2024 college baseball rankings

11,159 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Tr23
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D1baseball.com

https://d1baseball.com/rankings/d1baseball-top-25-tennessee-remains-no-1-uga-ou-ncsu-lead-climbers/?utm_content=buffera491c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
tau06
Up to #9 in Baseball America poll....
Jtilley
wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

Pbacker said:

With what we have left to play, hosting is still possible with the RPI, not likely, but the chance is right in front of the team.
IMO

5-1/6-0 makes us a top 8 seed
3-3/4-2 makes us a host
2-4 or worse makes us a high 2 seed

I'm curious to see how it plays out with five NC teams in the mix to host. Some of it will likely work itself out with our series against WF, but 1-2 teams are probably going to be disappointed.
Yeah feels like our series vs Wake will be an elimination host series.

I'm not convinced Duke will host. Best series wins are Wake and UVA. Lost series to FSU and Clemson.
Their RPI is below ours right now. They have the worst overall SOS out of all the ACC host candidates and their NCSOS is an abysmal 246 which is the worst out of any team in the top 37 in RPI and 3rd worst out of any team in the top 85 of the RPI. They have 3 Q4 losses. For as bad as we have been in midweeks we only have 3 Q3 losses no Q4 losses.

Now that I think of it, would DBAP even be available for them to host? I think I remember that their place on campus isn't big enough, but maybe I'm wrong.
They didn't renew their deal for the DBAP this year. Not saying the Bulls wouldn't allow them if they can but I wouldn't bank on it.

Unless they have upgraded the facility I doubt they host. I remember going to game there a couple years ago and they had to bring in porta johns.
Wolfer79
Cthepack
Wolfer79 said:

Interesting that we will have played all current ACC ranked teams that we can and at worst case lose 1 series. Let's go win at least two against wake and not lose a single series to the acc ranked teams.
843wolfpacker
How does seeding work for ACCT? Do we need to be top 2 of division or just top 4 overall record?
matracey
843wolfpacker said:

How does seeding work for ACCT? Do we need to be top 2 of division or just top 4 overall record?
I believe it's just top 4 overall
Glasswolf
843wolfpacker said:

Atlantic and Coastal winners get Top 2 seeding. Then the next 2 best records regardless of division are tops in either pod c or d. Then next 8 by record.

As of today it's (1)UNC (2)Clem (3)FSU (4)NCSU

Then you have WF, UVA and Duke at 15-12, VT and GT at 14-13 then Miami at 10-17, Louisville at 13-14 and ND at 9-18.

Pitt and BC are out.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Tr23
Just small nitpick, we'll be the #3 seed if the season ended today. We have the tiebreaker over FSU due to Atlantic Division records.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.