FROM JAMES: Why Inside Pack Sports?

10,536 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by steveAKAslick
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Friends,
I'm glad you have taken the time to come over and check out my new website, Inside Pack Sports. Really, it means a lot. Last Sunday I announced on the Scout network that it would be my last day, and while it seemed abrupt, it wasn't.

I've been thinking about it for a few months, once this amazing opportunity presented itself, and everything seemed to point me towards making the move to F5 Sports and starting up Inside Pack Sports.

Before I get into why, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed my time at the other website. I started with those guys in 2002 before we even moved to Scout and literally built it from the ground up. There are no hard feelings (at least on my end) with any of them, and there certainly isn't with Steve Williams. We will continue to remain great friends, that's my guy.

This move was about doing what I felt was best for my long-term future and those who have followed my work over the years. It's my job to not only provide for my family but professionally to put those who value my work in the best possible situation. I believe that is right here at Inside Pack Sports.

I had discussions about remaining on the previous network, but I didn't like where I believed that network was headed in terms of content. I'm a big believer in the premium model. You pay to read my work and the observations of myself and our staff. You don't pay to read content created to generate ad revenue, which is what I felt I'd be asked to do going forward.

In this business, sites will have ads. We'll have ads here, but we won't be creating stories just to get ad clicks, and that's where I believe Scout/247 is headed. I could be wrong, but I didn't want to take the chance because I don't ever want to do that kind of work again.

Here I can get back to what I feel is important and that is providing our subscribers with quality premium content. My loyalty is to you, not a network or even a specific website. If that means leaving what I played a major role in building to start something fresh and new, that's what I will do.

That's why I'm here, and thrilled to be doing a NC State website with just NC State content produced by writers focused specifically on covering NC State.

Mission Statement
You can read our Mission Statement here. It goes in-depth on our focus and what are going to strive to do at Inside Pack Sports.

If you have any questions, there will be a thread for questions regarding the Mission Statement here.

IPS Goals
Ultimately, we want to give you a unique experience as a subscriber. We want to provide you with as much premium content as we possibly can. We don't want you to ask yourself, why should I subscribe to Inside Pack Sports?

The better question should be why wouldn't I subscribe?

You're going to get in-depth information, quality features, insider analysis, and on a platform that is sleek, clean, and extremely easy to navigate. Our desktop and mobile versions flow well and again, I feel it's more about the user-experience here than anything else.

We have threads up on all the major forums with critical information on how to use the forums. Here is a link to the thread posted on the free forum. It is full of GREAT info that should ease your transition to these forums.

We have a tech forum where if you're having issues and/or suggestions for changes moving forward, please post them there.

We also plan to build a unique community that will bridge fans, students, and former NC State athletes. I've built connections over the years that can help lead to this community being the best Wolfpack community on
the Internet.

Finally, there WILL be chat. Because this network is publisher-friendly, they are working with me on implementing the software capable of supporting a Chat. Our plan is for that to be in place by the first game, hopefully sooner!

Parting Shots
This decision wasn't an easy one for me, but I know it was the right one, and I haven't looked back. After 15 years, I'm reinvigorated and motivated. I view Inside Pack Sports as the underdog because we are starting from the bottom, and I know it's not going to be easy. I also know that being a NC State alum and producing content for NC State fans, you guys can certainly relate to the underdog role.

I embrace the challenge ahead and will work as hard as I can to make sure your subscription will be well worth the price you pay.

If you have any questions for me on my decision to start up IPS, post them in the thread and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time, and I can't wait to experience Inside Pack Sports with you!

