Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

237,116 Views | 1298 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by JCooke93
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

65Pack said:

They need to be on the phone right now because we need lots of help in the portal. We need a leadoff man something bad and have to replace our three strongest hitters that carried our weak bats all year. Three starting pitchers are a must as well.

Blah blah blah blah
Are you Avent's wife? Why that response to a reasonable comment? We do need a lot of help, but like I said above we also have a lot to sell. No need to stick your head in the sand about our needs.

You want me to embarrass you again toots?

You obviously have no idea about that poster and his "reasonable" posts. lol

Here's how to know we lost. You're posting.

Go away.
That's issue with someone like 65. We rarely see them until we lose. When we are winning? Crickets. Then the negativity goes rampant.
packman34
So excluding seniors, who are we for sure losing, are 50/50 on returning, and are expected to be back?
Jtilley
packman34 said:

So excluding seniors, who are we for sure losing, are 50/50 on returning, and are expected to be back?
Cozart, Butterworth, Eli and Dom are all draft eligible.

Dom will be interesting IMO because his stock has fell a ton this year.

metcalfmafia
Would really love to see Butterworth back but very much reminds me of Harrison.
carterpack
Jtilley said:

packman34 said:

Spot on Cozart is for sure gone, Eli more than likely (at least according to his brother), Butters stock has jumped over the last few weeks. Hopefully, he will come back, and I 100% agree that Dom needs to come back and show his ability to improve and go back to that Dawg status he had last season.
CLTWolf
carterpack said:

Jtilley said:

packman34 said:

Spot on Cozart is for sure gone, Eli more than likely (at least according to his brother), Butters stock has jumped over the last few weeks. Hopefully, he will come back, and I 100% agree that Dom needs to come back and show his ability to improve and go back to that Dawg status he had last season.
Eli is 100% a projection pick, IMO, and b/c of his size and raw natural ability someone will pick him early. Coming back for another year wouldn't be the worst thing for him and would probably make him more money but I don't blame him for wanting to get started as a pro sooner rather than later.

Dom needs to come back but if someone takes a flyer on him in the first 10 rounds, he better take that money and run while he can. If he comes back he needs to pay Willy, Sam and Logan to teach him how to throw a nasty changeup.

If someone takes Butters in the 19th or 20th round he needs to go and I'd be proud of him for it.
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

carterpack said:

Jtilley said:

packman34 said:

Eli is 100% a projection pick, IMO, and b/c of his size and raw natural ability someone will pick him early. Coming back for another year wouldn't be the worst thing for him and would probably make him more money but I don't blame him for wanting to get started as a pro sooner rather than later.

Dom needs to come back but if someone takes a flyer on him in the first 10 rounds, he better take that money and run while he can. If he comes back he needs to pay Willy, Sam and Logan to teach him how to throw a nasty changeup.

If someone takes Butters in the 19th or 20th round he needs to go and I'd be proud of him for it.
Butters is interesting to me because he looks like a 2nd baseman but has handled short well this year. I don't think he hits enough to stay at 2nd but he doesn't have to at short.
FLWolf
I hope Butters stays
JCooke93
Tyler Zedalis is a South Carolina Gamecock that I am keeping a eye on in the portal and he is a 1B
CLTWolf
New BoRob follow

ECU DH/1B Cam Clonch from Mooresville, NC
6'4 195
off/on starter most of his ECU career.

https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster/cam-clonch/12877
JCooke93
Hello lol
JCooke93
Uncg portal Pitcher Julien Peissel is a new target
JCooke93
LFG we got him
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

LFG we got him
kbdavis33
What do we know about him?
CLTWolf
CLTWolf said:

I forgot to add this one last night...

https://uncgspartans.com/sports/baseball/roster/julien-peissel/5265

Julien Peissel RHP UNCG

From Hickory, NC, went to St Stephens HS. Probably played a year or two with current Wolfpack FR Peyton Young.

