Sebastian Vecchio, most recently head coach at Cal State Bakersfield, has been named associate head coach for NC State women's soccer.

"Bringing Seb to NC State gives us a new voice and brings energy, work ethic and recruiting ability," head coach Tim Santoro said. "There's a responsibility to keep the program progressing within the changing landscape at NC State and the NCAA, so adding more Division I head coaching experience was a priority. It's great to get Seb to Raleigh after an unsuccessful attempt during my last search.

"Since 2016, NC State is one of 11 teams in the country to make the postseason every fall and advance to the Sweet Sixteen at least three times. But despite that success, you can't be stagnant, you must continue to evolve. Seb will play a big part to help with this."

Vecchio became the fifth head coach of Cal State Bakersfield in 2018, boasting the highest winning percentage of any Roadrunners' coach at the Division I level. The program's nine wins in 2019 is the highest number of wins in a season at the Division I level.

Vecchio was an assistant coach at TCU from 2016-17. Prior to coaching at TCU, Vecchio made stops at Vanderbilt, Rice and Memphis. He brings 19 years of coaching experience to Raleigh, including five appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Vecchio played a prominent role in bringing top-25 recruiting classes to each of his assistant coaching stops.

As a player, Vecchio started for two seasons at Memphis after transferring from Mid-Continent College in Kentucky. In 2004, he allowed just 12 goals in over 1,500 minutes of action, posting a school record of 0.69 goals-against average. He was later named the 2004 Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference USA recipient. Vecchio finished his career at Memphis with a school record 1.02 goals-against average and produced 21 wins in two seasons.

Vecchio obtained a bachelor's degree in marketing from Memphis in 2005 and a bachelor's degree in sports and leisure management in 2008.

Vecchio will be joined in Raleigh with his wife, Rachel, and his two sons, Luca and Nico.

https://gopack.com/news/2023/5/26/womens-soccer-sebastian-vecchio-named-associate-head-coach-for-wolfpack-womens-soccer.aspx