Get Inside!
RunsWithWolves26
James,

When you mentioned this to me, I was all in. You had a great idea and a plan to go with it. I'm glad that you decided to do this and take the chance to all the new people showing up, enjoy the best content anywhere for all things NC State! #GetInside
ecbwolf
Should be some exciting times ahead. Good luck James!
Glasswolf
From the day you called me to gauge my interest and thought I wanted to #Getinside. Really glad to be a part of this on the ground floor and you have my promise to help make this the best site for premium NC State Athletics. Here's to another 15 yrs
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JJPack
Been with the other site for over a decade. Looking forward to the content that you will be offering on this site!
PackHouse
Sounds great!
wncpackfan
James,

I was a part of PackPride going all the way back to the Sendek era of Wolfpack Basketball. Enjoyed it but as you stated you could see that site over time going in a different direction.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your new venture... Go Pack!!!
WarrenPeace
Glad to be a part of the new site. Good luck James!
James Henderson
Staff
Thanks fellas I really appreciate it!
JacksonWilliford
Very much looking forward to seeing this thing grow and improve every day. Let's get it!!!
Metalwolf
Great to be here, James. Stoked for the new venture. Good times ahead!
24pack
Happy to be here
DJncsu13
Looks good James. Been with you for a long time, no reason not to follow now!
Wolfpacklife
Looks great James. Looking forward to some great info!
ncsupack1
Happy to be here and see what happens
redsteel33
Looking forward to it - great first impression.....now, if you can help me cancel my other subscription, lol....
Glasswolf
redsteel33 said:

Looking forward to it - great first impression.....now, if you can help me cancel my other subscription, lol....
Took me 13 minutes on the phone. Keep the faith
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Jacksonvillewolf
Glad to see it and excited to be here!!!
Real Estate Brant
Excited to be a part of this James. As long as you are publishing I am subscribing!
James Henderson
Staff
Again, thank you all, it means a lot!
johnpack
JohnPack checking in... glad to be here! This's the first time in three years that I've logged onto any forum. It wasn't that I stopped caring about NCSU... it felt like the other sites model and interface wore on me. Consumers like 'new news' and way of getting it; I think this will be an excellent site.
Geronimo
Glad to be a part of this venture. Cheers!
Clarksa
Forums are pretty slick so far...and I've only looked at them on the iPhone. Great job so far and good luck!
RunsWithWolves26
johnpack said:

JohnPack checking in... glad to be here! This's the first time in three years that I've logged onto any forum. It wasn't that I stopped caring about NCSU... it felt like the other sites model and interface wore on me. Consumers like 'new news' and way of getting it; I think this will be an excellent site.

We expect you to be a premium member because we need you over there!
johnpack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

johnpack said:

I'm going to be!
RunsWithWolves26
johnpack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

johnpack said:

I'm going to be!

Awesome news!
Water Boy
Bold. Sincerely slow clap . . .
98st8
Alright James.. I'm here! Excited about your new site. Looks fantastic! Much easier on the eyes than the new 247

Will you incorporate avatars?
98st8
My only recommendation will be to change the name of your "Water Cooler" to "The Talley"

Back in our day at State the place that students congregated were in the Brickyard so I get that name for PP. For current students its absolutely the updated Talley Center
Hillsboroughstpunk
Pleasant surprise coming here and discovering this site is your baby James! I'm smelling success already!

Different moniker here for me though, I went with my Original poster name from when I first joined PP, which was lost to me from one of the server upgrades or something to that effect years ago.

Otherwise,

Heckofawaytorun suiting up to play!

LET'S GO PACK!
Asandras
Im in and ready to see the new experience. My only hope is IPS James loses the bad press conference juju from the Pp days
James Henderson
Staff
98st8 said:

My only recommendation will be to change the name of your "Water Cooler" to "The Talley"

Back in our day at State the place that students congregated were in the Brickyard so I get that name for PP. For current students its absolutely the updated Talley Center
I like that suggestion.
RolandStone
I like the layout much better than the other site. Also, THANK YOU for using the school color "Wolfpack Red" (RGB 204, 0, 0) for the board layout! Much better than neon red. Little **** like this matters a lot to me and it should to anyone that's a Wolfpack fan or supporter.
NITStan
HELLO in Stan's country is said, starting a new business is the American Way. As is fescue. So it goes, observes this immigrant. Long days and pleasant nights, may it do ya fine. Best of success, muses Stan.
"In my country is said..."
Civilized
Best of luck on this James. Your new approach feels decidedly consumer-focused and -driven. If you can continue to listen to your clients and feel to us like a really well-done local pub instead of the bar at Applebee's you guys will hit a home run.

In.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.