Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,165 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to get this thread rolling.

Ask a question, post a tweet, pass along a rumor......whatever you got, bring it here if it concerns College Bball recruiting that relates to NC State and the ACC

Updated watch list as of Aug 25th 2019

1. Shakeel Moore (OV scheduled)
2. Josh Hall (ov scheduled)
3. Cam hayes (ov scheduled)
4. Cam Thomas (has taken ov)
5. John Hugley (ov scheduled)
6. Deivon Smith (ov scheduled)
7. Henry Coleman (working on ov; in his final 5)
8. Mark Williams (likley a long shot)

Then you've got guys like Tristan Maxwell and Javarzia Belton that is guess we're actively evaluating; and then you have Carter Whitt. Additionally you have Calhoun releasing his top 5 soon but we don't know anything there

September updated watch list

1. Hayes (has visited; likley lead)
2. Hugley (has visited; likley lead)
3. Hall (working on rescheduling; may trail Louisville)
4. Moore (visiting soon; if we get Hayes May push to providence)
5. Thomas (fading)
6. Langford (visiting this weekend; but a ton of connections to BC)
7. Ebenezer Dowuona (visiting soon; if we land Hugley we likely won't take)
8. Coleman (going to duke and if not then VT; but still fighting)
9. Keon Ambrose (no idea where this will end up as we just offered and he's from Canada; has OVed to Dayton)

Then you have guys like Javarzia Belton still being evaluated, Jadun Michael and Carter Whitt can still reclass. Note players 6-9 all seem like a stretch for me.
robertmee
How about a general catching up, where we stand for 2017 (are we done filling roster spots), who has signed for 2018, and who the top prospects we are pursuing.
EliteFlamer
Looks like we'll be needing guys at many positions for 2018. Maybe a list/ranking of biggest needs by each position?
Dunlow66
robertmee said:

How about a general catching up, where we stand for 2017 (are we done filling roster spots), who has signed for 2018, and who the top prospects we are pursuing.
Braxton Beverly is still out there for '17. At one time, I thought we would land him. Still might with the connections to AW Hamilton, just not as likely as it once appeared.
Dunlow66
wolfeypackey said:

Looks like we'll be needing guys at many positions for 2018. Maybe a list/ranking of biggest needs by each position?
We all know that our front line is going to be gutted with Abu, Freeman and (likely)Yurtseven leaving...so that is the focus, IMO.

Jarius Hamilton is our top target at PF. I think he fits the PF position in Coach Keatts offense very well. One of those guys who could develop like TJ Warren if he puts in the work. I feel like we lead for him as of today.

Manny Bates is a rim protector. Nice length and a very hard worker. He wants to get better and he has proven himself. He will never be a stud on the offensive end, but a really solid shotblocking, rebounding big man who can hopefully provide that last line of defense. Very important to have a guy like this when the rest of the team is likely to be selling out on playing the passing lanes for steals with our uptempo defensive pressure.

David McCormack would be a coup. IMO, he could be a pro in 3 years. He has the size, he has the strength, he has the determination(reshaped his body) and he is at Oak Hill and with Team Loaded. He jumped about 30 other prospects in most of the recent '18 rankings and is now a solid top 35 type player. Duke and Oklahoma State are considered his leaders, but we are pushing on this one. I have followed McCormack for years and love the way he has developed. He would make us all proud if he were to play for NC State
Dunlow66
I think we have an outstanding set of wings coming in '18 with transfers CJ Bryce and Devon Daniels suiting up after redshirt seasons. Torin will be a senior and I could see him getting a lot of PT at the stretch 4 position to get all three on the court together in '18, same with Shaun Kirk.

Hamilton could be considered a target on the wing, I think he is better suited to play PF in this system.
Jaylen Hoard is an interesting prospect at High Point Weslyan, I think Wake gets him.

Jericole Hellems just picked up an offer for '18...one of those 'under the radar' type of wings that Coach Keatts always seems to find(like CJ Bryce at UNCW).

Keldon Johnson is going to be a stud whoI think he follows Shaka's call to Texas, with Maryland also in it. We want him badly. He is going to be a real 'power wing' and Coach Keatts knows exactly how to use a kid like this. He may be my favorite player in this class(of course, he is also a bit 'local' for me)

Local kid that is on our board at SF...Kris Monroe(plays for Team Wall AAU) I think this was more of a 'Gott recruit', but other HMs are showing interest. Boston College just offered.
http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/812962?referrer_id=1555437
Dunlow66
Point Guard looks to be in very good shape assuming Markel is eligilble(and it looks like he should be).

