Baseball 3/6-8 @ Virginia

18,433 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
kmb717
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Needed this one. Let's take the series tomorrow.
mikemattocks
Great win by "The Pack"!!!
Wolfer79
Series EVENED.

A one-out single to right center puts a Virginia runner on, but Jarrett starts the 4-6-3 double play to seal the win! https://t.co/k8eXlqb3IW
Pack31
wilmwolf80 said:

Nice win Pack!

Yes it was! Like where we are with Harrison going tom. I'm in GSO. Hope the ladies hold on. Can head to the championship and home to watch the Pack 9 on Tv
tau06
Great bounce back win today, big hits when we needed them by our leaders and pictching was pretty darn good. UVA is a really solid squad from what I've seen the last two days.

Also, why no posts from the negative nacies today? Where did they run off to? So crazy how that happens every time....
mikemattocks
Will Sunday's game be shown on the ACC Network?
nakinawolf
mikemattocks said:

Will Sunday's game be shown on the ACC Network?
I believe I saw where it was scheduled to be on ACCN. Btw, its still really early in the season, and the freshmen (aka Noah) will get their opportunities to shine but there is a lot more to consider than just early season stat lines when making changes to the starting lineup, as I'm sure you know. Super excited about this teams potential!
mikemattocks
Your right about it being early in the season and the freshmen on the team. I know when you are a freshmen you pretty much have to be patient and wait your turn. One thing I really like about our team this year is the options that we have as far as fielding and at the plate. I'm pretty sure that is every coaches dream to have that much talent on one team. The pitching staff hit a bump in the road yesterday but has been pretty much stellar up until this point. Just need to keep working hard, stay focused and get ready for Sunday! Go Pack!!!
Wolfer79
Pack87
I definitely was not pulling for a loss but if we can win the series getting a loss and bouncing back will help long term. I thought we rose too high and had a bigger setback after our first loss last year. Unless it is a sport where it is realistic to go undefeated, learning to bounce back is as Important as anything.
Pack31
Pack87 said:

I definitely was not pulling for a loss but if we can win the series getting a loss and bouncing back will help long term. I thought we rose too high and had a bigger setback after our first loss last year. Unless it is a sport where it is realistic to go undefeated, learning to bounce back is as Important as anything.

We lost game 1 to UVA last year too then won the series. Agree, bouncing back from adversity will make us better. Plus we have 2 very winnable mid weeks games this week. Spring break so they can focus on only baseball.
Bigwuf
Come on, Pack!
CLTWolf
Pack87 said:

We were fine after loss 1 last year (Sunday FSU game) and didn't see any real slip up until the Louisville series and some injuries hit us around that same time.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
They were really squaring Harrison up. Hate going to the pen this early, but still lots of game left.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wilmwolf
I'm all for guys having fun, it's a game after all. But teams that have extreme dugout antics like UVA really bug me. Of course, if you beat them it doesn't matter.
Wolfer79
6-2 Virginia

middle of 3
wilmwolf
Butler having a hard time in left today.
Wolfer79
B4 | After a single through the right side brings another run in, McDonough catches a fly ball in center field then throws to Bailey at home for the inning-ending double play.

Due up: Jarrett, Torres, Murr

#Pack9 2, UVa 7
SportManagementEngineer
Man, we've left the bases loaded a bunch this weekend.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
Ump must have a plane to catch, that zone keeps getting more generous.
tau06
SportManagementEngineer said:

Man, we've left the bases loaded a bunch this weekend.
Was coming to post the same thing. UVA has had a ton of timely hits today and the Pack just can't seem to pick them up. unless something changes quick, just doesn't look like our week. I'll reiterate again, UVA looks really good.
Wolfer79
T7 | Three up three down for the Pack in the seventh.

#Pack9 3, UVa 7
pack4life11
35 runners left on base in 26 innings played so far this weekend...situational hitting
Pack31
Barring a 9th inning miracle, just not our weekend. Pitching, less Swiney, was suspect. Klyman had a decent outing too. We couldnt capitalize on mistakes/walks and get the key hits when we needed them. Oh well, win the 2 mid weeks and get right at home next weekend.
wilmwolf
One thing we don't have on our team is one of these twitchy, neurotic, funky motion closer types. Need one of those.
wilmwolf
Rough weekend in the field. More worried about that than the hitting slump and stranding runners.
JCooke93
I know what EA Should Do With The Weekend Rotation and the Starting lineup but he will not do it
Wolfer79
Virginia wins 10-3
Trickynic1
JC give us your suggestion.
When will Camron Couter return
JCooke93
Trickynic1 said:

JC give us your suggestion.
When will Camron Couter return
last I heard middle of April
JCooke93
Also I don't want anyone to get upset with me
EthanBarry
Staff
Tough weekend but these are the weekends that have happened in late April and sent us into a tailspin the last couple years. Better to get it out of the way and see where you need to improve now instead of having the offense cover up every shortcoming until the end of the year
Pack31
JCooke93 said:

Also I don't want anyone to get upset with me

I'd like to see your rotation suggestion as well.
mikemattocks
It was a tough weekend and I will just leave it at that. We just need to keep working hard, stay focused and get these two mid week games before the weekend. I started watching the game yesterday and after a few innings I knew the pitching wasn't there. The one glaring thing that stands out is that we left a ton of runners on base this weekend. You have to be able to move runners over and get key hits when you have runners in scoring position. It is still early in the season and we have a lot of ball to play. Go Pack!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.