#Pack9 2023 schedule released

2,768 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NC State baseball head coach Elliott Avent announced the program's 2023 competition schedule on Wednesday afternoon. The 55-game slate includes 35 contests at Doak Field at Dail Park, including 11 of the Pack's first 12 games at home to open the season.

The Wolfpack will open its season with a home series against Wagner (Feb. 17-19) before traveling to Coastal Carolina on Feb. 22 for its first midweek road matchup. The Pack then plays its next eight games at home, hosting Belmont (Feb. 24-26), Longwood (Feb. 28), Radford (March 1) and NJIT (March 3-5) at The Doak.

NC State then plays its first full week of road contests, beginning the week at UNCG (March 7) before opening ACC play at Miami on March 10-12. The Wolfpack returns to The Doak on March 14 for a midweek contest against Elon.

The Wolfpack opens its ACC home slate against Virginia on March 16-18. The Pack will also host Louisville (March 31-April 2), Florida State (April 14-16), Clemson (April 21-23) and Pittsburgh (May 18-20) in conference play this season.

In addition to its ACC series at Miami, the Pack will travel to Boston College (March 24-26), Wake Forest (April 7-9), Notre Dame (May 5-7) and North Carolina (May 11-13) for its ACC road slate. NC State will also travel to UNCW (March 21), ECU (April 4) and Davidson (April 18) in midweek nonconference action.

NC State will also host UNCG (March 28), UNCW (April 11), ECU (April 25), NC A&T (May 2) and Richmond (May 9) in midweek nonconference play. The Pack will also welcome The Citadel to Doak Field at Dail Park for a weekend series on April 28-30.

This season's ACC Tournament will be held at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park from May 23-28. The Wolfpack advanced to the ACC Tournament title game this past season in Charlotte at Truist Field.

Game times are listed on the schedule, which is linked here and above. NC State's first three home nonconference series are planned to start at 3 p.m. on Fridays, 2 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 p.m. on Sundays. All of the Pack's home Friday-Sunday conference series are planned to start at 6 p.m. on Fridays, 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 p.m. on Sundays.

https://gopack.com/news/2022/11/16/-pack9-announces-2023-baseball-schedule.aspx

ClePack
Sweet. I love the home and home with ecu
JCooke93
I can finally talk about it
pack2010
Wagner #245, Belmont #63, NJIT #197. (last years RPI)

really, reallly weak again. ECU x2 is nice, Coastal is nice, but overall very weak. hopefully it doesn't bite us like last year
TraCha4
Just win and it won't matter.
GoPack74
pack2010 said:

really, reallly weak again. ECU x2 is nice, Coastal is nice, but overall very weak. hopefully it doesn't bite us like last year
For reference. '22 Schedule featured:

Evansville: #80

Quinnipiac: #257

Northeastern #118.

Also had ECU x2. Coastal was cancelled. So pretty similar. '23 slightly worse maybe

We were hosed obviously. Need to win more than 4 series in conference play apparently, which I think we are more than capable of. If healthy, this group could be one of EA's better teams and can definitely host a regional.
Full season from Sam and the new bats hit and field as advertised, could be looking at a potential top 8.

Pakbackr
I'm looking forward to catching the Coastal Carolina game down there in Feb! I've wanted to see their baseball palace for a long time.
pack2010
GoPack74 said:

pack2010 said:

Northeastern #118.

Also had ECU x2. Coastal was cancelled. So pretty similar. '23 slightly worse maybe

We were hosed obviously. Need to win more than 4 series in conference play apparently, which I think we are more than capable of. If healthy, this group could be one of EA's better teams and can definitely host a regional.
Full season from Sam and the new bats hit and field as advertised, could be looking at a potential top 8.

I understand what you're getting at, but northeastern was a top 35 RPI team going into last year (preseason CAA favorites), they just underachieved. Maybe one of the teams this year overachieves (Evansville did last year) but still disappointing nonetheless
GoPack74
pack2010 said:

GoPack74 said:

pack2010 said:

Northeastern #118.

I understand what you're getting at, but northeastern was a top 35 RPI team going into last year (preseason CAA favorites), they just underachieved. Maybe one of the teams this year overachieves (Evansville did last year) but still disappointing nonetheless
I'm with you. Sure hope so at least, assuming we don't get swept like Northeastern did lol.
JCooke93
Amen to that
ctpack
Just wondering why the weekend conference home series have the Saturday games scheduled for 4:00 instead of 6:00 or 6:30 like previous seasons. Doesn't really matter, but just curious. Any insight?
JCooke93
No clue
Wolfer79
7 weeks from today
JCooke93
Love it
rbaker
JC where is the team practicing? Do you expect us to play the opening game at Doak? Any scoop on how the early pitching looks?
JCooke93
As of right now I think we open up at the Doak depending on if we don't have any set backs because of weather
JCooke93
Practice at the Holly Springs Salamanders on January 9th
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

Practice at the Holly Springs Salamanders on January 9th
I've seen nothing from official the NC State Baseball accounts that the practice is open today. If that's the case, they've done a bad job letting people know.
JCooke93
On ting Park Facebook account but I agree with you they need to do better
rbaker
Any practice updates
JCooke93
Yesterday was just infielders and Outfielders drills and BP
Wolfer79
rbaker said:

Any practice updates

JCooke93
Back at Holly Springs Salamanders Tomorrow at 4pmET
pack8379
Stopped by yesterday only for about 10 min…not sure who but was a lefty crankin shots well over the right field wall…up multiple of picnic area decks on that side
JCooke93
That was probably E.Serrano16
Wolfer79
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.