Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,603 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RDUpackfan said:

So you're saying we're getting a recruit mid July as well?
That "other" prediction that apparently left the board was for a package deal that included Nickelberry (even though somehow he didn't even know the kid's name right up until just after he committed to Louisville ) and the "French" kid... doesn't seem to know the French kid's name either, Guerrier came up, but perhaps hIs secret International sources see "Lecque" and think "French"? Who knows? He sure didn't seem to have any details about anything himself.
Packfan8
So what I don't understand is why would this info becoming mid July, is that when the next dead period starts or is this when a recruit (moore) makes a commitment
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

So what I don't understand is why would this info becoming mid July, is that when the next dead period starts or is this when a recruit (moore) makes a commitment

There's 3, 5 day evaluation periods in the month of July, otherwise it's been a quiet period all of June
Phoencians33
Moore visit is in august or september anyway right?
What is our positions of need for 19 class and who could leave early?
nryanh94
Phoencians33 said:

Probably a PG and a wing, would be surprised at all to see any of Markell, Bryce or Daniels play well and leave
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Phoencians33 said:

Probably a PG and a wing, would be surprised at all to see any of Markell, Bryce or Daniels play well and leave
Don't think a true PG is a need but its gonna be one of those situations where the staff offers Moore and/or Lecque the starting PG spot to run the show with Harris and Beverly being there if the player needs to move off the ball.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
If KK lands both Lecque and Moore then I say we go nuclear. You give KK a 20 year contract for 5M/year and make sure he never leaves Raleigh. Hell, buy him a freakin' Bojangles I dont care
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RowanWolf
He might prefer his own Howling Cow Ice Cream franchise. But, I agree with the sentiment.
WolfpackSI
RowanWolf said:

He might prefer his own Howling Cow Ice Cream franchise. But, I agree with the sentiment.
Aren't they shutting that down? I was talking to my cousin who is a senior at State and he was saying something along those lines.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
JacksonWilliford
WolfpackSI said:

RowanWolf said:

Aren't they shutting that down? I was talking to my cousin who is a senior at State and he was saying something along those lines.

They came out with an article on April Fool's Day saying they were. It got me too haha, but they're very much still in business
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
WolfpackSI
JacksonWilliford said:

WolfpackSI said:

RowanWolf said:

They came out with an article on April Fool's Day saying they were. It got me too haha, but they're very much still in business
lol Glad to hear it. Had a lot of fond memories of it at Fountain Dining hall.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RowanWolf
Dang it. Scared me, too. Good April Fool's joke. Wish I was close enough to go get some this afternoon.
rwwalsh
For those that have watched a lot of Moore, does he really have the skillset to be an ACC PG? He always struck me more of a 2.
wolfpackfan00

Greg Gantt Final 9. NC State not in it.
Struttingwolf96
Think he's holding a grudge against NC ACC schools for not offering earlier?
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00 said:

Not surprising at all, we offered really late and aren't recruiting overly hard at the moment
Packfan8
Saw on Twitter that saddiq bey's top 3 is vandy, wake and bc so it looks like we'll have to play against him one day
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Saw on Twitter that saddiq bey's top 3 is vandy, wake and bc so it looks like we'll have to play against him one day

If he goes to Vandy he likely won't play a ton as a freshman. BC would be interesting, him Bowman and Hamilton. Wake will probably be the worst team in the ACC this year.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Said for a while now...kid could end up at Providence. Pitt would not be a surprise either
Dunlow66
rwwalsh said:

For those that have watched a lot of Moore, does he really have the skillset to be an ACC PG? He always struck me more of a 2.
or maybe even a 3 in our system.....dont really see the PG skills yet. Maybe a point forward in the future.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

rwwalsh said:

or maybe even a 3 in our system.....dont really see the PG skills yet. Maybe a point forward in the future.
Is Wendell a 1&Done type player or will he be around for a few years?

Also, doesn't Bey lose a year of eligibility if he transfers to an ACC school?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
Bey would not be considered a transfer from NCSU. He may transfer in the future from whatever school wins his services this time around, but that would be his first transfer.
WolfpackSI
I think Gantt ends up at Pitt. Lots of PT and hes gonna have a vendetta against ACC schools.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

rwwalsh said:

He is supposed to have to sit out a year but could petition that
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

rwwalsh said:

@PackFansXL

He's not a transfer but Bey still signed his LOI so he still has to comply to those rules. Its the same thing with Montrezl Harrell a few years back. He had a lot of interest in State but couldn't transfer within the ACC because of conference rules.

@nryanh94

On what grounds can he petition? Beverly had a case because his coach at tOSU got fired but Bey just didn't want to come after

I mean I don't really care. Bey should be able to play wherever he wants but the inconsistency is pretty annoying. I'm still pretty upset about the whole Harrell situation from a few years back.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

rwwalsh said:

@PackFansXL

He's not a transfer but Bey still signed his LOI so he still has to comply to those rules. Its the same thing with Montrezl Harrell a few years back. He had a lot of interest in State but couldn't transfer within the ACC because of conference rules.

@nryanh94

On what grounds can he petition? Beverly had a case because his coach at tOSU got fired but Bey just didn't want to come after

I mean I don't really care. Bey should be able to play wherever he wants but the inconsistency is pretty annoying. I'm still pretty upset about the whole Harrell situation from a few years back.

He can just use the FBI investigation and likely get cleared to play
RowanWolf
As for the question is Moore a one and done, with his Senior season of high school and Freshman season of college still to play, anything can happen, but right now he's not ready to defend at the NBA level.
williewolf
rwwalsh said:

he did handle the ball in crunch time more than leaky or cline it seemed during the state playoffs.........basically would bring it down court and then drive to score or get fouled

would not be a super quick / passer type of guard but could be a possibility if paired with another combo guard
WolfpackSI
williewolf said:

rwwalsh said:

he did handle the ball in crunch time more than leaky or cline it seemed during the state playoffs.........basically would bring it down court and then drive to score or get fouled

would not be a super quick / passer type of guard but could be a possibility if paired with another combo guard
Like say Lecque?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WOLFDAC
Concerning mid July...I don't think we will see necessarily a commitment, but perhaps a clearer vision of what most likely will happen moving forward...but who knows...Maverick Rowan was a Summer commit.
nryanh94
If I could only choose one player over the next 2 years that we get is choose Jaden Springer, that kids already nasty and looks to still be growing
WolfpackSI
WOLFDAC said:

Concerning mid July...I don't think we will see necessarily a commitment, but perhaps a clearer vision of what most likely will happen moving forward...but who knows...Maverick Rowan was a Summer commit.

Well, Mav was a summer commit for the very next season. Should we expecting sometalong those lines?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WOLFDAC
I don't think so...it's all very quiet in my camp right now.
williewolf
WolfpackSI said:

WOLFDAC said:

Well, Mav was a summer commit for the very next season. Should we expecting sometalong those lines?
wouldn't expect that..........i think they are full for next season scholarship-wise with dorn's return announced
Dunlow66
Patrick Williams starting to blow up as a big time recruiting target

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 9h9 hours ago
More

6'8 2019 Patrick Williams of West Charlotte (NC) / Team United has now been offered by Arizona
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.