Batts and Markell are going to be pure hell on defense next year, IMO. They will swarm the ball and put pressure on PGs to make bad passes as we use our wings to play the passing lanes.

That is a nice combo, but we really need another PG for the future. I am not sure current verbal commit Jamie Lewis is going to be that guy. Injury issues and now a transfer to HS out West have clouded my view on this one.

Ayo Dosunmu is the prize......Scoring PG who could be a one or two year college player and then on to the NBA. He would be very ball dominant and maybe not really looking at a school like NCSU as seriously as we would like. We have a shot here, think he stays in the Midwest

We could circle back a bit to a former Gott target in Xavier Johnson from the DC area
wolfpackfan00
Joey Baker, a 2019 recruit who attends the same high school Dennis attended, says NC State is prioritizing him. Five star talent.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Joey Baker, a 2019 recruit who attends the same high school Dennis attended, says NC State is prioritizing him. Five star talent.
Love, love, love this kid. Played with DSJ and is a stud. I hope we land him and then Carson McCorkle in 2020.
NITStan
In my country is said, good things may await. But a chick which will grow into a cock is spotted the moment that it hatches. So it goes, opines this immigrant.
"In my country is said..."
Fitz
Dunlow,
Love the breakdown of the targets. Thanks for the insight.

I've seen a few of your posts where you seem to be particularly high on McCorkle. I've seen videos of him where he can obviously jump out of the gym, but seeing him play a couple times in person I've noticed that he doesn't really play above the rim or even get to the rim often, but looked more focused as a spot up shooter.

Can you elaborate on what you've seen in his game that you think will fit well in Keatt's system?
Dunlow66
Fitz said:

Dunlow,
Love the breakdown of the targets. Thanks for the insight.

I've seen a few of your posts where you seem to be particularly high on McCorkle. I've seen videos of him where he can obviously jump out of the gym, but seeing him play a couple times in person I've noticed that he doesn't really play above the rim or even get to the rim often, but looked more focused as a spot up shooter.

Can you elaborate on what you've seen in his game that you think will fit well in Keatt's system?
I think he knows his future is outside of the lane. I love how he uses his length to get off shots over defenders( or in their face). He is, IMO, going to stuggle a bit on defense until he gets stronger. I like the idea of a shooter who can just sit on the wing and drain threes. I think this kid can do that.
CedarMaronite
Hey guys

I have been reading your post back to a pack pride and have always wanted to comment but I couldn't.
I am as big as they get Wolfpack fan and I have hope they will win even those times when they are down 30 with 1 sec. I just turned 17 and I love everything about the Wolfpack, I follow and am in love with basketball recruiting heavily.

So let's get down to business

Jarius Hamilton has mentioned in a video earlier this summer that he will most likely decide in the late signing period in the spring.
Has their been any updates since ?

Ayo said he wants to go to a place where he is the lead guard and has the ball in his hand, and with ncsu already being somewhat set at guard, I doubt we land him
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Love, love, love this kid. Played with DSJ and is a stud. I hope we land him and then Carson McCorkle in 2020.

I think McCorkle reclassified to Class of 2021 and transferred to Greensboro Day. I also like McCorkle's game a lot.
CedarMaronite
If anyone is interested, me and a friend have created a twitter page for every single major Ncsu target for basketball...the goal is to get their attention and let them know how important they are and that wpn knows and loves them and we don't want them but we NEED THEM

for example
For jarius Hamilton, his twitter page we created is JariusHamiltonToNcsu (I believe)
And we have tweeted at him but have taken a break since June
He has retweed and liked a few of our tweets which means we have his attention which is perfect

If anyone is interested, let me know

I believe it is JariusHamiltonToNcsu
And the password is always the players name

But I can confirm that later if you guys want

Let me know I'm so excited about this and future of ncsu
Glasswolf
Hahaha...So you are the guys that twitter blasted me! Love it!
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

CedarMaronite
My frienddddddd

And sorry no hard feelings lol
IseWolf22
Glasswolf said:

Hahaha...So you are the guys that twitter blasted me! Love it!
lol
Bulldogwolf27
I really like our recruiting strategy. I hope we can land a view of these big name guys.
EthanBarry
Staff
CedarMaronite
I would assume a class of as high as 7-8
But it will prob be a class of 5 or so with 3 of them maybe a 3-5 type spot and the other 2 being cg or multi guards

Keats said he recruits different as in...he recruits a pg to only be a pg and a center to only be a center

