General College Baseball/Post Season Thread

2,277 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Glasswolf
Alex Gee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Our schedule is just ridiculous at this point. Games/series against 4 of the 8 projected national hosts. 3 more against projected host teams. 27 (!!!) games played against teams in the field.

State will be plenty battle tested. Let's get healthy and win 2 more weekends for some postseason baseball at the Doak.

2024 D1Baseball Field of 64 Projections: April 24 D1Baseball
castlewood107
I would take that regional in a heart beat. Just give them a better 4 seed (USC Upstate?) so they have to burn Yesavage in the Friday night opener.

Could see ECU playing really tight in the postseason (again) after cruising through what is an awful AAC. It's almost more pressure on them to play at home in front of a neurotic crowd given the Omaha monkey.
CackalackRunner
Lately it feels like we are a .500 team winning two out of three in the weekend series but consistently losing Sunday & midweek. Hard to see postseason success that way so hopefully something changes. Noted that the competition is tough but will it be easier by the ACC & NCAA tournaments?
Alex Gee
Staff
CackalackRunner said:

Lately it feels like we are a .500 team winning two out of three in the weekend series but consistently losing Sunday & midweek. Hard to see postseason success that way so hopefully something changes. Noted that the competition is tough but will it be easier by the ACC & NCAA tournaments?
I think so. It's the SEC/ACC in a tier to themselves and then everyone else right now. 8 of the top 10, 6 of the top 20. The 2 others in the top 10 are ECU and Indiana State who, IMO, wouldn't be there if they played an SEC/ACC schedule.

We are playing the best teams in the country almost every game so there will be nothing we haven't seen when we get to postseason play. The key is Whitaker and Soles getting back in the lineup.
Alex Gee
Staff
ND just walked off Wake to take the series
Bismarck
If Pack wins 2 of 3 vs FSU (huge challenge), they would suddenly be right there in the hosting discussion.
tau06
Bismarck said:

If Pack wins 2 of 3 vs FSU (huge challenge), they would suddenly be right there in the hosting discussion.

And IMO would clearly be the class of the ACC. Not sure how you can take 2-3 from every top team in the league and not be looked at as a top 5 team. Know it won't get seen that way by others but most don't always think logically lol
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
#2 seed in Lexington with #5 national seed Kentucky

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2024-d1baseball-field-of-64-projections-may-1/?utm_content=buffer39c54&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
aqasaw234
6 of the top 16 in-state kids ? STRONG ! will they all make it to campus ?

JCooke93
I think that most of them will
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Bismarck
Despite the garbage FSU pulled, going 1-1 still keeps us right there for hosting.

Feels like we are a few slots out right now. Need another big series win vs UVA.
Alex Gee
Staff
Up to 19 in RPI. I'm thinking that 3 more wins should get it done. Plus whatever we can potentially add in the acc tournament. 1 more series win and getting out of pool play makes it a lock IMO.

2 series wins and out of pool play and we might be on that national cut line.
Alex Gee
Staff
https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2024-d1baseball-field-of-64-projections-may-8/?utm_content=buffer4c2cc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back to being projected to Greenville. I saw another projection today for South Carolina.

Obviously keep winning and hosting takes care of itself. I get that Duke took a series from WFU early, but there's a bit of a RPI discrepancy for the Blue Devils and this seed line.
Bismarck
Series wins against 3 projected hosts.

Series tie (use a stinking tarp!) against another.

We're outside now, but it's very doable.

Preseason #1 Wake not a projected host.
Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2024-d1baseball-field-of-64-projections-may-8/?utm_content=buffer4c2cc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back to being projected to Greenville. I saw another projection today for South Carolina.

Obviously keep winning and hosting takes care of itself. I get that Duke took a series from WFU early, but there's a bit of a RPI discrepancy for the Blue Devils and this seed line.
I saw one that had us as a 2 in Kentucky's region also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.