Story Poster
Photo by Steve Murphy/Inside Pack Sports
NC State Baseball

IPS IN 5: Big Win For Wolfpack In Opener At FSU

May 4, 2024

IPS In 5 is now sponsored by Murphy Insurance.  Call Murphy Insurance for all your business insurance needs.  Insurance is only as good as your agent.   Let it be Murph!  Contact us today at 910.693.3422 or online at www.themurphyinsuranceagency.com.

NC State was able to hang on and knock off Florida State in the series opener, putting the Pack in a position to clinch the series tonight.

NOTE: There are four ways you can access the content.

• By clicking the video player above to watch a streaming video with our comments.

• You can also click the link below to listen.  To download the file, right click and save the link below as a .mp3 file to listen later.

IPS IN 5: Big Win For Wolfpack In Opener At FSU (6:33)

• By clicking the music player below.
Discussion from...

IPS IN 5: Big Win For Wolfpack In Opener At FSU

1,736 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by VernaStanton
WhitsettWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok I'll bite. It's definitely political. With due respect to you, no student loans are forgiven. Your loan burden is transferred to the tax payers. No one should be responsible for anyone's loan except the person who signed for it. Folks that take loans should pay them back or not sign for them. The United States Supreme Court says the same. Biden is doing this (illegally) to buy votes. It's unfair, disgusting, & infuriating to those that chose not to have loans for school, or have already paid them back. Now we are on tge hook ...again for others debts.

Go Pack!
Good win at fsu!!
Gost8
Us taxpayers did it.
Nairo
Gen X gets hosed again. My wife and I paid every dollar of our ~$50,000 principal in student loans plus interest. Took us 20 years. Like borrowing money from a shylark. Where is our give back?
RDUwolfpack
Biden's program hasn't went into effect yet so this can't be the forgiveness y'all are discussing above.

There are several other preexisting loan forgiveness programs such as an education bill that says if you make 120 payments, then the government will forgive your loans. That's because by 120 payments you've already paid triple back in interest. If that's the case, we should all celebrate with James!

Congrats!
WhitsettWolf
Nope...this last round of Biden give aways for votes are not alone. He went around tge Supreme Court a couple of times before... Besides, the words loan forgiveness is a lie. The loans are still there being paid by someone else-tax payers. Good try though.

While it seems positive to have loan relief, one is winning a small battle and losing the war.
RDUwolfpack
WhitsettWolf said:

Nope...this last round of Biden give aways for votes are not alone. He went around tge Supreme Court a couple of times before... Besides, the words loan forgiveness is a lie. The loans are still there being paid by someone else-tax payers. Good try though.

While it seems positive to have loan relief, one is winning a small battle and losing the war.

If a person has $100,000 in loans and pays $240,000 in interest over 120 payments then that principle amount is paid off.

That's what the bill addresses.

Again, I'm not talking about Biden's which has not went into effect yet. SC struck it down last summer.

Source: https://www.ncsl.org/state-legislatures-news/details/supreme-court-strikes-down-student-loan-forgiveness-program#:~:text=In%20a%20pair%20of%20recent,they%20had%20standing%20to%20sue.
Ramblinwolf
Love the chat about the baseball game.
WhitsettWolf
I wish I could get a loan with no interest...ever. lol. Don't sign for a loan without looking at the schedule of paying it back...with interest. That's what the signature is responsible for...principle and interest. The federal government (tax payers), should not be guaranteeing student loans. Pay your own loans off. Biden policy is behind transferring loans to taxpayers...as I said before.

I'm out.
Go Pack...get the series win tonight!!!
RDUwolfpack
WhitsettWolf said:

I wish I could get a loan with no interest...ever. lol. Don't sign for a loan without looking at the schedule of paying it back...with interest. That's what the signature is responsible for...principle and interest. The federal government (tax payers), should not be guaranteeing student loans. Pay your own loans off. Biden policy is behind transferring loans to taxpayers...as I said before.

I'm out.
Go Pack...get the series win tonight!!!

I fully agree with you.

But you should be mad at Bush. He signed the PSLF I'm referring to.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Service_Loan_Forgiveness#:~:text=The%20Public%20Service%20Loan%20Forgiveness,law%20by%20President%20George%20W.
FuzzyRed
Please take this policy discussion straight to the Water Cooler, and let us fans get back to talking about our baseball squad. Thank you!
WhitsettWolf
Well fwiw...I didn't bring it here. It started in real life with James. I responded to what apparently is not common knowledge. However, I agree and am out.

Go Pack!
VernaStanton
Thanks for the info.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.