Wolfpack 2024 Olympians

3,207 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shnaider/Andreeva win 6-1, 6-2 in semifinal and will play for gold medal Sunday
FinsUp
With Shrader guaranteed a medal, that means NC State will have 3 medals.

Hypothetically, IF NC State were a country, we'd be tied for 22nd
Wolfer79
The gold medal match will be played on August 4th on Court Philippe-Chatrier following the conclusion of the bronze medal match beginning at 6 a.m. EST. Shnaider and Andreeva will take on Sara Errani and Jasmine Paolini of Italy.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/8/2/womens-tennis-diana-shnaider-advances-to-the-gold-medal-match-in-womens-doubles
Wolfer79
* Bartosz Piszczorowicz & Poland advance to 4x100 freestyle relay finals with 3:33.07. Piszczorowicz 48.42 anchor leg split
* Nyls Korstanje swims 50.59 in 100m butterfly finals for Netherlands
* Kaii Winkler recorded 52.64 in his 100m butterfly heat for Germany

* Andreas Vazaios & Greece record 7:09.2 in their 4x200 Freestyle Relay. Competing in his 4th Olympics, Vazaios 1:47.23 in his anchor leg split
* David Betleham swims 14:45.59 in his 1500 freestyle heat to advance to Sunday 12:38 finals

https://x.com/PAYSCUE/status/1819702196029587863?t=uPN4OEx3CLJETSkycHUavQ&s=19
Wolfer79
Wolfpack star and Olympic Bronze medalist Katharine Berkoff & Team USA 4X100 Medley swim 3:56.4 to advance to Sunday 1:30PM finals. Berkoff 58.98 in her 100m backstroke split
* Sophie Hansson 56.62 in her breaststroke split for Sweden who post 3:57.33 to advance to Finals

Wolfer79
Diana Shnaider's @PackWTennis @PackAthletics Gold Medal match will be the 3rd match on Court Philippe Chatrier starting approx 10am - 11am ET, following the Women's Doubles Bronze Medal match, & the Men's Singles Final Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Shnaider/Andreeva win set 1
6-2
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Shnaider/Andreeva win set 1
6-2

Lose set 2
1-6
Wolfer79
Shnaider/Andreeva lose 6-2, 1-6 (7-10)
Will receive Silver medal
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
Women's 4 X 100 medley relay wins gold and sets a world record. Katherine Berkoff did not swim in the final, but since she was in the preliminaries yesterday, then I believe she will also get a gold medal. Well done again Katherine!!!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

I was reading the story when you posted this and beat me to the punch.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
113Chamberlain
DrummerboyWolf said:

Women's 4 X 100 medley relay wins gold and sets a world record. Katherine Berkoff did not swim in the final, but since she was in the preliminaries yesterday, then I believe she will also get a gold medal. Well done again Katherine!!!!
Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain how the relays work with substitutions? I know Ryan Held swam in an earlier round too but not in the final.
Do they have an A team/B Team scenario where they pick who swims in each heat? Or was it based on their performance that they were replaced with an alternate type thing?

I just always assumed the same 4 would go every round, but I'm honestly not well versed in swimming competitions in general
Wolfer79
113Chamberlain said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain how the relays work with substitutions? I know Ryan Held swam in an earlier round too but not in the final.
Do they have an A team/B Team scenario where they pick who swims in each heat? Or was it based on their performance that they were replaced with an alternate type thing?

I just always assumed the same 4 would go every round, but I'm honestly not well versed in swimming competitions in general

Each country (team) can race whoever they want in the heat (prelims/semis). Countries with a lot of depth will usually race their slower swimmers in the heats because they're good enough to get through to the finals and they want to allow their faster swimmers to focus on individual events.

In the finals, they'll bring out the big guns but both the finals swimmers and heat swimmers will get a medal for their contribution to the medal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Swimming/comments/1ejp0jn/what_exactly_are_heat_swimmers_for_medley/

Since Berkoff had second best US time in her event, she swam in the heat and the faster swimmer swam in finals
Wolfer79
Former NC State sprinter McKenzie Long is in the women's 200-meter Olympic final this afternoon at 3:40 p.m. ET.

Long, who left NC State with the program record in the event, is looking to medal in her Olympic debut.

Wolfer79
New Pack on the block Betti Fabian finishes in fifth place in the women's 10km at the Paris Olympics, swimming a 2:04:16.9!

Wolfer79
FinsUp
4 NC State Swimming Medals - we'd be 8th if we were a country

5 total for the Olympics - puts us at 33

Wolfer79
From NC State to the Olympic podium!

Congratulations to all our student-athletes and alumni who competed in the 2024 Paris Olympics and those who brought a medal back to their home country!

Ryan Held - 4X100 Freestyle Relay
Katharine Berkoff - 100m Backstroke, 4x100m Medley Relay
[IND] Diana Shnaider - Women's Doubles
David Betlehem - Men's 10km

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.