Story Poster
NC State Football

WATCH: Drinkwitz Witnessed Good Execution

August 2, 2017

NC State offensive coordinator Eli Drinkwitz met with the media to discuss his group.

Is this season easier to work with than last year?
It’s more manageable. We talked about it last night. For a lot of these guys, this is the sixth time they’re going through the install. You’re a lot more comfortable, and you’re a lot more understanding.

You’re getting into the finer details of the plays we’re running. I thought we had a good first day. I thought our guys came out here and had some good tempo and good execution.

How’s Ryan Finley improving?
You can tell he’s so much more comfortable with the players around him. He’s in a rhythm right now. The key for me is to keep his feet to the fire, keep pushing him, and not letting him settle in.

Jalan [McClendon] did a great job pushing him today. He had a couple of really good throws for touchdowns or big gains. That will put a fire under him for sure.

What will the additional weight do for him?
Well, his nickname won’t be ‘Skinley’ anymore for one thing. He took some hits last year and got nicked up a little bit. I think with the added weight and muscle, the strength and conditioning staff did a great job.

Obviously when you weigh a little bit more like myself, you can take a few more hits.

When you have versatile guys like Nyheim Hines and Jaylen Samuels, what does that do for the offense?
It helps you create matchup problems versus the defense, and that’s the biggest thing. For us right now, it’s about finding those ways and not just trying to do it during a game.

It’s about that being a part of who we are: being able to get in and out of that really quickly.

Have you seen any adjustment from Nyheim moving to running back?
At the end of the day, you’re not sure until you put pads on. Today was fine. When you put pads on and you get hit, you’re going to have ball security, and you’re going to see if you’re going take it over the course of four quarters.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions, but he's attacked it with a great attitude.
Discussion from...

WATCH: Drinkwitz Witnessed Good Execution

2,093 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Daniel Wilson
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.