Russ and Cara McLauchlan Make $1M Donation to Baseball Enhancement Fund

1,095 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The future continues to be bright for fans of #Pack9, as Russ and Cara McLauchlan have committed $1 million to the Baseball Enhancement Fund. This is the fifth major commitment announced for the project that will impact NC State baseball's competitive future, while also significantly enhancing the spectator experience.

"We are so appreciative of the McLauchlan family for their commitment, passion and generosity to NC State University and to our baseball program," said Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan. "This gift will benefit our student-athletes, as well as our fans, for years to come."

The McLauchlan's relationship with NC State Athletics started through his connection and work with Poole College of Management (PCOM). Russ, the executive chairman and founder of Calvert Holdings, and Cara established a Distinguished Professorship and The McLauchlan Leadership Series for PCOM. Their son, Campbell, is a junior at NC State enrolled in PCOM as well.

Their first donation to the Wolfpack Club was through the ImPack Program, where they were matched with fellow Fuquay-Varina resident Sam Highfill, a junior pitcher on Elliott Avent's squad. That connection, combined with Russ' experience as a former collegiate baseball player at MacMurray College and Cara's passion to connect and encourage, led them to make this generous and significant contribution.

"We enjoy our relationship with NCSU and feel we want to help the University, PCOM and student-athletes to further advance the significant impact for each already in action. Sports and academics go together in developing young men and women to be outstanding people in their life careers. Combining our interests of personal leadership development with athletics is our driving desire with this gift."

https://gopack.com/news/2022/8/25/russ-and-cara-mclauchlan-make-1m-donation-to-baseball-enhancement-fund.aspx

For more information on the Doak Field at Dail Park Stadium Enhancement, visit gopack.com/Pack9Stadium.
JCooke93
Awesome
Packsd14me
This is great! Pack 9 is soon going to have a home worthy of their on field exploits.....and a nice place for us fans to come and watch them.
Glasswolf
I must be honest. When I read that on Twitter I thought it said "Russ and Ciara" But great news still the same.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

wilmwolf
They wrote the check!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Bigwuf
Many thanks to the McLauchlans and their generosity!!
JCooke93
They are working on the 1B and Home Plate new seats
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.