2022 MLB draft thread 7/17- 7/19

11,212 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hood goes round 6, #186 overall.

Good for him. Being honest, I didn't see round 6 type stuff, but its obvious scouts are high on him
M_A
Tragic organization for him though, Mariners have to be the worst team in the league at development
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Hood goes round 6, #186 overall.

Good for him. Being honest, I didn't see round 6 type stuff, but its obvious scouts are high on him
Let's see what he signs for...when that number comes out then we'll know.

If it's closer to 75K than 272K, then we know.

I'm super happy to see him get selected this high though. He bet on himself and won, regardless.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
packfan1221
M_A said:

Tragic organization for him though, Mariners have to be the worst team in the league at development

Things are moving way in the right direction there. Rodriguez is one of the best young stars in the game and they have others behind him. You could pretty much say all MLB teams are terrible at development if you are going on prospect hit rate. The Yankees have had 1 first round draft pick in 22 years become an every day player. It's really really hard to make it in MLB. These teams are just banking on 1 maybe 2 of the draft picks to impact their MLB team. International free agency is where its at now.
Borowolf10
So 6th round means he's pretty much gone right?
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

So 6th round means he's pretty much gone right?
Yeah, he's gone.
pack2010
no villaman so far is a little weird to me. IMO if he isn't picked today, we might have a shot at getting him back considering he has more leverage
Glasswolf
Hood is gone
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

no villaman so far is a little weird to me. IMO if he isn't picked today, we might have a shot at getting him back considering he has more leverage
Never mind, he just got picked at the end of round 9. haha
M_A
Cheats just lost a big HS prospect and a transfer back to back
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
pack2010
Villaman round 9 to TB
castlewood107
Final rounds of the draft today, and we are officially on Dom and Soles watch.

Just bringing one of them back would give us an awesome group to choose 3 OFs and 1 DH: Soles/Dom P returnee, Serrano, Gupton, Trice, Nolan, Marcy, Suggs as RH power guy, Nixon as LH matchup guy
JCooke93
I would be surprised if they come back
castlewood107
Ryan Clifford from Pro 5 via Leesville Road just got taken in the 11th. Wonder if he is signable or Vandy bound.
CLTWolf
castlewood107 said:

Ryan Clifford from Pro 5 via Leesville Road just got taken in the 11th. Wonder if he is signable or Vandy bound.
My assumption is that he signs since last year only 5 out of the 30 drafted players didn't sign in the 11th round.
Borowolf10
What round are they at and have anymore of our guys been taken?
pack2010
Borowolf10 said:

What round are they at and have anymore of our guys been taken?

Middle of round 15 and nope
Borowolf10
So if Soles and Dom don't get drafted will they likely come back or do guys tryout as UDFAs?
Ellesdad
Is it a forgone connection conclusion Dom and Soles leave? Seems they could help their stock a lot by coming back.
JCooke93
I don't see them coming back
Glasswolf
Ellesdad said:

Is it a forgone connection conclusion Dom and Soles leave? Seems they could help their stock a lot by coming back.
Verdict is still out on Soles and Dom.
castlewood107
is there a max bonus undrafted guys can sign for -- isnt it like $25K or something?
pack2010
castlewood107 said:

is there a max bonus undrafted guys can sign for -- isnt it like $25K or something?

they changed it this year to unlimited. but anything over i think $125k will count against the teams pool
pack2010
draft over. we made out basically as good as we could have. sounds like decision time for Soles/Pilolli but besides that, we made it out very well.
JCooke93
UDFA watch now
JCooke93
Yup
EthanBarry
Staff
Can't ask for more than that, although not exactly a ringing endorsement of last years team
wilmwolf
That's a weak take bro.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
Go Pack
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

although not exactly a ringing endorsement of last years team
Yeah, I disagree.

Our best pitcher (projected top 5 round kid) was hurt and couldn't continue on with the season. Our two best players in the lineup were not draft eligible (Thomas White and Gino Groover). Considering we returned only 2 position player starters from the year prior and dealt with some injuries, I'm not sure how you can use the 2022 draft as any type of endorsement on anything.
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

EthanBarry said:

although not exactly a ringing endorsement of last years team
Yeah, I disagree.

Our best pitcher (projected top 5 round kid) was hurt and couldn't continue on with the season. Our two best players in the lineup were not draft eligible (Thomas White and Gino Groover). Considering we returned only 2 position player starters from the year prior and dealt with some injuries, I'm not sure how you can use the 2022 draft as any type of endorsement on anything.
Definitely valid
ParrT
I realize he had no leverage as a senior, but how can Devonte Brown go undrafted?
EthanBarry
Staff
ParrT said:

I realize he had no leverage as a senior, but how can Devonte Brown go undrafted?
I agree, baffling
JCooke93
Um
wilmwolf
Devo is a damn fine college baseball player who was hurt by the covid year more than anyone. He was on fire that year, and I'm certain he would've been drafted as a junior if not for the shutdown. As a fifth year senior, I didn't expect him to get picked in this new shortened draft, but I think if he wants to grind it out, he could have a pro career if someone will give him a chance. I'm grateful for his five years running with the Pack, I really enjoyed watching him play.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.