2023 NC State Women's Cross Country 11/19 NCAA CHAMPS!

36,148 Views | 334 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by GuerrillaPack
toddl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
jadawson

GuerrillaPack
This is one of the most deflating and demoralizing things I've experienced as an NC State fan. Maybe I'm just getting soft. I hate this so bad for Kelsey and the entire team, and can only imagine how tough it is on them -- as the coach mentioned. This one hurts bad.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
Tough loss losing Kelsey. It will be difficult to overcome, but sometimes the whole becomes greater than the sum of the parts. Hopefully everyone will be able to up their games just a bit to make up for Kelsey not being able to participate. It's sports and anything can happen.

I believe we will still be a podium finish and who knows what might happen. Again no matter where these young ladies finish, they have accomplished great things as a team and individually. I am so proud that they chose to represent N.C. State and all of the alums. None of the experts thought we would beat Houston in 1983, but the team and the fans believed and it happened. Good thoughts for the girls tomorrow. They have a chance to make history and I believe they will be up to the challenge.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
jadawson
hype video they showed at halftime of the State Basketball game

https://instagr.am/p/CzxK5thstYY
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ollege Cross Country
Men's and Women's
NCAA Cross Country Championships, Panorama Farms, Charlottesville, VA
Men's and Women's Races ESPNU, 9:30 a.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Course layout was interesting

2 laps,but different routes on each lap
DecaturWolf
Tuohy truly a generational athlete.
Posted for years as ColoradoWolf and Rick from Littleton. On Twitter as @espwapoujacmel
ChemE94
That chick from Florida is running away with this thing. Pretty amazing the pace she is on.
engineercoach
Looks like a three peat!! 1 point victory
ChemE94
What a performance by our ladies today!!! Don't give up, don't ever give up!!
jadawson
Anything happens on race day!!!!!!!

Thats why you dont count out proven runners who cares how they run in October. Tyynismaa and Bush showed up big time today.
Wolfpack91
3 Peat!
toddl
Staff
What the holy hell was all that?????

3peat!!!!!! without Chmiel??
jadawson
Samantha Bush passed 14 people in the last 1k. What a legend.
WolfpackBAE08
Great job ladies! Had me nervous at the end. Nice to have a 3-peat
Mormad
Wow! That was special.
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
You gotta believe boys and girls. "O ye of little faith." Everybody was down yesterday when they found out about Chmiel, but we aren't just a great team, but a great PROGRAM! Tuohy was not her best and kudos to Parker Valby, she was dominant. Our depth helped us win this Championship. Sam and Amaris stepped up big time and the freshmen are not freshman anymore and helped us get over the hump and do just enough. As I said yesterday, I believed these young ladies would be up for the challenge and they came through with flying colors.!!

Way to go ladies!! Kelsey so sorry you were not able to participate, but your teammates picked you up and carried you with them to a team victory.

3-PEAT FOR THE PACK!!!! I like the sound of that!

GO PACK!!

Wolfer79
toddl
Staff
I'm absolutely stunned, twice, in two separate directions.
Nairo
Laurie is the greatest coach in the sport and has cemented her legacy on the Mt Rushmore of NC State legends
DrummerboyWolf
Great showing by Wolfpack Nation at the race too! Flags and lots of red during the whole telecast! Give yourselves a big pat on the back if you were there.!
Tom OBriens Smile
DrummerboyWolf said:

Great showing by Wolfpack Nation at the race too! Flags and lots of red during the whole telecast! Give yourselves a big pat on the back if you were there.!
Whoever had the flags idea was very wise - very cool to see on a national broadcast like that, and its not like at Gameday where there are 7,413 flags now.

Heck of a performance - when I saw Tuohy was struggling as well as Chmiel out, just sort of figured they would hope for a Top 10. Fantastic performance, championship culture - and as we always say the strength of the pack is the WOLF, and the strength of the wolf is the PACK.

3x
Packamylase
Did Valby win?
jadawson
Packamylase said:

Did Valby win?
Yes
DrummerboyWolf
Packamylase said:

Did Valby win?
Yes, she led most of the race and at one time had a 30 second lead on the 2nd pack of runners. She said she had a side stitch on the last 400 meters going up hill, but she was able to hang on.
GuerrillaPack
Tuohy after they found out that the team won

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
toddl
Staff
Packamylase said:

Did Valby win?

Valby smoked it. Congrats to her, no two ways about it.
Tom OBriens Smile
toddl said:

Packamylase said:

Did Valby win?

Valby smoked it. Congrats to her, no two ways about it.
Even last year, its crazy to watch someone get out to that kind of lead on every single competitor, and she one-upped that this year and was able to finish it. Even with Tuohy hampered, that was well earned.
jadawson
GuerrillaPack said:

Tuohy after they found out that the team won

I'm not crying you're crying...

What an emotional roller coaster for her. To come back to school for last ride with her team, then losing Kelsey, then finishing 5th and fighting through pain and probably thinking she let her team down, then finding out they still won despite all the hurdles this sport threw at them. Unbelievable.

So much pressure on this young woman and she is so incredible every team.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.