Baseball 3/6-8 @ Virginia

18,243 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pack31 said:

JCooke93 said:

Also I don't want anyone to get upset with me

I'd like to see your rotation suggestion as well.

If it was me Here is my opinion on the Starting Rotation
Fri D.Feeney
Sat N.Swiney46 to keep his normal day of rest
Sun R.Johnston29 to Get extra day of rest to try to get him back healthy
Tue A.Pace25
Wed M.Willadsen23
Keep D.Harrison10 in the Bullpen For Right Now
JCooke93
And Have S.Highfill17 And C.Villaman16 as the First 2 out of the Bullpen if any of those SP Struggle
JCooke93
And Have Klyman44 out of the Bullpen First if Feeney Struggles
JCooke93
And Have Nelson Tillery and Bender in the Backend of the Bullpen
Glasswolf
Villiman need to be in somewhere same with soles
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
Feeny , swinney and Johnston need to be your core 3
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
Glasswolf said:

I agree 100% with You on that but Villaman needs to get healthy And Soles does need to be in the Starting lineup
EthanBarry
Staff
I'd be shocked if feeney is an option to start. I think you have to stick with Harrison and Johnston right now. We know what Reid can do and Harrison has been very good for over a year now. He had one bad inning. Got to find a role for villaman though
Wolfer79
mikemattocks
I have been saying all season that Noah Soles needs to be in the starting lineup. It is good to see that I'm not the only one that notices that. When you are barely eclipsing the .200 mark as far as hitting goes, you shouldn't be starting. Just my opinion.
Pack31
JCooke93 said:

Glasswolf said:

I agree 100% with You on that but Villaman needs to get healthy And Soles does need to be in the Starting lineup

Why isnt he playing Soles more? Like the pitching ideas. I'm with Avent though on Harrison. Thought he had turned the corner with a couple long outings.
Pack31
Especially in college baseball. .250 or below is below avg. I'm with you on Soles. What will it hurt?
JCooke93
Pack31 said:

JCooke93 said:

Glasswolf said:

Why isnt he playing Soles more? Like the pitching ideas. I'm with Avent though on Harrison. Thought he had turned the corner with a couple long outings.
I agree about Harrison
JCooke93
mikemattocks said:

I have been saying all season that Noah Soles needs to be in the starting lineup. It is good to see that I'm not the only one that notices that. When you are barely eclipsing the .200 mark as far as hitting goes, you shouldn't be starting. Just my opinion.
I agree 100% with you on that
pack2010
Feeney has been average at best this year. Only 2 Ks in 6 innings and teams are hitting .364 against him. I know he has a decent ERA but I don't trust him in the game right now. Really thought he'd take another step forward this year but it hasn't happened. Need a couple of guys to figure it out pretty quickly on the mound
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

Feeney has been average at best this year. Only 2 Ks in 6 innings and teams are hitting .364 against him. I know he has a decent ERA but I don't trust him in the game right now. Really thought he'd take another step forward this year but it hasn't happened. Need a couple of guys to figure it out pretty quickly on the mound

Right. And he hasn't been stretched out in like three years
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

Right. And he hasn't been stretched out in like three years

Still think Harrison can be a quality Sunday guy. Strike thrower with solid stuff. I feel like he threw almost too many strikes vs UVA. Seems like they were very aggressive early in the count and it worked for them.
pack2010
Anyone know why guys like Ferguson and Cao haven't pitched yet? And Neese for that matter. Pretty sure all pitched in the fall/spring and obviously made the roster. I know there are only so many innings to go around but UVA has thrown 18!! guys this year. And we've definitely have opportunities to let them throw and see what they got. Just don't know if it's health or what
EthanBarry
Staff
I agree. He was good all year last year and good against UNCW and Minnesota so far this year. Can't yank him out after one bad start
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

Anyone know why guys like Ferguson and Cao haven't pitched yet? And Neese for that matter. Pretty sure all pitched in the fall/spring and obviously made the roster. I know there are only so many innings to go around but UVA has thrown 18!! guys this year. And we've definitely have opportunities to let them throw and see what they got. Just don't know if it's health or what
I am surprised that they have not pitch Ferguson and and Neese yet but they maybe red Shirting Cao

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.