Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,408,042 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More

2019 6'11 4 PF/C Qudus Wahab checks in at #47 in ESPN Top 60 , one of the Top bigs in the country!!!
Dunlow66
"Just looking for a good relationship with the coaches," he said. "Just an opportunity to come in and impact the school and program.. All the teams that I have in my top seven, it's been about relationships and the bond I have with those coaches."

Jericole Hellems quote from a few days ago...now we get the first Official Visit.
wolverinepack20
Let's make this interesting..

Dun [or anyone else that wants to play], what's your 'dream' and 'realistic' 2018 recruiting class for State?

Dream Class
Elijah Weaver [I don't think Jamie Lewis ever plays here, I could see no PGs in this class as we're loaded]
Keldon Johnson
Jairus Hamilton OR Jerrico Hellems
Manny Bates
David McCormack

Realistic Class:
Saddiq Bey
Jairus Hamilton
Manny Bates
[1-2 others not currently on the board]
CedarMaronite
Ok yalla I'll play when I'm back home
Dunlow66
wolverinepack20 said:

Let's make this interesting..

Dun [or anyone else that wants to play], what's your 'dream' and 'realistic' 2018 recruiting class for State?

Dream Class
Elijah Weaver [I don't think Jamie Lewis ever plays here, I could see no PGs in this class as we're loaded]
Keldon Johnson
Jairus Hamilton OR Jerrico Hellems
Manny Bates
David McCormack

Realistic Class:
Saddiq Bey
Jairus Hamilton
Manny Bates
[1-2 others not currently on the board]
I think we could land a wing like Keyonte Johnson if we miss on Keldon/Bey(I dont think we get Bey)

Still feel like we are a player for Mccormack.

Hellems would be a great pickup, but we are a bit later than most with this young man. Still think it could happen.

Bates and Hamilton look like the two most likely, IMO, and have for months now.
wolfpackfan00

Jaylen Hoard announcing tomorrow. Visited Wake Forest yesterday. As Dun has said a lot, he's most likely gonna be a Demon Deacon.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Jaylen Hoard announcing tomorrow. Visited Wake Forest yesterday. As Dun has said a lot, he's most likely gonna be a Demon Deacon.
and a very good one, IMO
RowanWolf
Hamilton and Bates are must gets. Not only because they're going to be good players in positions of urgent need, but because they're home grown kids.

Dunlow66
Hoard commitment to Wake now official
Dunlow66
Interesting weekend for NCSU recruiting. Things could pick up very soon.
wolfpackfan00
Keldon Johnson is unofficially visiting NC State.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Keldon Johnson is unofficially visiting NC State.
hmmmm....
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Some smoke out there that NC State may have a decent shot at landing '18 5 star wing Keldon Johnson. If that happens,I will be super excited. I love this kid's game and have been on his bandwagon for months. Legit STAR if he plays for Keatts, IMO, Johnson has All ACC potential.
just remember where you heard it first......
Phil2
Dun,

What about Lewis, you think he will ever suit up? Seems lots of though no...
Bulldogwolf27
Dun,
If we land Keldon who would start on the wing with him? Cj I would presume . I think Keldon is a 3 in our offense
Dunlow66
Phil2 said:

Dun,

What about Lewis, you think he will ever suit up? Seems lots of though no...

I'll believe it when he signs a binding LOI. Nothing concrete, just a lot of rumors and interesting decisions by Lewis of late.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Some smoke out there that NC State may have a decent shot at landing '18 5 star wing Keldon Johnson. If that happens,I will be super excited. I love this kid's game and have been on his bandwagon for months. Legit STAR if he plays for Keatts, IMO, Johnson has All ACC potential.
Don't be teasing....
wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

love it... glad to see he didn't jump on the Kentucky offer.
WolfpackSI
Love seeing KK going hard after Virginia kids.

I feel like we can build championship teams from all the talent in NC, Va, DC/Maryland, and Ga. So much talent in this area
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Love seeing KK going hard after Virginia kids.