He said the rest he wants them to be multidimensional type players
Which I like

That takes away the score first guards like smith and barber

And that creates your old fanishoned and way better traditional pg like we will soon see

I assume the guards will be to assist
Bigs to rebound
And the 2-4 spots to score
CedarMaronite
Once I finish my ap calculus hw I will make a list of potential targets
But again...no one compares to Mr. Dun
wolverinepack20
CedarMaronite said:

Once I finish my ap calculus hw I will make a list of potential targets
But again...no one compares to Mr. Dun
Reading about the various twitter pages to tweet at players, I was thinking to myself, wonder how old this guy is.... well looks like it's right in the range I thought.
Not saying its a bad thing..... just not something I'd ever do.
Dunlow66
Highly recommend this site for keeping track of NC State targets with offers

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/nc-state
[url=http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/nc-state][/url]
Dunlow66
Two seperate rumors that Braxton Beverly is still a target for '17 and it looks like we have a really good shot. Also some talk about Western Kentucky. This one could see some movement very soon
CedarMaronite
CedarMaronite
CedarMaronite
2018 recruiting list

Point guards:
Jamie Lewis: committed, dealing with injuries but a former espn top45, now in the 80-90 ranger
Elijah weaver-medium, nice slick guard
ayo dosunmo- considering pack but low possibility because he wants to be the guy and main pg
Xavier Johnson-medium, nice slick guard

I would love to see the pack add a bigger and muscular type guard, we have the silky smooth now we need one that can get to the rim with size

Sg:

Keldon Johnson: battle between Maryland and Texas, but hearing ck2 hitting it hard with him and he is considering us highly too, this is the type of kid that fits every centimeter ck2 is looking for a guy into fitting his system

Sf:

Louis king: mutual interest, fits in nicely on the defensive end, type of kid you would see at Louisville or Virginia or Florida that is long and can play d

Jaylen hoard- coach Keats has connections to hoards hs coach, ppl saying this one is for wake, but if we push I think we land him. He reminds me so much of Collins from wake forest...hoard plays for the French national team

Nassir little- similar to king and has nice mutual interest between him and pack

Jarius Hamilton- I wonder who he is ; )

Pf:Immanuel battes, type of kid at Florida, he is a great rim protector and defender but not known for his offense, this is a great 4 year guy that would play for his team from his heart rather then money. Ppl say he is lock but I'm not convinced yet

Center-David M. Not quite sure how he would fit into our system but he is another must have that has excellent work ethic and determination
Mutual interest

One thing I noticed is that Keats other then Immanuel and David, is not going after traditional bigs, he is going for the new type of bigs
Ex: he is going for players like Hamilton and little rather then players like Vanderbilt

These r just some of the kids that r highly ranked and we might have a shot with
Their r still plenty more

Keats as I mentioned earlier wants a traditional point guard and a traditional big that can rebound
And he wants 2-4 to be multidimensional scorers
FlockaWolf
Cedar, Dunlow kind of already went over those guys at the top of this topic and you have a bunch of blank posts? I respect your enthusiasm though.
CedarMaronite
Thank you sir I appreciate it a lot,

I am not sure why they turned into blank copies and I was giving "my opinion" on the targets so we can compare and contrast if u know what I mean

But I'm just a kid what do I know lol
CedarMaronite
I personally don't think we should go after Braxton unless he wants to be a walk on
I have respect for him...however no offense but his size is no where near acc side
He would not work out for an acc team for defens
But just imo
What do u guys think?
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

I personally don't think we should go after Braxton unless he wants to be a walk on
I have respect for him...however no offense but his size is no where near acc side
He would not work out for an acc team for defens
But just imo
What do u guys think?
I think he can be an effective backup PG in the ACC.

I wonder if he would be open to redshirting for a year to help space out the PG scholarships a bit.
CedarMaronite
Their we go Mr. Dun...I agree with you I would love to bring him on if he is willing to red shirt
But we still need like u said another guard preferably a bigger and "stronger" one than batts and JohnsonOne that can use his size for example to get to the rim
CedarMaronite
Do u guys think that Kirk will be the surprise player and earn major minitues? How does he fit in ck2 style vs. gott
I remember him licking us then Kentucky offered right after, but I would imagine he would be a great fit in this new system

Dun, is yurt going to fit in the system or is he not "fit" or "fast"for this type of system?

These could be our "new" recruits
MainePack79
Dunlow, thanks for your insights. I'm just excited to see a team that is willing to play defense.
Last Page
Page 1 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.