Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,440 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad to see him Finally get an NCSU offer.....others could have moved in front of us on this one. Kid has a LOT of potential

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 5h5 hours ago

6'8 2019 Greg Gantt of Trinity Christian (NC) / Team Felton has now been offered by NC State
Bulldogwolf27
His game really reminds me of a young Gary Clark. So I know dunlow has to really like his game. Greg and Patrick Williams would be the two guys I would zero in on in this class if you are only taking two kids.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

His game really reminds me of a young Gary Clark. So I know dunlow has to really like his game. Greg and Patrick Williams would be the two guys I would zero in on in this class if you are only taking two kids.
Still think we are in a good position with Josh Nickleberry in '19
nryanh94
I've wanted Gantt for a long time, I think this kid is going to be a very special talent and the type that we'll kick ourselves for if we do t get. Really hoping we get a class of Nickleberry and Gantt. From what I've heard had we offered Gantt sometime last year we'd be in a very good position to land him, but offering this late has allowed teams like VT and now Louisville to build a really strong relationship with him that idk that we can overcome.

Nickleberry I've heard is pretty much between us and Louisville, it's going to be hard for us if both Bryce and Daniels stay after this year. If one of them leaves early I feel like Josh will be close to a lock for us.
WOLFDAC
We are behind with Gantt for sure...but have also heard he really wanted an offer from the Pack...Keatts can close a deal and will have to make up some ground and maybe mend a fence or two.
nryanh94
One thing that's been really interesting to me is it seems like Keatts isn't afraid to wait a long time to offer a kid and see if he develops vs. Gott would usually offer early on if they were a top 100 type recruit. Will be interesting to see if the approach hurts or helps recruiting.

On one side it's less likely we'll end up with the seventh woods type players who peak early the. Don't really pan out, but on the other side you could have the situation like Gary Clark where the player feels slow played
nryanh94
WOLFDAC said:

We are behind with Gantt for sure...but have also heard he really wanted an offer from the Pack...Keatts can close a deal and will have to make up some ground and maybe mend a fence or two.

What're you hearing on the Nickelberry front, DAC?
PicklePacker
New transfer name to possibly watch out for....

Jadon Cohee PG from Southern Utah. This past year he scored 21 points at Oregon State, 24 at UNLV, and 12 at Michigan State. Looks like he may be more of a scoring PG than a facilitator. I noticed he and Siddle are recent twitter followers of each other.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

New transfer name to possibly watch out for....

Jadon Cohee PG from Southern Utah. This past year he scored 21 points at Oregon State, 24 at UNLV, and 12 at Michigan State. Looks like he may be more of a scoring PG than a facilitator. I noticed he and Siddle are recent twitter followers of each other.
Not really excited about this one. lesser Sam Hunt
PackDaddy
Grad transfer or traditional?
PicklePacker
PackDaddy said:

Grad transfer or traditional?
grad
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Arent we full on schols now?
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Arent we full on schols now?

Not with Batts leaving
PackDaddy
I hope we get a grad transfer gaurd with Battts' scholarship. I don't think Keatts is one to leave an empty spot on the bench.
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
I dont get it tho why isnt it reported that batts is gone ?
WolfPacker54

I dont get it tho why isnt it reported that batts is gone ?
It has been reported several times on this site. Just not officially announced yet.
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Ok. Everything is talk and rumors till its official...maybe its good bc we can get that kentucky dude
nryanh94

Ok. Everything is talk and rumors till its official...maybe its good bc we can get that kentucky dude

It's been confirmed by quite a few people, not really a rumor at this point.

Still think UNC for Killeya-Jones
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Doesnt have to be ghe kentucky kid could be someone else i think this is a positive
nryanh94

Doesnt have to be ghe kentucky kid could be someone else i think this is a positive

Imagine it'd be a grad transfer or we might hold the scholarship to use for 2019
WOLFDAC
My camp says we're still good with Nickelberry ...I have not heard anything about us being leapfrogged.
WolfpackSI
Assuming we bring in a GT for the Scholly that Batts is currently occupying then that leaves us with a minimum of 2 scholarships(Dorn,Grad Transfer joe smith). I would be shocked if Markell returns for his senior season.

Moore, Nickleberry, Gantt would be a dream class.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Assuming we bring in a GT for the Scholly that Batts is currently occupying then that leaves us with a minimum of 2 scholarships(Dorn,Grad Transfer joe smith). I would be shocked if Markell returns for his senior season.

I'd love that class as well but think you'd be more likely with Patrick Williams, Nickleberry and maybe a PG that hasn't been identified
Packfan8
Can also throw in Withers from North Meck l, I'm not sure how we stand with him but I played against him in summer last year and he has a really smooth game
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Seems like Moore looks more and more like a Dukie to me.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Can also throw in Withers from North Meck l, I'm not sure how we stand with him but I played against him in summer last year and he has a really smooth game
Need to make up ground
RowanWolf
In addition to Withers, another Charlotte kid that has exploded up the latest rankings is 6'-8" Patrick Williams from West Charlotte, currently a top 50 player. Anyone know how we stand with him?
NatePait94
We are on him like white on rice
wolfpackfan00

"Coach Kevin Keatts did a great job in his first year and I think he will continue to win. That's a great program."

"The only official I have set for right now is the first week in September to NC State. The rest of the dates I am still working on."
NatePait94
Not much beef in that article
RowanWolf
We made Moore's final 5! That's all the beef necessary at the moment.

His plans for his Senior HS season are equally intriguing.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

We made Moore's final 5! That's all the beef necessary at the moment.

His plans for his Senior HS season are equally intriguing.
Yall are aware that Duke just hired a new asst coach with ties to Moore.

Chris Carrawell's son, Caleb, went to Cox Mill with Moore and is a potential HM prospect, but not quite at Moore's level.
RowanWolf
Caleb is SoCon/Big South level.

Moore to State is a long, long shot. But, don't count KK out.

Heck, as long as he doesn't go to Cheater Hill. I know some Cheat fans that will be down right suicidal if he doesn't go to Cheater Hill.

NC is really top heavy for the Class of '19. But, not as much depth as years past. If we can get 2 or 3 of Moore, Nickelberry, Withers, Williams, and Gantt I'd be ecstatic.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Caleb is SoCon/Big South level.

Moore to State is a long, long shot. But, don't count KK out.

Heck, as long as he doesn't go to Cheater Hill. I know some Cheat fans that will be down right suicidal if he doesn't go to Cheater Hill.

NC is really top heavy for the Class of '19. But, not as much depth as years past. If we can get 2 or 3 of Moore, Nickelberry, Withers, Williams, and Gantt I'd be ecstatic.
Id put my money on Nickelberry and Williams....as it stands right now. I am sure things will change a few times between now and signing day.
PicklePacker
nm
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.