Story Poster
Photo by USA TODAY Sports
NC State Basketball

RELEASE: NC State’s Statement on Notice of Allegations (NOA Included)

July 10, 2019

NOTICE OF ALLEGATIONS (.PDF File)

On July 9, 2019, NC State University received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA outlining allegations of rule violations related to the men’s basketball program under the direction of former head coach Mark Gottfried during the 2014-2017 timeframe. The notice is attached.

NC State has strong and clear compliance policies, and puts extensive effort into annual training and education to ensure coaches and athletes are fully aware of those policies and NCAA rules. All four allegations are tied to former coaches who were well educated about the rules and knew the rules, and if the allegations are true, those coaches chose to break the rules. No current coaches are named or implicated in the allegations.

The Notice of Allegations is the expected next step in an NCAA process following the federal government’s inquiry into college basketball. NC State received a verbal Notice of Inquiry from the NCAA in October 2018. NC State has voluntarily and fully cooperated, and will continue to fully cooperate, with the NCAA throughout this process.

NC State has 90 days from receipt of the notice to provide a written response, after which the NCAA will set a hearing date. The university is reviewing the allegations and will determine the appropriate next steps and response.

“NC State is committed to the highest levels of compliance, honesty and integrity,” said Chancellor Randy Woodson. “As the university carefully reviews the NCAA’s allegations and thoroughly evaluates the evidence in order to determine our response, we are prepared to be accountable where we believe it is appropriate and to vigorously defend this great university and its Athletics program where we feel it is necessary.”

Consistent with NCAA rules regarding pending infractions matters, NC State will not have any further comment at this time.

Tags: Basketball
Discussion from...

RELEASE: NC State’s Statement on Notice of Allegations (NOA Included)

6,788 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TheStorm
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F*** the crooked NCAA & Mark Gottfried & Early. Dennis Smith is on the ****list now too. I hope the Pack fights like hell this time & doesn't roll over like they did in the past. From what I heard, sure the stuff may have happen, but if they try to punish the Pack to harsh I'm gonna be mad as f*** with all the crooked mess, academically as well going on at other universities. If there not to bad, then accept the crap & move on.
Struttingwolf96
What I dont like about Smith & his family taking the money is if you & your family grew up as State fans why try destroy the school you supposedly loved. If it was all about the money I wish Smith would have went somewhere else because he wasn't worth what he received. Just never unserstood why Yow hired Gottfried, he is so different than the other coaches she hired? Wonder if she knew this was coming years ago & planned on getting out before s*** hit the fan. Just a few words I have to say about this mess, Fight Pack, Fight.
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

What I dont like about Smith & his family taking the money is if you & your family grew up as State fans why try destroy the school you supposedly loved. If it was all about the money I wish Smith would have went somewhere else because he wasn't worth what he received. Just never unserstood why Yow hired Gottfried, he is so different than the other coaches she hired? Wonder if she knew this was coming years ago & planned on getting out before s*** hit the fan. Just a few words I have to say about this mess, Fight Pack, Fight.
And I'm eagerly awaiting the next summit update from "up under the hut" at the White Lake Water Park... cool day indeed...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.