#Pack9 (15-7, 5-4) vs Notre Dame 3/28-30 (10-0 W)(7-6W)(7-6W)

7,610 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Notre Dame at North Carolina State ACC Network, 8 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Good win and apparently a great showing by Sam. I did not watch his game last night or last week, but two weeks ago against GT, he looked more like his 2021 self than at any time since to me. He started off good in that game until he hung a couple that GT capitalized on, but before that I was getting ready to post of how much better he looked. Hopefully it will continue.
tau06
What a damn performance by Sam!
Wolfer79
I40Wolf
Wolfer79 said:

I don't ***** must but 8:00PM???

Why are we not playing this game earlier in the day. My seat will be empty
wilmwolf
Likely because it's on the actual ACC Network instead of extra. Sucks for us fans though
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Kmcpack
We're going for the record of most teams from one school on tv at any given time.
Alex Gee
Staff
Good news is that any random person flicking through cable, YouTube, Hulu, whatever tonight will see the pack!
DanielWilsonIPS
Dan Cordtz will broadcast tonight's baseball game on the Varsity Network. Back in Winston, he oversees several teams' production, including Duke and App State, the latter of which is the team I was producer and studio host for this year. Also, he called games for Learfield during the 2024 ACC women's basketball tournament, including the Wolfpack's game versus Duke. With Andrew in Portland, y'all are in good hands.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
Alex Gee
Staff
Two TV setup allows me to say that Whit is throwing 94-95 and looking good
wilmwolf
Down to one screen, one bourbon, and I'm locked in.
wilmwolf
Luuuuuukkkkkeeee!!!
PossumJenkins
Hell yeah!
CackalackRunner
5-3 NC State after a Luke Nixon grand slam but honestly without Pack the Bases or anything else I know of on twitter I don't even know what inning it is. gopack live score link

Top 7 now, still 5-3.
wilmwolf
That ball looked foul.
Alex Gee
Staff
Dudan's stuff is really good, but have to think this is where Fritton out of the pen would put us over the top.

But Marohn already pitched.
PossumJenkins
With dudan throwing 98 and two off speed to get the two strikes on the 9 hole hitter…i think you have to give him the fastball there and have him show you he can hit it. I think that's a poor pitch call.
Alex Gee
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

With dudan throwing 98 and two off speed to get the two strikes on the 9 hole hitter…i think you have to give him the fastball there and have him show you he can hit it. I think that's a poor pitch call.

Agreed.

Although good to finally see Miralia and a healthy Van Dam
Borowolf10
I'm sorry but Serrano playing Centerfield is such a joke. You're 6'6 and left handed. You're playing 1st base at the next level. Suck it up and play 1st base in college.
Alex Gee
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

I'm sorry but Serrano playing Centerfield is such a joke. You're 6'6 and left handed. You're playing 1st base at the next level. Suck it up and play 1st base in college.

He's been excellent all year. Come on dude. We have Pennington and his bat in the lineup because he plays center as well. One drop doesn't change that.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

He's been excellent all year. Come on dude

Gotta know the poster.
PossumJenkins
Van dam looked good in those two innings. Especially with some miscues in defense behind him. For the bullpen haters.
wilmwolf
Lllluuuuukkkkkeeeee!!!! What a day for NC State!
matracey
Let's go!!
PossumJenkins
At this point the only thing left to win was the scrimmage…anyone know how that went?
Borowolf10
We can't lose!
Borowolf10
Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

He's been excellent all year. Come on dude. We have Pennington and his bat in the lineup because he plays center as well. One drop doesn't change that.

Not just the drop. Like I said how many 6'6 left handed center fielders are there in the majors? He will likely be playing first base.
DanielWilsonIPS
CackalackRunner said:

5-3 NC State after a Luke Nixon grand slam but honestly without Pack the Bases or anything else I know of on twitter I don't even know what inning it is. gopack live score link

Top 7 now, still 5-3.
Hey now, I'm still live tweeting for IPS.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
Kmcpack
Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Not just the drop. Like I said how many 6'6 left handed center fielders are there in the majors? He will likely be playing first base.

Nope. It's way harder to break into the mlb as a first baseman than an outfielder.
Alex Gee
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

He's showing he can play the outfield at any spots. Comps are Bellinger and Yelich.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf said:

Lllluuuuukkkkkeeeee!!!! What a day for NC State!
Absolutely!!!

Luke Nixon with the the grand slam and the walk off to end the game. Young man is 4-4 with the bags full this season. It does appear that "THE FORCE" is with N. C. State Athletics at this point in time and Luke was again the hero!
ChemE94
What a great day to be a Pack fan!!!! Bring it home with the sweep today!
Packsd14me
Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

He's showing he can play the outfield at any spots. Comps are Bellinger and Yelich.

I agree he is a lot like Bellinger but with a better arm. I think he will get a shot at right in pro ball. Power and good speed at the plate and enough arm to make it at the money spot in pro ball. He will help someone especially if their ball park is small and the Acuna type arm is not at a premium for that team. The Cubs comes to mind.
Wolfer79
Luke Nixon delivered a walk-off single to lift the No. 22 NC State baseball team to a 7-6 win over Notre Dame on Friday night at Doak Field, clinching the weekend series against the Fighting Irish.

After Notre Dame (14-11, 2-9 ACC) tied the score at 6-6 with three runs in the top of the eighth, Luke Nixon provided the late-game heroics with a walk-off single to right field in the bottom of the ninth. Nixon's game-winning single capped off a career night at the plate for the freshman, finishing the evening with a career-high five RBI.

Notre Dame struck first with a run in the top of the third. NC State (17-7, 7-4 ACC) answered when Alec Makarewicz's RBI groundout knotted the score at 1-1.

The Fighting Irish again jumped ahead with two runs in the top of the fourth behind RBI doubles from Carson Tinney and Estevan Moreno. Faced with a 3-1 deficit heading into the sixth inning, the Wolfpack loaded the bases behind a single from Jacob Cozart, a four-pitch walk from Eli Serrano III and a single from Drew Lanphere. Luke Nixon then strode to the plate with one out and lined a grand slam over the right-field wall to vault the Wolfpack ahead for the first time on Friday night at 5-3.

Josh Hogue's two-out RBI single in the bottom of the seventh extended the Pack's lead to 6-3.

Notre Dame tied the score at 6-6 in the eighth and still had the bases loaded with just one out. Left-hander John Miralia retired the one batter he faced in the bases-loaded jam to put two down in the inning. Shane Van Dam then left three Notre Dame baserunners stranded with a strikeout to keep the score tied.

Van Dam (3-0) earned the win after tossing a scoreless ninth prior to Luke Nixon's walk-off single in the bottom half. Notre Dame reliever Caden Spivey (1-1) suffered the loss after allowing two runs over 2.1 innings pitched.

Luke Nixon paced NC State with five RBI, while Cozart ranked first among Wolfpack batters with three hits and two runs scored.

UP NEXT
NC State looks to complete the weekend sweep over the Fighting Irish in Saturday's series finale at Doak Field at Dail Park. First pitch is set for 3 p.m. and will be broadcasted on ACC Network Extra.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/3/30/baseball-luke-nixons-walk-off-single-secures-series-victory-over-notre-dame
Wolfer79
Notre Dame at North Carolina State ACC Network Extra, 3 p.m.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.