Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,425 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HungryWolf92 said:

Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo

Weird timing but keatts he must really like keatts. I just hope it wasn't him falling in love too quick and he changed his mind later
Didn't Ross have the option to reclassify? I could be thinking of someone else.
Think he did! Let's see what happens
nryanh94
Holy Hell, lets freaking go!
WolfpackSI
HOLY **** LETS GOOOOOO
Packfan8
ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo

Weird timing but keatts he must really like keatts. I just hope it wasn't him falling in love too quick and he changed his mind later

Hope not i don't think he is but that would make him eligible for 2021 draft
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo

Think y'all are thinking of Efton Reid
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo

Think y'all are thinking of Efton Reid
whoops. Yep. Same initials, lol
Dunlow66
Huge pickup for 2021. Keatts flexing!

Gonna be very interesting to see if Ross or Styles becomes the better ACC PF
nryanh94
What Eric Bossi has to say last week:

Ranked just inside of the national top 50, Ross is a big, fluid and athletic four-man who has teased with his high-level upside. Based on some junior year film I've watched, I think he was on the verge of putting it all together. If he turns potential into production he's a potential five-star talent and turns into a guy who is a must-watch for head coaches.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

All depends on development, from what I've read (because there doesn't seem to be much film on Ross for me to watch) he has a much higher upside, but I'd imagine styles with his motor has a more immediate impact if he gets to play. That is a big ? For me though because I don't think Styles fits in UNCs system as a small ball 4, so will Roy try to turn him into a 3?
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo
Wait? Is this for real? How did that happen so quickly?
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's goooooo
Wait? Is this for real? How did that happen so quickly?

Because of Keatts and Roy MFing Roberson!!!!!
TheStorm
nryanh94 said:

Ranked just inside of the national top 50, Ross is a big, fluid and athletic four-man who has teased with his high-level upside. Based on some junior year film I've watched, I think he was on the verge of putting it all together. If he turns potential into production he's a potential five-star talent and turns into a guy who is a must-watch for head coaches.
The rankings I'm looking at has Ross at 43 and Styles at 57. Nice backup plan apparently.
RowanWolf
Welcome to the Pack!

If Mr Bossi is right and you get that 5th star, don't be swayed when the blue bloods come calling.
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

The rankings I'm looking at has Ross at 43 and Styles at 57. Nice backup plan apparently.

Everything I've read (mostly other recruiting sites) says Ross has incredible upside (NBA level) but a very low floor. So it'll fall on him to put in the work and Keatts to guide him. But I'm excited about this pick up.

Very short clip, but:
nryanh94
From Bossi this morning:

Kevin Keatts continues to roll on the recruiting trail.

He and his staff at North Carolina State currently hold the No. 7 ranked recruiting class in 2020 and after Sunday night's commitment from top 50 forward Ernest Ross, the Pack's 2021 class has an early ranking of No. 6 nationally.

So, what should State fans expect from Ross? They should have pretty high expectations.

While Ross is far from a finished product, I absolutely love the athletic 6-foot-9 forward's upside. He runs the floor extremely well, he's a pogo stick around the rim and while he's still lean he has the exact type of frame with good shoulders and long arms that you like to see in a high end prospect. He's not yet a knockdown shooter, but he's also got a lot of promise as somebody who can stretch the floor and his shot looks pretty sound.

He's built to play the type of high octane hoops Keatts wants to play.

Ross joins North Carolina combo guard Terquavion Smith -- also a member of the 2021 Rivals150 -- as an early member of State's class. Smith is also a big-time athlete and built to play fast. Needless to say, things are looking good in Raleigh on the recruiting front.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

All depends on development, from what I've read (because there doesn't seem to be much film on Ross for me to watch) he has a much higher upside, but I'd imagine styles with his motor has a more immediate impact if he gets to play. That is a big ? For me though because I don't think Styles fits in UNCs system as a small ball 4, so will Roy try to turn him into a 3?

Sounds a lot like the problem Roy had with Nassir Little. Nassir had the added problem that he has a low bball iq
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

Everything I've read (mostly other recruiting sites) says Ross has incredible upside (NBA level) but a very low floor. So it'll fall on him to put in the work and Keatts to guide him. But I'm excited about this pick up.

Very short clip, but:

His arms are so long. Maybe be he even grows an inch or two but he definitely needs some more muscle which will come over time
NCSUWolfPack92
Ross reminds me a little bit of Harry Giles. Not as polished as Giles was at 16, but similar size and style.
Packfan8

Ross seems like a good example of why we should be glad there wasn't aau this year. He could have really blown up with more offers but it's pretty incredible to beat out schools that were so close to him
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Ross seems like a good example of why we should be glad there wasn't aau this year. He could have really blown up with more offers but it's pretty incredible to beat out schools that were so close to him

I'm hoping the same thing helps us land Wheeler
Packfan8

Here's actual game footage. I wouldn't call him a 3 point shooter but he is capable if left open
gopack_83
Packfan8 said:

This video really highlights his potential
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

when Ross committed last night I thought that would make wheeler not an option but they are totally different players. Ross plays like wants to be a 4 while wheeler is a true big.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Here's actual game footage. I wouldn't call him a 3 point shooter but he is capable if left open

Has a nice looking stroke for a big man, thing that stands out to me is despite his length and athleticism he doesn't force dunks, he uses the glass or floats it in when needed, he's got some nice touch around the rim.
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

when Ross committed last night I thought that would make wheeler not an option but they are totally different players. Ross plays like wants to be a 4 while wheeler is a true big.
Totally different players and about 70 plus pounds different too. lol
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Let's put it this way, Wheeler is 50 lbs heavier and is gonna dunk everything and block every shot you throw at him. Would be perfect to split minutes with Manny
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Awesome video. Really shows how well rounded he's aiming to have his game be. Can def play aside a true big.
wolfpackjb
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Haven't heard much buzz about him recently. We still got a good shot?
nryanh94
wolfpackjb said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Haven't heard much buzz about him recently. We still got a good shot?

I think not having a summer circuit has helped a lot. I have no idea where his mind is at, but if I had to guess I'd say it is a State and Louisville battle with Kansas looming.

He has taken an OV here and completed virtual visits with us, Louisville and vcu over the recent weeks
WolfpackSI
UNC adds Kerwin Walton to their already stacked 2020 class
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

with Kansas looming.

dammit
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

UNC adds Kerwin Walton to their already stacked 2020 class
He looks like Daryl Philbin's sister from the office...
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

with Kansas looming.

dammit

I don't think they are pursuing that hard at the moment.
ClePack
Halls decision is coming soon.
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

Halls decision is coming soon.
Like today soon?
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.