I feel like we can build championship teams from all the talent in NC, Va, DC/Maryland, and Ga. So much talent in this area
Keatts has deep connections to the VA area. So does James Johnson(Va tech asst) and AW Hamilton(prep school connections, recruited the area for Hargrave). Takyo Sindle has a solid 'NC area' recruiting base. Thomas Carr is not a full assistant(was at UNCW), but he also has those VA roots.

This is one of the main reasons I wanted our admin to let Coach Keatts hire his own guys for the staff, even with a bit of inexperience. Love the energy and local flavor.
Tau837
Dream class:

PG Jaime Lewis - 4 star, sticks with his verbal
SG Keldon Johnson - 5 star, unofficial visit this weekend
SF Jairus Hamilton - 3.3 star
PF Immanuel Bates - 3 star
C David McCormack - 3.5 stars

(Stars from Verbal Commits)

Based on Dun's recent comments, all of these seem possible, with Lewis perhaps being the least likely (and arguably the least important). That is a really strong and balanced class. That group would take the scholarships currently allocated to Allerik Freeman, Hunt, Abu, Lennard Freeman, and (presumably) Yurtseven. Assuming no other departures, that will fill the available scholarships, so it would leave no room for graduate transfers.

We would still seem a bit light up front next season, replacing 3 bigs with 2 bigs, and especially considering 2 of the departing bigs are seniors and the other is a presumed NBA player. I understand that KK's style doesn't require as much from traditional bigs, but I'd be a bit concerned about a frontcourt of just JR Hicks and FR Bates and McCormack.

And if we don't get McCormack...

Thoughts?
wolfpackfan00
wolfpackfan00
Saddiq Bey has set four official visits: Pitt, Xavier, Northwestern, and Miami.

NC State and Princeton battling to get the last OV.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Saddiq Bey has set four official visits: Pitt, Xavier, Northwestern, and Miami.

NC State and Princeton battling to get the last OV.
This one has been trending away from us for a while now. Not sure how much we are really 'battling' at this point. I would put Northwestern and Xavier as the leaders.
Dunlow66
No commit from Helles this weekend. Has become a priiority for this staff. Not sure there is a 'leader' at this point. Could be one to watch closely and, IMO, could impact Jarius Hamilton
NatePait94
I wish Hamilton would make it official. What is he holding out for?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

No commit from Helles this weekend. Has become a priiority for this staff. Not sure there is a 'leader' at this point. Could be one to watch closely and, IMO, could impact Jarius Hamilton

After Hamilton's poor July with team loaded, I'm not surprised they are heavily pursuing Hellems. Hellems had a strong July and Maybe they will take whoever would commit first between the two.
Dunlow66
Mitchell Robinson faced with not playing at all this year, has decided to re-enroll at WKU. Stansbury getting 'weird' already. This one could blow up in a hurry.

Five star center Mitchell Robinson has officially perplexed the masses. The 7-footer from Louisiana was signed to play basketball at Western Kentucky, he was then released from his letter of intent at the beginning of August, and is now returning to the program once again.

Robinson re-enrolled at WKU this morning, and is expected to round out a promising Hilltopper frontcourt that now also contains Justin Johnson, and Kansas Transfer Dwight Coleby.
wolfpackfan00
David McCormack is officially visiting NC State this weekend.

Keldon Johnson is officially visiting NC State September 15-17.
SexualChocolate
Wow!!! McCormack and Johnson are both coming to visit!
wolfpackfan00
SexualChocolate
McCormack = Sept 2 Weekend
Johnson = Sept 16 Weekend
Dunlow66
Told you guys we were still in it with both of them......no crystal ball needed either
Pack31
That's great news! Wish McCormack was coming during a home FB game though. Oh well....great to get him on campus though.
Dunlow66
I am hoping we close the deal on Manny Bates. His OV would be a great time to get that commit.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.