#Pack9 (20-13, 10-8) vs Campbell 4/16 (7-11 loss 12 innings)

5,913 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by basementwolf
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Fritton and Serrano? To where? Lol

I mean probably in the top 5 rounds lol.
Serrano I agree. Not sure about Fritton. High spin FB lacking command and lacking + offspeed pitch.
StateFan2001
Borowolf10 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Borowolf10 said:

UNCG, UNCW, ECU, now Campbell. Inexcusable. We got lucky Clemson played like garbage Friday and Saturday.

They just wanted to make sure you had something to ***** about

You're right. It's fine we are getting smacked around by every little program in the state.

Lol like seriously. You think the program should be complimented right now?

Like, do you know anything about college baseball? At all?

Yes I know Campbell and ECU are solid programs. We should be better than them. Losing to one or two out if those is understandable. Getting whopped by all of them is a problem.
Midweek games are very different than weekend series, but consistently losing these midweek games to these good local programs does say something. To me, it is probably mostly about the quality of depth in our pitching staff and the lack of defined roles in the midweek for pitching. I think these teams like UNCW and Capbell etc are more defined in how they handle the midweek. It seems a crapshoot who is starting for us and then when we get into secondary bullpen arms it doesn't look great. For example, Win Scott , Hollis Fanning, etc. just aren't ready to consistently get outs against quality teams.
StateFan2001
matracey said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

packman34 said:

matracey said:

Campbell got lucky we played like garbage and it still took them 12 innings to beat us. State still the only team in the country with series wins over two top 10 teams.

GTHC time

Do we get an automatic bid or a trophy for that? Those things don't mean anything when can't beat teams we are supposed to be 10x better.

ACC series wins mean 10x than midweeks games. Amazing that people still freak out over them.

Mid week starts to mean something when you lose every damn week. Especially against in state teams. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Seems like you need some thicker skin if you're embarrassed by midweek games. There's a reason baseball is played in series and you don't use your best starters during midweeks
They aren't using their best starters either. In theory, we should have better depth in our staff than Campbell should or take your pick other mid week team.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

packman34 said:

matracey said:

Campbell got lucky we played like garbage and it still took them 12 innings to beat us. State still the only team in the country with series wins over two top 10 teams.

GTHC time

Do we get an automatic bid or a trophy for that? Those things don't mean anything when can't beat teams we are supposed to be 10x better.

ACC series wins mean 10x than midweeks games. Amazing that people still freak out over them.

Mid week starts to mean something when you lose every damn week. Especially against in state teams. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Seems like you need some thicker skin if you're embarrassed by midweek games. There's a reason baseball is played in series and you don't use your best starters during midweeks
They aren't using their best starters either. In theory, we should have better depth in our staff than Campbell should or take your pick other mid week team.
Last night Campbell threw their Friday night starter who has thrown the most innings for them. UNCG also threw their Friday night starter against us who's thrown the 2nd most innings for them and who beat Wake Forest. These midweek games look completely different if we're throwing Highfill, Whitaker or Fritton in them
MoCoWolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

packman34 said:

matracey said:

GTHC time

Last night Campbell threw their Friday night starter who has thrown the most innings for them. UNCG also threw their Friday night starter against us who's thrown the 2nd most innings for them and who beat Wake Forest. These midweek games look completely different if we're throwing Highfill, Whitaker or Fritton in them

Nm
wilmwolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

Borowolf10 said:

matracey said:

packman34 said:

matracey said:

GTHC time

We also have a very important series against UNC starting Thursday instead of Friday this week.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packman34
MoCoWolf said:

packman34 said:

Hungrylikeawolf_pack said:

Save your breath, this 34 character has literally no idea what he's talking about. I'm not even sure he's watched college baseball before. Lol
LOL, yep, never ever watched them play or even watched a college baseball game in my life. Never been to the Doak or watched just about every game on ESPN+ Its amazing how I somehow knew they even had a game last night? I wonder how the State - UNCW tickets got downloaded to my apple wallet last week, or those from the ND series a few weeks ago? Must be magic just like your intellect on my college baseball experience?

