Safran Family Pledges $1.1 Million to Baseball Enhancement Project

1,285 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bigwuf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NC State graduate and longtime Wolfpack supporter Perry Safran and his wife Susan have pledged $1.1 million to the Baseball Enhancement Plan. This is the seventh major commitment for the project that will impact NC State baseball's competitive future, while also significantly enhancing the game-day experience at Doak Field at Dail Park.

As the grandson of Charles "Chick" Doak, Doak Field at Dail Park is special to the Safrans. They want to ensure that the complex receives the upgrades it needs, yet continues to honor the Doak Family.

"We are so grateful for Perry and Susan's dedication to NC State through the years," said Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan. "This gift will continue to honor the Doak Family legacy while making a meaningful impact on the future of our baseball program."

A Raleigh native, Safran has served as a member of the Peele Giving Society and the Pullen Giving Society. He also is a former president of the NC State Alumni Association and was a 2019 recipient of the Alumni Association's Meritorious Service Award.

In July 2020, Safran was sworn in as a member of the NC State Board of Trustees. He also serves as chair of the University Development Coalition, former vice chair of the North Carolina Turnpike Authority, and is a member of the PNC Arena Centennial Authority.

"Perry and Susan have been personal friends for a long time and NC State and the Wolfpack baseball program hold a special place in their hearts and lives," said head coach Elliott Avent. "Perry was instrumental in my return to this great university and the program that I have always loved and proudly serve. I was so appreciative of his support when I returned to NC State and thankful for his continued passion and investment in our tradition of excellence."

For more information on the Doak Field at Dail Park Stadium Enhancement, visit gopack.com/Pack9Stadium.

https://gopack.com/news/2022/10/31/safran-family-pledges-1-1-million-to-baseball-enhancement-project.aspx
wilmwolf
Nothing warms Wolfer79's heart quite like someone writing the check.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
FlockaWolf
Have we reached the goal originally set for these upgrades?
PackFansXL
wilmwolf80 said:

dmelvin
Has N. C. State received any donations from major league players that played at State ?
Dmelvin
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

evertime a Wolfpacker writes a check, an angel gets its wings
jaxpack
I just got an email from the athletic dept saying we are at 96% of goal. Pretty impressive!
Glasswolf
dmelvin said:

Has N. C. State received any donations from major league players that played at State ?
Yes
JCooke93
Awesome
Bigwuf
Many thanks to the Safran family!! Perry has been a tremendous leader and supporter over the years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.