Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,225,872 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dogplasma said:

What on earth is Manning's recruiting pitch? "The school owes me so much money that I guarantee I'll be around for your freshman season, and maybe even one more after that"?

I do know Cone's trainer was at wake forest today for some meeting and they happen to have an assistant position open I believe
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

dogplasma said:

What on earth is Manning's recruiting pitch? "The school owes me so much money that I guarantee I'll be around for your freshman season, and maybe even one more after that"?

I do know Cone's trainer was at wake forest today for some meeting and they happen to have an assistant position open I believe
Cone is good........but he's not 'hire his trainier as an asst coach' good.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

dogplasma said:

Cone is good........but he's not 'hire his trainier as an asst coach' good.

I agree, but desperate men do desperate things lol
Dunlow66
Smits made it to town for his OV
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

Feel good about our chances Dunlow?
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

Feel good about our chances Dunlow?
Not as good as I did about Andree....but Keatts excels in this type of recruiting.
wolfpackfan00

Pretty sure we already knew this, but thought I'd share
Dunlow66
Jalen Lecque @jalenlecque10
FollowingFollowing @jalenlecque10
More

Thanks to everyone @TheSkillFactory

Dunlow66
Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanHoops 3h3 hours ago
More

Wake Forest freshman Jaylen Hoard announces he will be staying in the NBA Draft. Danny Manning & Co. continue to get crushed by early departures.
Dunlow66
Joe GiglioVerified account @jwgiglio 56m56 minutes ago
More

The guards State/Keatts are recruiting -- Christian Keeling (Chas Southern) and Jaevin Cumberland (Oakland) -- had huge seasons in 2018-19.
Dunlow66
From what I've heard, Cumberland isnt likely to join his cousin at Cincinnati
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

What other schools are reaching out to him. Just read that he's currently on a visit with Oregon anddoesnt have any others planned, could be wrapped up pretty quick
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

What other schools are reaching out to him
Purdue has. Visiting Oregon now.
WolfpackSI
Damn, felt like he was trending towards going towards the draft but was still holding out that he would come to State. Best of luck to him. Hope he kills it in the league
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
welppack
WolfpackSI said:

Damn, felt like he was trending towards going towards the draft but was still holding out that he would come to State. Best of luck to him. Hope he kills it in the league
He's probably still trending towards the league but he can still technically return. This was just like an "official" declaration.
WolfpackSI
welppack said:

WolfpackSI said:

He's probably still trending towards the league but he can still technically return. He can still maintain eligibility and return.

Ah I thought this was him signing with an agent
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

welppack said:

WolfpackSI said:

He's probably still trending towards the league but he can still technically return. He can still maintain eligibility and return.

Ah I thought this was him signing with an agent

Players can sign with an agent now and still go back to school
RyanMB
I just saw someone on FB say that Keeling committed to Clemson. Anyone know if this is true?
ClePack
RyanMB said:

I just saw someone on FB say that Keeling committed to Clemson. Anyone know if this is true?
don't think it's true
Dennis Smith III
WolfpackSI
Dennis Smith III said:

Traditional transfer so would have to sit one to play one.

He started all 35 games for the Bearcats in 2018-19, averaging 8.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dennis Smith III said:

He started all 35 games for the Bearcats in 2018-19, averaging 8.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.
I think Brooks may graduate and be able to play in 2019-20
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dennis Smith III said:

Sweet! I didn't see that anywhere but that would be awesome. Give me a player that Mick Cronin developed because you know hes gonna be a good defensive player.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dennis Smith III said:

Sweet! I didn't see that anywhere but that would be awesome. Give me a player that Mick Cronin developed because you know hes gonna be a good defensive player.
Nothing official, but it has been a rumor since Cronin left.

or he could be hoping for a waiver since there was a coaching change.
Dunlow66

Nysier Brooks (6'11 240) Cincinnati center-Junior
Brooks is tall, long and competes on both ends of the floor. The junior center is averaging eight points, five rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game in 21 minutes of action this season. Against UCLA, Brooks dominated in 19 minutes of game time, totaling 14 points, six rebounds and two blocks. The Philadelphia native served as a defensive anchor for the Bearcats, who harassed the Bruins all night defensively.

"A lot of people are surprised by our toughness because our defense is something special," Brooks said after the game. "Nobody knows what it is, but it's something special."

Brooks does have a tendency to get into foul trouble and could help his draft stock by adding a few more post moves to his tool belt. With another year of seasoning, Brooks could intrigue scouts with his length and potential as a defensive difference maker.

https://draftnastymagazine.com/tag/nysier-brooks/
Dunlow66
HS scouting report on Brooks

Brooks is a long and mobile lefty with high level defensive instincts. He has a staggering wingspan, not just from his long arms, but also from wide shoulders. He rotates well to protect the basket, is a good weak-side shot-blocker, but typically contests plays while going straight up and down so as to not foul. He runs well, pursues balls coming off the glass, is a willing banger in the post, and generally active on both ends of the floor.
RDUwolfpack
Would we prefer Smits or Brooks?
Packfan8
RDUwolfpack said:

Whoever wants to commit
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Whoever wants to commit
Smits is a take if he wants to commit, no doubt.

Brooks may or may not be able to play next year. Not sure we would have both Thomas Allen and Brooks sitting out all season.

But if it is a Brooks or Smits question?....IMO, Brooks is the better player.
PicklePacker
Saw Siddle is now following 2020 top 40 PG Caleb Love.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Had Shaka Smart for an 'in home' visit a couple of days ago. Lousiville also deep in this recruitment.

Same AAU team as Hellems.
WolfpackSI
I would prefer Brooks because he competed at a higher level than Smits. Thats if he is eligible to play next year though.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
jbwbubba
Brooks does have a tendency to get into foul trouble

Will fit right in.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

Had Shaka Smart for an 'in home' visit a couple of days ago. Lousiville also deep in this recruitment.

Same AAU team as Hellems.

Is that a sign of Cam Thomas not looking so great?
wufpack7
Cam Thomas is a SG. Are you thinking about Cam Hayes?

After only recruiting 3 guys last fall, and only landing 1 of them (who will never play here anyway), we better have back-up plans and/ or multiple offers for every available scholarship in 2020.
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.