Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,015 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Bulldogwolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both post grad big men are intriguing. One is more offense and one is more defensive. Would like to get one ?
Dunlow66
This one could be over before it really gets started..........

Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 8h8 hours ago
More

Duke's coaching staff will have an in home visit on April 15 with 2019 6'6 W Wendell Moore Jr., of Cox Mill HS
Struttingwolf96
Hey Dunlow66, since it looks like we will have two scholarships available for 2019, with Dorn & probably a grad. transfer graduating who would you say right now are the top 3 players State could get a commit from in the future or is in best shape with right now?
NatePait94
You are correct, but let it be. NC State is the real winner now.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
RowanWolf
Dunlow66 said:

More

Duke's coaching staff will have an in home visit on April 15 with 2019 6'6 W Wendell Moore Jr., of Cox Mill HS
Keep your Cheat friends away from high ledges, bridges, windows, etc.

I've got a gut feeling this one is still more open than most are thinking....especially if he attends Hargrave next year.
metcalfmafia
RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

I've got a gut feeling this one is still more open than most are thinking....especially if he attends Hargrave next year.

Where is the Hargrave thing coming from?
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Duke hired an asst coach who has connections to Moore. Moving to Hargrave might give us a shot....but with Chris Carrawel now with the Blue Devils(son plays HS ball with Moore), I think we may be on the outside looking in by the time this one is over(assuming Duke wants Moore and it looks like they do)
RowanWolf
Wes Miller is after young Carawell. Duke...Cheats...they're all one big 'blue blood' family.

Moore to Hargrave has been a rumor I first heard back in January. It may be just that, a rumor, and nothing more. It would be better for his game, however. That conference will not be tough next year. With Moore and Carawell, Cox Mill will cruise again. Not even breaking a sweat most nights.
Packfan8
What do you guys think about the Kentucky transfer, is he worth a look?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

He's definitely worth a look haha, former 5 star kid who's been recruited over a few years. The issue is I think if he comes to the ACC it'll be UNC or UVA
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

He's definitely worth a look haha, former 5 star kid who's been recruited over a few years. The issue is I think if he comes to the ACC it'll be UNC or UVA
Was committed to Virginia at one time....and play HS ball in Chapel Hill, so those two would seem to have a good starting position to recruit the young man.
Dunlow66
This could impact NCSU recruiting for the next few years...

Kenya Hunter leaving Nebraska for UConn

Hunter was the connection that got all those NC kids to Nebraska. Garner Road AAU connection.

On a side note, Isaac Copeland could be availble as a potential Post Grad, he has declared for the draft but will not hire an agent.

Thomas Allen is another Nebraska player who could be looking to move on
Andrew4343
I guess the thought is that uconn will be a bigger force in NC?
NatePait94
It would be odd if Thomas Allen were to get back into the fold
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Andrew4343 said:

I guess the thought is that uconn will be a bigger force in NC?
Would you prefer UConn or Nebraska if you were a NC boy playing basketball?

If Hunter can get legit players at Nebraska, I imagine he will KILL it at UConn. Solid head coach, IMO and now a very good recruiter with southeastern AAU ties.
Dunlow66
@JustinByerly 32m32 minutes ago
More

Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Tulane, NC State, UMass and South Carolina have reached out to 2018 guard Mike Wynn since receiving his release from ECU.
TheStorm
It seems to me that we are willing to take a "look" at just about anybody that becomes available... what doesn't get defined usually is how "serious" that look might be.

Dun can you give us a refresher course on Wynn? I don't remember anything about him.
nryanh94
Dunlow said a blue blood got into his ear

Hangans commited to UK this morning
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

It seems to me that we are willing to take a "look" at just about anybody that becomes available... what doesn't get defined usually is how "serious" that look might be.

Dun can you give us a refresher course on Wynn? I don't remember anything about him.
Tall, lanky kid who is really more of a SF right now...but that fits our system. About 6'5 or 6'6. Ole Miss just offered. Played for Team Loaded VA AAU but was not in the regular rotation(it was a strong team). Played some HS ball in Charlotte. He is more of a 'get in the lane' type player right now than a shooter. 3 star recruit who could blossom into a solid SG in the future. Originally in the class of '17
PicklePacker
in case some of you haven't gotten a good glimpse of Hellems.

Packfan8
Just saw on Twitter that Wyatt Walker is visiting this weekend, is this true? What are our chances of landing him?
RyanMB
Packfan8 said:

Just saw on Twitter that Wyatt Walker is visiting this weekend, is this true? What are our chances of landing him?
I saw where he had good averages in his first two seasons then only played 2 games last season. Was he hurt or was there another reason?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

yes, pretty good.
Dunlow66
RyanMB said:

Packfan8 said:

I saw where he had good averages in his first two seasons then only played 2 games last season. Was he hurt or was there another reason?
Hurt, he will be a rare Post Grad transfer with 2 years of PT and immediate eligibility
PicklePacker
Hey I'm intrigued by Carson McCorkle. Obviously he's a few years out but his basketball IQ is super high and he's a great shooter. He grew up a State fan so that always helps. Will he be a high major recruit? Shouldn't we have the inside track?
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

Hey I'm intrigued by Carson McCorkle. Obviously he's a few years out but his basketball IQ is super high and he's a great shooter. He grew up a State fan so that always helps. Will he be a high major recruit? Shouldn't we have the inside track?

A Few people here have said he won't be coming to state with this staff here. I personally don't view him as a big time high major prospect but I'm in the minority there
PicklePacker
He's still got 2 years of HS left so we'll see how he develops. He definitely needs to beef up. But when you consider he's only a HS sophomore, he's pretty impressive. I'll be rooting for him.
wolfpackfan00

NC State is on Killeya-Jones list
nryanh94
Highly likely he ends up at UNC
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

He's still got 2 years of HS left so we'll see how he develops. He definitely needs to beef up. But when you consider he's only a HS sophomore, he's pretty impressive. I'll be rooting for him.
2 years or 3. I thought he reclassed
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Any chance he is close to Ray Felton? Ray probably isn't too happy with Roy for kicking Jaylek off the team. So maybe that works in our favor
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

Any chance he is close to Ray Felton? Ray probably isn't too happy with Roy for kicking Jaylek off the team. So maybe that works in our favor

I mean ta possible that hea close with Felton having played for Team felton, but I doubt Raymond will sway kids away from UNC, just because of Jalek. Also SKJ played for Felton and Team Loaded Va on the aau circuit so not sure that he has an overly close relationship either way.

We could very well make a run at him, but it's an up hill battle with a chapel hill
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I would say highly likely he ends up in the ACC

Not willing to concede this to UNC yet. Kid played HS ball in VA and was born in New Jersey.

Chapel Hill may be home, but he has left home to play both HS and College ball before.
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I would say highly likely he ends up in the ACC

Not willing to concede this to UNC yet. Kid played HS ball in VA and was born in New Jersey.

Chapel Hill may be home, but he has left home to play both HS and College ball before.

He wanted that unc offer while in HS. They waited to offer and his crew didn't like that. We'll see if he's holding a grudge (I bet not).
Packfan8
How did Wyatt Walker's visit go, does any know which school he's leaning toward?
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.