No need to be a tool dude. Is there a reason why state fans can't have a difference of opinion without getting personally attacked just because you disagree with it. I guess the only way to make you feel better about yourself is to tear others down. Congrats on being so special.
Just because you have the ability to buy tickets doesn't make your opinion any less ignorant. I guess it gives you less of an excuse for your ignorant opinion , though...
You are calling someone ignorant yet you struggle with reading comprehension? I simply defended myself from someone who pretty much accused me of never even watching a baseball game and somehow you took that as me trying to say I know everything about college baseball because I can by tickets?? *** is wrong with you?

Is it against packpride rules to have a different opinion than MoCoWolf? I didn't know you were the college baseball "know it all here". Forgive me...i will now ask for your prior approval before posting from now on. That make you feel better?
packman34
Borowolf10 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Borowolf10 said:

UNCG, UNCW, ECU, now Campbell. Inexcusable. We got lucky Clemson played like garbage Friday and Saturday.

You're right. It's fine we are getting smacked around by every little program in the state.

Yes I know Campbell and ECU are solid programs. We should be better than them. Losing to one or two out if those is understandable. Getting whopped by all of them is a problem.
Exactly. Maybe we get hot late in the season but right now, this team is just not a good ball club.
MoCoWolf
packman34 said:

MoCoWolf said:

packman34 said:

Hungrylikeawolf_pack said:

Save your breath, this 34 character has literally no idea what he's talking about. I'm not even sure he's watched college baseball before. Lol
LOL, yep, never ever watched them play or even watched a college baseball game in my life. Never been to the Doak or watched just about every game on ESPN+ Its amazing how I somehow knew they even had a game last night? I wonder how the State - UNCW tickets got downloaded to my apple wallet last week, or those from the ND series a few weeks ago? Must be magic just like your intellect on my college baseball experience?

No need to be a tool dude. Is there a reason why state fans can't have a difference of opinion without getting personally attacked just because you disagree with it. I guess the only way to make you feel better about yourself is to tear others down. Congrats on being so special.
Just because you have the ability to buy tickets doesn't make your opinion any less ignorant. I guess it gives you less of an excuse for your ignorant opinion , though...
You are calling someone ignorant yet you struggle with reading comprehension? I simply defended myself from someone who pretty much accused me of never even watching a baseball game and somehow you took that as me trying to say I know everything about college baseball because I can by tickets?? *** is wrong with you?

Is it against packpride rules to have a different opinion than MoCoWolf? I didn't know you were the college baseball "know it all here". Forgive me...i will now ask for your prior approval before posting from now on. That make you feel better?
Couple notes for you:
1) I'm glad you come to the games, thats awesome.
2) I'm still trying to figure out *** is wrong with me, let me know if you figure it out
3) I stand by my earlier assertion that you need a hug
4) this isn't pack pride
5) I dont really have the time to pre-approve your comments, but I believe in you,
MoCoWolf
packman34 said:

Borowolf10 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Borowolf10 said:

Exactly. Maybe we get hot late in the season but right now, this team is just not a good ball club.
FYI, this "not good ball club" just beat the #2 team in the country 2 out of 3.
basementwolf
StateFan2001 said:

Borowolf10 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Borowolf10 said:

Midweek games are very different than weekend series, but consistently losing these midweek games to these good local programs does say something. To me, it is probably mostly about the quality of depth in our pitching staff and the lack of defined roles in the midweek for pitching. I think these teams like UNCW and Capbell etc are more defined in how they handle the midweek. It seems a crapshoot who is starting for us and then when we get into secondary bullpen arms it doesn't look great. For example, Win Scott , Hollis Fanning, etc. just aren't ready to consistently get outs against quality teams.
We should not have had to pitch anyone past Smith if the bats had come thru. IMO, the bats lost this one, not pitching depth. LOB killed us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.