Started against and beat Wake early in the year. Beat us too.
Englishwolf44
6'1" RHP who will be a Jr next year. 5.06 ERA, 74 innings pitched, and a .253 batting average against this year. SoCon coaches and media all-conference second team this year.
pack2010

Good metics on his stuff. Let's see if he can take another jump next year.
SportManagementEngineer
https://uncgspartans.com/sports/baseball/roster/julien-peissel/5265

Seems like a good addition. Had a 2:1 K to BB rate (64 Ks, 32 BBs)

Started against Wake, held them to 1 run on 2 hits. Pitched 5 innings
Started against us, gave up 3 runs on 2 hits (but 5 walks). Pitched 4.2 innings
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
pack2010
IMO depending on what the staff wants to do with our current guys, he slides right into the midweek role. Now if Dudan stays in the pen, maybe he can be in the Sunday spot. "Worst" case, he is a reliever that can give decent length.

All of this will vary depending on who else we bring in and who leaves. But seems like he would have some versatility
SportManagementEngineer
Would love to have Dudan and Smith back to anchor the bullpen.

I assume Dudan/Consiglio are bullpen guys who will get looks at starting roles? Having a guy like Smith back to be one of the best closers in the country will be a big deal.
Glasswolf
I've mentioned this a few times.

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

CLTWolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

I assume Dudan/Consiglio are bullpen guys who will get looks at starting roles? Having a guy like Smith back to be one of the best closers in the country will be a big deal.
Coop started 5 games this season so he could easily move into a Sunday role, IMO. He could also make a jump and be a FRI or SAT guy too. Wouldn't surprise me.

I can see Dudan getting the Evan Justice treatment and given a shot to start. Hopefully he's more Nick Swiney as a starter than what we saw from Evan. Jacob MUST put on some weight and get thicker.

Peissel could be a midweek starter just as easily as he could be a Sunday guy for us.

SportManagementEngineer
CLTWolf said:

Coop started 5 games this season so he could easily move into a Sunday role, IMO. He could also make a jump and be a FRI or SAT guy too. Wouldn't surprise me.

I can see Dudan getting the Evan Justice treatment and given a shot to start. Hopefully he's more Nick Swiney as a starter than what we saw from Evan. Jacob MUST put on some weight and get thicker.

Peissel could be a midweek starter just as easily as he could be a Sunday guy for us.

Appreciate the insight. Losing SVD really hurts. Feel like he would have been a weekend guy for us next season.

Excited to see who Hart/Avent add to round out the roster.
JCooke93
I am so ready
Glasswolf
Hart/Avent and the rest of the staff have not missed a beat recruiting wise by being in Omaha. Just being there is going to pay off.

StateFan2001
Glasswolf said:

Hart/Robinson and the rest of the staff have not missed a beat recruiting wise by being in Omaha. Just being there is going to pay off.
corrected
LegacyPack4
So am I correct in reading Van Damme will not be available to pitch next season?
Glasswolf
LegacyPack4 said:

So am I correct in reading Van Damme will not be available to pitch next season?
I would not count on him pitching.

CLTWolf
LegacyPack4 said:

Will probably be tough due to the timing but it also depends on the severity of the injury/surgery performed.

Prolly best he take a RS year but I've been wrong before.
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

LegacyPack4 said:

Will probably be tough due to the timing but it also depends on the severity of the injury/surgery performed.

Prolly best he take a RS year but I've been wrong before.
Surgery has changed so much over the years but you are correct that it really depends on the severity of the injury and the scope of the surgery.

JCooke93
Dillon Lewis Queens new portal target
JCooke93
Other new portal target Sean Swenson
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Dillon Lewis Queens new portal target
https://queensathletics.com/sports/baseball/roster/dillon-lewis/10830

Charlotte kid, went to Ardrey Kell HS in South Charlotte. 6'3 205. Big boy with some speed it seems. I live 5 mins from Queens U and never went to any of their games. haha

20/20 guy this year (20 HRs 20 SBs). Looks like only he and Vance Honeycutt are in that group this year.

Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Marohn and Coop make the most sense to take a weekend starting role IMO.

I can see giving Dudan a look as a starter to see if he can maintain his fastball/slider depth for longer amounts. His stuff just plays up so much more in the pen right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.