Baseball vs Clemson 4/2-4

8,823 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FourOaksWolf
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EthanBarry said:

Frustrating all the way around. Hopefully Clayton is burnt for the weekend. He's been nasty.

Very concerning that Silver and Justice were nowhere to be seen
Probably hoping to use those guys if we have a lead late. With the way the Clemson guy was pitching I doubt we were very confident we would end up pulling it out (was 1st and 3rd with nobody out when Reid left). It is what it is
DanielWilsonIPS
wolfpack1437 said:

I wonder why Sunday starter is TBA? You would think Willadsen has eared that role unless they plan to use him as a long relief guy

He almost certainly will be. The concern is that he's on a relatively short rest (6 days instead of 7) after a triple-digit pitch count versus North Carolina. He's probably going to get an abbreviated outing with (likely) Justice hurling the rest of the way.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
DanielWilsonIPS
SportManagementEngineer said:

Ha, Avent really doesn't want to go to his bullpen

He had LHP Tristan Sipple warming up in the top of the seventh. I would have rather seen him with a fresh start in the eighth (with Brewer eight batters away) rather than Feeney with two on and nobody out.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

Frustrating all the way around. Hopefully Clayton is burnt for the weekend. He's been nasty.

I guess Cotter and Pace are done too. Never saw anyone confirm this.

Just frustrating to build momentum over 5 games and in this one and lose it on 1 swing. Oh well. Alot of games left
Wolfer79
After @NCStateBaseball went up 6-2 using a 3-run 1st inning and a 2-run 4th inning, Clemson's game-tying grand slam killed its momentum.

Reid Johnston's 7+ innings were enough to win, but the bullpen couldn't stop the bleeding in the 8th.
@sam_aov
https://t.co/M3QxDI9TPg
Wolfer79
Clemson at North Carolina State ACC Network, 7 p.m.
EthanBarry
Staff
wolfpack1437 said:

EthanBarry said:

Probably hoping to use those guys if we have a lead late. With the way the Clemson guy was pitching I doubt we were very confident we would end up pulling it out (was 1st and 3rd with nobody out when Reid left). It is what it is

It's a tie game in the 8th. You have to use your best reliever available in that situation
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

I guess Cotter and Pace are done too. Never saw anyone confirm this.

Just frustrating to build momentum over 5 games and in this one and lose it on 1 swing. Oh well. Alot of games left

I think Justin said Pace is done for the year. Not sure about Cotter. Considering he's thrown once this year not gonna expect to see any high leverage innings
JCooke93
Might be awhile before we see Nelson Cotter and Silver again unfortunately
JCooke93
Also should have let king finish that batter last night yes it was 2 and 0 the count but you need to see if he could get him out or not and if he walk him then you could have taken him out
JCooke93
All I know is that Avent and Chrysler need to trust the Fr a little bit more on the mound
wolfpack1437
EthanBarry said:

wolfpack1437 said:

EthanBarry said:

It's a tie game in the 8th. You have to use your best reliever available in that situation
But you can't really look at it as a tie game with no outs and a guy on 3rd unless you have an absolute stud in the pen.....which we don't even remotely have. You have to be realistic about that run scoring
SportManagementEngineer
wolfpack1437 said:

EthanBarry said:

wolfpack1437 said:

EthanBarry said:

But you can't really look at it as a tie game with no outs and a guy on 3rd unless you have an absolute stud in the pen.....which we don't even remotely have. You have to be realistic about that run scoring
Don't run your starter out there to start an inning over 100 pitches and already 6 runs given up.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wolfpack1437
JCooke93 said:

Might be awhile before we see Nelson Cotter and Silver again unfortunately

Didn't Cotter pitch recently? What's up with Silver?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Campbell was his last outing
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
If you don't want to listen to the commentators,I again recommend the radio stream, just to hear Hahn struggle with their center fielder's name. It's worth the price of admission.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
Wow. That's 2 replays going back to the CHeat series that I have no idea how we won
wilmwolf
Yeah, I'll take it, but it wasn't the right call. Maybe the monitor isn't HD, lol.
wolfpack1437
Really need one of the freshman like Eisert to step up.
wilmwolf
Of course ACCN runs a Roy Williams promo during our game, and finds some rube that's at the game wearing a Tarholes sweatshirt
EthanBarry
Staff
Of course three guys who have done nothing all year are winning this series for Clemson
wilmwolf
Man. That one guy has killed us all weekend. Not doing jack coming into the series and has three homers and 8 RBI so far.
wolfpack1437
wilmwolf
Dude is wearing us out with one freaking pitch.
rmcwpups
If we get someone on base, it's almost a guaranteed strikeout coming next
pack4life11
EthanBarry said:

Of course three guys who have done nothing all year are winning this series for Clemson

Feel like that should say a lot more about our team than it does Clemson
EthanBarry
Staff
pack4life11 said:

EthanBarry said:

Feel like that should say a lot more about our team than it does Clemson
Why?
SportManagementEngineer
Two straight nights leaving the starter in too long. I know the bullpen is not good and shorthanded, but you're not doing your starter any good leaving him in there.
EthanBarry
Staff
SportManagementEngineer said:

Two straight nights leaving the starter in too long. I know the bullpen is not good and shorthanded, but you're not doing your starter any good leaving him in there.
Agree
SportManagementEngineer
Well maybe we avoid the sweep tomorrow. Or maybe its a lost season. Felt good beating the cheats 3 times last week, so at least we've got that.
wilmwolf
I mean, you saw last weekend right? At this point, I really don't blame them for rolling with the starters. What have you seen from the available guys in the pen the gives you warm and fuzzies about going to them?
SportManagementEngineer
wilmwolf80 said:

I mean, you saw last weekend right? At this point, I really don't blame them for rolling with the starters. What have you seen from the available guys in the pen the gives you warm and fuzzies about going to them?
Hey I said that I know the bullpen isn't good, but at the very least, Avent should be looking out for the health of his starter. No reason a pitcher should throw 110+ pitches- especially last night when he had given up 6 runs already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.