Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,238 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ZAXPACK15 said:

He was my favorite player we signed in that class. He could have done some damage in KK's system but things turned out pretty good for him at Nova.
Felt the same way. Funny thing is he turned down Miami and then reneged on his commitment to us because of an NCAA investigation that would not have really impacted his career.

I thought he would be a great fit for us at the Stretch 4 spot.
TheStorm
WolfpackSI said:

Wlfpacka7 said:

Weren't we pretty close to landing Sadiq Bey?

Committed and signed but never made it to campus.
Let's be honest.

He signed an LOI with us, but Wright continued recruiting him anyway and talked him out of coming here. Used your basic fear-mongering that is a staple of liberal politics...
Dunlow66
Jake
@jakeweingarten
Kansas' Bill Self is slated to speak with Top-75 junior Roosevelt Wheeler this evening, a source told
@Stockrisers

. NC State, Louisville, amongst others in pursuit.
WolfpackSI
Forbes the new man at Wake
Packfan8
TheStorm said:

WolfpackSI said:

Wlfpacka7 said:

Let's be honest.

He signed an LOI with us, but Wright continued recruiting him anyway and talked him out of coming here. Used your basic fear-mongering that is a staple of liberal politics...

Not true tho. He initially tried to go to a team in the acc but was denied a waiver from the acc
WolfpackSI

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

TheStorm said:

WolfpackSI said:

Wlfpacka7 said:

Let's be honest.

Not true tho. He initially tried to go to a team in the acc but was denied a waiver from the acc
You really don't think that was a predetermined move? Wake? C'mon man...
Packfan8
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

TheStorm said:

WolfpackSI said:

Wlfpacka7 said:

Let's be honest.

You really don't think that was a predetermined move? Wake? C'mon man...

Not at all....it took over a month for him to commit and he committed two days after getting denied from going to bc, wake and Pitt who were recruiting him. He decommitted because he was afraid of the fbi stuff. Which could you blame him at the time?
TriangleDreamer
TheStorm said:

WolfpackSI said:

Wlfpacka7 said:

Let's be honest.

ftfy
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00
nryanh94 said:

Smh....
Bulldogwolf27
On to the next. That's why you always recruit like coach Keatts does. I wish Josh luck, but looking forward to who we can find for the open scholarship.
WolfpackSI
Cant say we didn't see that coming.

"We coming" my ass lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ClePack
I feel like keatts will never hit his stride here, as long as this keeps happening. It's some of the same stuff Gott had to deal with.
jbwbubba
Just unbelievable. Meanwhile top ten guys are turning them down.
Packfan8
jbwbubba said:

He's going to the draft not g league
Bulldogwolf27
Honestly I would fee better if it was to the g league team. At least I knew he would give himself a chance to showcase his talent to get drafted.
Packfan8
Any transfers that we would be willing to take. Probably would do best to have a player sit out a year
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Any transfers that we would be willing to take. Probably would do best to have a player sit out a year

Willing to take? We've missed out on every single one thus far. At this point we would be lucky for a Danny Dixon 2.0 to take us.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ClePack
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Willing to take? We've missed out on every single one thus far. At this point we would be lucky for a Danny Dixon 2.0 to take us.
Another year like last. Yay.
Packfan8
ClePack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Another year like last. Yay.

Y'all need to calm down lol we still have a top 25 class. Talent coming in as well as seabron and Allen coming off of redshirt years
Dennis Smith III
we were at the scholarship limit until tonight lol how were we supposed to take a transfer before now
prspat0902
Not surprised by this, and it means little to me regarding next year's team. He may have been great or could have underachieved. We will never know. Hard to miss someone that never played and I never really thought he would come in next year and lead the team. Now Funderburke and Daniels on the other hand are much more crucial to this team's success.
Packfan8
prspat0902 said:

Not surprised by this, and it means little to me regarding next year's team. He may have been great or could have underachieved. We will never know. Hard to miss someone that never played and I never really thought he would come in next year and lead the team. Now Funderburke and Daniels on the other hand are much more crucial to this team's success.

Both are more valuable. We need funderburk back and then we can do whatever with the last scholarship. We could just eat it for the self imposed scholarship reduction
WolvesWinNow
DJ and Devon are the keys to next year. It wasn't Hall.

Even with Hall leaving I love the incoming class. Moore and Hayes can be special. Ebenezer had potential to be a solid 4 year guy. And I think we might be looking back and saying how the hell did other programs miss out on Farrar. All 4 guys play hard, all 4 want to be here. Add in Allen and I'm excited to see what Keatts does with them.

Hopefully there is a season and this virus stuff will be over.
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

jbwbubba said:

I guess he might actually get drafted, but seriously who really knows? It's far more likely that he doesn't and gets pushed into the G league - possibly never to be heard from again. Playing a year in college would have given him more overall exposure in my opinion... but with immediate real money on the table now this is going to be happening more and more often. Pretty soon all the top guys will automatically be doing it.
williewolf
Packfan8 said:

maybe ross can take the spot?
IseWolf22
Packfan8 said:

prspat0902 said:

Both are more valuable. We need funderburk back and then we can do whatever with the last scholarship. We could just eat it for the self imposed scholarship reduction

Just eat it. We aren't landing an impact guy right now. We have plenty of depth. The season may be a weird one with Coivid anyways.
Just take the lump now and give the NCAA the finger if they ask for anything else

Edit to ad ld that if we lose anyone else, go get someone. But as long as we have 12 guys, just give up #13
NCSU1995
I wonder if no Hall makes it more likely that Daniels stays. Maybe Funderburk too.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

jbwbubba said:

Probably both
Dunlow66
NCSU1995 said:

I wonder if no Hall makes it more likely that Daniels stays. Maybe Funderburk too.
I think Fundy may be leaning towards coming back.
Bulldogwolf27
If DJ does come back that still leaves us in a great spot with the roster. I still think we have enough talent for a top 5 finish in the league. Seabron and Hellems get more minutes at the 3. We can still make a lot of noise without Josh. He was gonna be like Julius his freshman year at best.
Dunlow66
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello

4m
BREAKING: Wake Forest center Olivier Sarr is entering the transfer portal, he tells ESPN.

He plans to apply for a waiver to play immediately next season. The 7-footer was All-ACC after averaging 13.7 PPG and 9.0 RPG.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello

4m
BREAKING: Wake Forest center Olivier Sarr is entering the transfer portal, he tells ESPN.

He plans to apply for a waiver to play immediately next season. The 7-footer was All-ACC after averaging 13.7 PPG and 9.0 RPG.

Doubt we take another center but would be a hell of a snag
SexualChocolate
Sarr looked dominant at times.
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.