D1 baseball Coach Avent

1,148 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by RaleighRed13
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tau06
Have been listening to the D1 Baseball podcast that Coach Avent is on for last month or two. Between being hyped up for the season and a family friend's son who will be in the rotation for UNC has been a fun follow this off season. They do a good job. Ready for Friday!
pack2010
Some cliff notes-

-Marohn has a chance to start the season in the rotation.
-Mentioned a bunch young arms including Jaxon Lucas, Dudan "who has looked really good", mako, wimbush, etc.
-said Matt heavner has had a really strong fall and spring, but maybe broke his hand after a HBP x-rays not conclusive.
-Cozart and Serrano have made big jumps.
- praised guys like soles, highfill, whitaker, Pennington for their leadership and how hard they have worked.
- mentioned Sosa having a strong fall and preseason as well as RS freshman Lanphere (also a catcher but has played other positions). Said lanphere has been a great bat and they want to try to get him in the lineup
- Butterworth has been very strong since he's got here. Likes Luke Nixon as well (mentioned them when going over newcomers)
JCooke93
Heavner played on Friday and Saturday in the scrimmage for the Pack so I think he is fine
JCooke93
I could see D.Lanphere15 dh some
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Heavner played on Friday and Saturday in the scrimmage for the Pack so I think he is fine

Great news! This interview was a week ago, so glad it wasn't broken
JCooke93
I am so ready
RaleighRed13
So excited!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.