No, I don't expect us to be home [for a regional], I think there are too many teams ahead of us." I understand part of the job is politicking for your team, but Walt's answer here is super, super refreshing.

Alex Gee
Staff
ECU's out of the hosting picture IMO
Pack31
Alex Gee said:

Crazy huh? They were rolling this season

Nairo
No way ECU shouldn't host. Thats a very good baseball team if we're being objective.
tau06
Nairo said:

No way ECU shouldn't host. Thats a very good baseball team if we're being objective.

Too many warts on that resume down the stretch. They are a good baseball team (not as good as most here think) and will be one of the top 2 seeds. Can't lose the games against bad teams they have the last 3 weeks or so
FLWolf
ya - I do not think ECU hosts

Not playing a power 5 schedule hurts them - yes they beat us good this year
Wolfer79
2024 D1Baseball Field of 64 Projections: May 26

NC State #12
Raleigh Regional
NC State
East Carolina
James Madison
High Point

The race for the final couple of national seeds/host spots continues to be hotly contested. Indiana State created some uncertainty when it failed to win its conference tournament against Evansville on Saturday night. However, the Sycamores still dominated their league in the regular season, played the No. 19 non-conference SOS, and have an RPI of 10. It's hard to see the Sycamores left out, but we must discuss the possibility. East Carolina and Mississippi State remain heavily in the mix. ECU was eliminated from the American tournament on Saturday and is down to 23 in the RPI. ECU had a strong showing in the regular season and has a very solid non-conference SOS of 9. However, it's worth mentioning that the American was the 12th-rated RPI conference. Mississippi State's only issue is an RPI of 24, but the Bulldogs have star-studded metrics in other areas, with a whopping 16 wins against Quad 1 and 20 wins against Quads 1 + 2. Furthermore, MSU accumulated 20 wins against SEC teams. The other team I'd watch out for is Duke. The Blue Devils are 17 in the RPI and have 19 wins against ACC competition. A win over FSU tomorrow would give the Devils 20 ACC wins with an RPI in the Top 16. That would seem very host-worthy across the board. The three sleepers would be San Diego (18), Dallas Baptist (22) and Arizona (31). The Wildcats have the most compelling case by far of those three teams, with a Pac-12 regular season and tournament title. However, the committee would make history by selecting a team with an RPI of 31 as a Top 16 seed. Arizona checks all the boxes … except the RPI.
Wolfer79
Baseball America

2024 NCAA Baseball Bracket (May 26 update)

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2024-ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-projected-field-of-64-conference-tournament-week/

NC State #10

Raleigh Regional
NC State
South Carolina
Coastal Carolina
High Point
Nate97
Yep, they would stick ECU here. Maybe Duke wins today, hosts, and they can take ECU.
pbr1973
What time will host sites be announced today?
Alex Gee
Staff
Pack31 said:

Alex Gee said:

They have 2 Q1 wins that came from a weekend series and that was in February against UNC in that jumpy travel format. Get them in a real conference and they don't roll. Would be very happy to have them in Raleigh.
Wolfer79
pbr1973 said:

What time will host sites be announced today?

I saw 830pm
tau06
Alex Gee said:

Pack31 said:

Alex Gee said:

They have 2 Q1 wins that came from a weekend series and that was in February against UNC in that jumpy travel format. Get them in a real conference and they don't roll. Would be very happy to have them in Raleigh.

They finish like more than a few games under .500 in the acc. They have a nice little program and have some talent come through but couldn't hold up in the ACC. At least not this year.
tau06
Duke is peaking at the right time and has a lot of talent. Would hate to get them as a 2 seed. Doubt it could be a 2 in our regional but would be a tough draw. If we get a 2 that is anyone other than LSU/SC/Vandy it's a win for us
DrummerboyWolf
tau06 said:

Duke is peaking at the right time and has a lot of talent. Would hate to get them as a 2 seed. Doubt it could be a 2 in our regional but would be a tough draw. If we get a 2 that is anyone other than LSU/SC/Vandy it's a win for us
Not totally sure, but I think you can't meet a conference foe until the Supers.
Glasswolf
pbr1973
Thanks, Wolfer!
Alex Gee
Staff
tau06 said:

If Duke wins today I'd think they would be a regional host which would then probably shake up that ECU to Raleigh projection. I too want to avoid an SEC team as a 2, but I do think we have a better team than the 3 you mentioned.

Give me someone from a smaller conference though for sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.