Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,031 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

And according to IC unc hasn't even contacted him yet

I had a guy that I trust tell me they reached out to him over the summer.

Not saying that guy is lying but Roy wouldn't let this fly he cares more about the integrity of the game than that. Now his integrity for academics is different

I'm hoping there's some sarcasm in there lol
Packfan8
nryanh94
I think the "guarantees pg minutes" thing is gonna scare away a lot of schools. Don't know that he's a for here either with Moore, Hayes and Breon for next year
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

I think the "guarantees pg minutes" thing is gonna scare away a lot of schools. Don't know that he's a for here either with Moore, Hayes and Breon for next year

Rodney Purvis also wanted guaranteed pg minutes and look at how that worked for him
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

Rodney Purvis also wanted guaranteed pg minutes and look at how that worked for him

All I know is this team seems to have good chemistry, I'd hate to bring in a guy who is demanding he play a certain position and who quit on his team mid season and disrupt any of that.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

All I know is this team seems to have good chemistry, I'd hate to bring in a guy who is demanding he play a certain position and who quit on his team mid season and disrupt any of that.

I agree he's a talent just not a pg with his skills
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

Ya, agreed. But I will also say that Keatts and the rest of the coaching staff seem to manage personalties much better than Gott, Lowe, or Herb. I think Keatts has proven that he can bring in questionable guys and get them in line. Probably comes with the territory of being a prep coach. Probably a big reason why we aren't seeing the major roster attrition that we had in the past, especially under Gott.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
I feel like taking Mills while he's a good player will impact us negatively. He's clearly not happy at Houston with his playing time decreasing, wants to be the main point guard when we probably have 2-3 players that will be on our roster next year that are better suited to run the point. Could just create a chaotic locker room or make someone leave
OldTuffy
You all are also under the presumption that him demanding point guard minutes isn't completely made up.
Packfan8
OldTuffy said:

You are also under the presumption that him demanding point guard minutes isn't completely made up.

That comes from IC staff that have said UNC has yet to reach out
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

OldTuffy said:

You are also under the presumption that him demanding point guard minutes isn't completely made up.

That comes from IC staff that have said UNC has yet to reach out

So, yeah it's probably completely made up then. Haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Dunlow66
Bas2020 said:

Dunlow66 said:

OT

Jalen Cone lit up Louisville in a 2 point loss. Had 23 points in 29 minutes and went 6-12 from 3 point land.

Jaylen Withers started for Lousiville. He scored 16 and had 12 rebounds. Still a redshirt freshman

Yall see what kind of talent we have and how Coach Keatts tries to identify 'in state' players and target them. I hope we land more and more of these.

Both those guys would have helped us if we landed them.
I love Cone as well, but having Cone right now would mean no Shak Moore.

We can't sign every single in-state guy. This state produces a lot of talent and at times it is going to go elsewhere based upon numbers.

and that wasnt the point

The point was Coach saw the talent in those two kids and tried to recruit them. Im not sure the previous staff would have.

And I dont think Cone would have blocked Shak with them being in separate classes. Shak isnt scared of competition or he would not have committed to State with Hayes already on board.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
I think we get a shot to win him over...but likely going elsewhere soon.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

If I'm Keatts I'm selling Manny's development and Oliver Sarr's regression
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Im not sure they could ever play together with our style of offense.

Both are very much 'low post' players on offense and 'C' on defense.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Im not sure they could ever play together with our style of offense.

Both are very much 'low post' players on offense and 'C' on defense.

Yeah. I don't think they can either. But I also don't think Manny will be here more than a year longer.
Packfan8
Top 3 of Kentucky, Miami and NC State for Wvu transfer Illinois and Arizona state are involved but haven't set a virtual visit with him
nryanh94
FlockaWolf
Packfan8
Glad we have an available scholarship because it puts us in position to potentially get a mid year transfer
Packfan8
Oscar wants to enroll right away. Miami doesn't have a scholarship available right away. Us and Kentucky do have an available scholarship
nryanh94
Packfan8
I think Oscar will go to Kentucky. At the McDonald's all American game he said if he hadn't commit to wvu that he would have gone to Kentucky
nryanh94
Well. uK can't take him AND Mills lol
Packfan8
Mills has a strong desire of being close to home. Plus he has a parent moving to Atlanta so I don't think Mills will go any further north than Virginia or south of Georgia
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Mills has a strong desire of being close to home. Plus he has a parent moving to Atlanta so I don't think Mills will go any further north than Virginia or south of Georgia

Think Tenn might be the spot
RDUwolfpack
Gotta think UK's record compared to ours helps. Who wants to go to a team with no chance at NCAA?
Packfan8

Rumors say Miami was tampering but I still think Uk makes more sense
FlockaWolf
We arguably have two of the top bigs in the ACC so I think Coach Keatts & Johnson are a huge selling point. I mention Johnson bc I remember he being the guy that works with the bigs mostly.
Packfan8
FlockaWolf said:

We arguably have two of the top bigs in the ACC so I think Coach Keatts & Johnson are a huge selling point. I mention Johnson bc I remember he being the guy that works with the bigs mostly.

The problem is you can play both Dj and Bates together doesn't really work with Oscar and Bates on the floor together
Packfan8

There goes that lol
Bas2020
Packfan8 said:

There goes that lol

UNC doesn't have a ship unless he waits til summer to transfer . Crazy reading IC how much they are throwing Caleb Love under the bus .
nryanh94
Don't think we get either of these kids.

Side note: Breon scored 34 tonight
Dunlow66
Bas2020 said:

Packfan8 said:

There goes that lol

UNC doesn't have a ship unless he waits til summer to transfer . Crazy reading IC how much they are throwing Caleb Love under the bus .
How much you wanna bet some kind of financial aid becomes availble due to COVID even if UNC doesnt have a BBall scholarship at the end of the semester.

or one of their current guys moves on
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.