Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,806 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
FlockaWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice, we made it with Arkansas, providence, Texas A&M, Florida and VT.
nryanh94
FlockaWolf said:

Even if we lose out on Green. If we can get Epps and Rice that will be a hell of a talent upgrade over 3 years time
wolfpackjb
nryanh94 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Even if we lose out on Green. If we can get Epps and Rice that will be a hell of a talent upgrade over 3 years time

We have a legit shot with Rice? Dude's a baller
nryanh94
wolfpackjb said:

nryanh94 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Everything I've seen/heard says he really really likes Keatts. The caveat is if Duke offers he is going there.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Green hasn't looked that great so far this high school season. At Christ he struggled and now at his new school he didn't play well vs Greensboro day
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackjb said:

nryanh94 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Everything I've seen/heard says he really really likes Keatts. The caveat is if Duke offers he is going there.

This would be keatts best recruit. Watching oak hill on tv a couple weeks ago he looked legit. I hope his knee injury scares off the big boys
Dunlow66
Dont underestimate Providence on this one. Former Boo Williams coach is on the Prov staff and does very well with kids from Virginia.

ETA- Talking about Epps
Dunlow66
Just think.....not too long ago we were discussing Shakeel Moore as an unknown prospect who may or may not have the talent to play in the ACC
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Just think.....not too long ago we were discussing Shakeel Moore as an unknown prospect who may or may not have the talent to play in the ACC

Coach is a great evaluator of talent. He's gonna start crushing it really really soon.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

I thought both Cam and Shak played extremely well last night. I truly don't understand why BB is running the point last night. Our veteran players blew leads at the end of both halves
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

He played really well last night. Hayes played well as well but it was hard to get him many minutes after being out for so long. I hope 2022 nc guys and beyond are taking notice of what keatts is doing now with in state kids.
Dunlow66
I bet a few eyes were opened. Get more wins like this and kids will be lining up to play for NC State and Coach Keatts. If we just do well recruting kids from NC/VA.....we could be consistent Top 25.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

I bet a few eyes were opened. Get more wins like this and kids will be lining up to play for NC State and Coach Keatts. If we just do well recruting kids from NC/VA.....we could be consistent Top 25.

Agreed. There are so many talented kids from our area. Enough to power our team to be really good. We see it every year with kids going out of state that become really really good players.
Packfan8
Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Agreed. There are so many talented kids from our area. Enough to power our team to be really good. We see it every year with kids going out of state that become really really good players.

And those guys always play well vs us unc, Duke, etc because it just means so much to prove the nc coaches wrong
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

And those guys always play well vs us unc, Duke, etc because it just means so much to prove the nc coaches wrong
I feel like Cam would have had a huge game if he got more PT. He was having such a good game especially in the setting of not playing in a few weeks. I hope he makes Roy regret overlooking him for the next 4 years.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
HungryWolf92
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I feel like Cam would have had a huge game if he got more PT. He was having such a good game especially in the setting of not playing in a few weeks. I hope he makes Roy regret overlooking him for the next 4 years.

I think cam being here 4 years is unrealistic lol. Judging by how mature his game is I could see him making a big jump after his Soph year.
WolfpackSI
HungryWolf92 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I think cam being here 4 years is unrealistic lol. Judging by how mature his game is I could see him making a big jump after his Soph year.

Ya hence the "i hope" but youre probably right. Hes here 3 years max realistically
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolfpackjb
WolfpackSI said:

HungryWolf92 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Ya hence the "i hope" but youre probably right. Hes here 3 years max realistically

All I know is, Cam and Shak is gonna be a REALLY good starting backcourt next year!
Packfan8
Miami seems like the most likely landing spot for Paul Atkinson. Closest to home and most playing time available for his position
Packfan8

Possible reclass to 2021. He is lighting it up this season
FlockaWolf
I think previously Dun has mentioned us as a long shot. Is this still the case?
Dunlow66
OT....

Josh Hall got a minute of PT last night for OK City and missed his only shot.

Active roster as a rookie. Looks like maybe he made a good decision, at least so far anyway.
Dunlow66
2 way deals this season are worth a flat salary of 449k thanks to COVID season restrictions, no matter how many days a player spends on the NBA parent franchise roster.

Not a bad deal(IMO), especially with how the college season is shaping up so far.
James Henderson
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

OT....

Active roster as a rookie. Looks like maybe he made a good decision, at least so far anyway.
He ultimately made the best possible decision.

Going to college was risky for him IMO.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

OT....

Lecque played like 2 games all of last year so Hall being active early is pretty good for him especially since nba teams can only have 13 players active each game I believe
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

OT....

Lecque played like 2 games all of last year so Hall being active early is pretty good for him especially since nba teams can only have 13 players active each game I believe
2 way players are different. I think they can have 15 now with the addition of those types of contracts
Dunlow66
OT

Cam Thomas is killing it at LSU. Averaging 24 PPG so far.

We discussed him a lot on this site and I said I thought he was the best pure scorer in the class. He has not disappointed.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

OT

We discussed him a lot on this site and I said I thought he was the best pure scorer in the class. He has not disappointed.

Was thinking about him the other night. Is he in a PG role? I thought that was what he wanted and what drew him away from us?
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

OT

Was thinking about him the other night. Is he in a PG role? I thought that was what he wanted and what drew him away from us?
He isnt a PG. Scoring guard and a very very good one.

I think maybe playing Coach Keatts style of defense was more of an issue. Not really much of a defensive guy...at least not yet.
1985 NCSU Grad
Josh playing 1 minute in the 3 games men's very little. He has been kept on due to his size and a certain people stuck their neck out to sign him to the 2-way contract.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Josh playing 1 minute in the 3 games men's very little. He has been kept on due to his size and a certain people stuck their neck out to sign him to the 2-way contract.
Most thought he would play 0 minutes this season.

Also gets him a year of service which can turn into a decent pension package. Only takes three years to begin qualifying. After that each year of service pays more.

A 62-year-old who played 10 or more years in the NBA will earn over $215,000 annually from his pension. For comparison, "a 10-year NFL veteran who retired prior to 1993 receives [a pension] of approximately $30,000-40,000 a year, pretax, at age 55," according to the San Francisco Chronicle. (The minimum that a retired NBA player will receive at age-62 is $56,988 annually, and that's just for someone with three years of service).
Packfan8
Apparently deante green will announce in the next month he is reclassifying to 2021.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Apparently deante green will announce in the next month he is reclassifying to 2021.

Could bode well for us, think UNC will keep most of this years team
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Could bode well for us, think UNC will keep most of this years team

This came from an Instagram comment (not from Green) that was since deleted so I'm not sure if it's true or not but I felt the need to share
metcalfmafia
Does the commenter have connections?
First Page Last Page
Page 322 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.