Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,287 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

PicklePacker said:

If we can't land two of Thomas, Hayes, Moore or Hall, then we've got some serious problems on the recruiting front. It's not like our current roster is loaded with elite talent that would keep any of those guys from getting immediate PT.

Have you talked to Halls father recently? If so are we in good position or no?
As a matter of fact yes. I just did. I responded to a tweet about the blue bloods not offering Josh. His dad sent me a private message after I tweeted it saying.....

"Thanks a lot man "

"NC state gives us what I want unc and duke twice"

I actually think we are the slight fav over Louisville atm.

Sounds good to me
WolfpackSI

Can someone translate? Lol
Packfan8
I read that as "I like nc state". but maybe his son doesn't feel the same way
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

I read that as "I like nc state". but maybe his son doesn't feel the same way

I read it as State shows them twice the amount of attention as he'd like to see from duke and UNC
Packfan8
That makes sense. Well as of right non we are the only school in the triangle that have offered and to me he seems like a guy that wants to stay in the state
Wolfblood
I read it as UNC and Duke didn't want Josh or think he was worthy of an offer so by choosing NC State he will be able to shove it down their throats twice a year as he leads the pack to a complete beat down of the blue bloods on his way to an ACC championship with the pack..

Yeah, I'm going with that.
Packfan8
Wolfblood said:

I read it as UNC and Duke didn't want Josh or think he was worthy of an offer so by choosing NC State he will be able to shove it down their throats twice a year as he leads the pack to a complete beat down of the blue bloods on his way to an ACC championship with the pack..

Weeks ago someone asked about unc and he said "unc doesn't like me anymore" and then someone asked about duke and he said "never heard from them" so I don't think either will offer unless they miss a few guys
Dunlow66
Josh Hall told Rivals.com earlier this month that he was not planning on signing early and he was set on taking his recruitment into the winter. He might have such intentions in mind, but he also has two official visits scheduled, and each program will try to change Hall's mind and have the five-star commit before leaving campus.

This weekend, Louisville will get the chance to host Hall before he heads to NC State on Sept. 6. Both ACC programs are strong contenders for him. From there, Alabama has a good chance, as do a group of others including Kansas, Miami and Texas. But I also wouldn't be surprised if North Carolina ends up entering the picture if the Tar Heels miss on a few of their top targets. A commitment is not imminent, but there is no shortage of quality suitors that will be hoping to host Hall and then try to nail down a commitment this fall.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-dishing-on-unc-iowa-state-texas-tech
pack1502
Maybe
"NC state gives us what I want playing unc & duke twice"
PicklePacker
pack1502 said:

Maybe

ding ding ding. winner. he's saying he wants to shove it back in duke and unc's faces twice a year. showing them what they missed out on.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

pack1502 said:

Maybe

ding ding ding. winner. he's saying he wants to shove it back in duke and unc's faces twice a year. showing them what they missed out on.

Sweet I'll take that. Finally we get a guy pissed off at then rather than players going to BC and being pissed at us
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

PicklePacker said:

If we can't land two of Thomas, Hayes, Moore or Hall, then we've got some serious problems on the recruiting front. It's not like our current roster is loaded with elite talent that would keep any of those guys from getting immediate PT.

Have you talked to Halls father recently? If so are we in good position or no?
As a matter of fact yes. I just did. I responded to a tweet about the blue bloods not offering Josh. His dad sent me a private message after I tweeted it saying.....

"Thanks a lot man "

I actually think we are the slight fav over Louisville atm.
I just dont think he is that close to Louisville. I think they have to 'sell' it to Hall and we still have a great shot with him.
ClePack
Wolfblood said:

Honestly, I actually interpreted it as this, as well. Seems to me like he wants his son playing the best and getting a chance to beat the best.
PicklePacker
Yall read justin byerly's article on Josh Hall? He said he thinks he'll end up at State. And then he goes on to say almost verbatim the exact same thing Hall's dad said to me earlier about being able to play Duke and UNC twice. Leads me to believe Byerly must've gotten his info from Hall's dad, which is very encouraging.

WolfpackSI
I hope the domino start falling soon. Hope we lock up Josh Hall and Shak Moore soon. Save that last scholarship for Thomas or try to get Whitt to re-class. We may be thin at Big though with a class like this.
Packfan8
Hall is in a similar situation to lecque last year and I honestly think that's why the blue bloods are staying away. He's doing a prep year and is eligible for the draft so he's a risky prospect
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Hall is in a similar situation to lecque last year and I honestly think that's why the blue bloods are staying away. He's doing a prep year and is eligible for the draft so he's a risky prospect
Dammit. It would really suck to get burned 3 years in a row..

PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

His dad has made it clear they're treating his situation as a one and done. That may change but I don't think that's why the BB's are staying away.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I dont think Hall is the same type of situation

Lecque has that one outstanding attribute that the NBA values...atheleticism

Hall has a lot of talent but needs to show it on the next level to be a serious NBA draft candidate or free agent that gets a guaranteed deal.

eta...IMO

Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

His dad has made it clear they're treating his situation as a one and done. That may change but I don't think that's why the BB's are staying away.
I've been feeling like Hall will be at State for a few weeks now. Seems to be picking up more momentum as the visits get cranked up.

Would be very impressed with Keatts and Co if they can get Hall to commit early. Love to get at least two of the guys we have set up right now.

I'd still take those three from Moravian and be very excited about the future.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

I've been feeling like Hall will be at State for a few weeks now. Seems to be picking up more momentum as the visits get cranked up.

Would be very impressed with Keatts and Co if they can get Hall to commit early. Love to get at least two of the guys we have set up right now.

I'd still take those three from Moravian and be very excited about the future.
absolutely
Packfan8
You guys are getting me more and more excited about hall. Just can't get my hopes up because of state ****
wolfpacker7
Hall is still biggest want of this class for me. Would be a successful class regardless of other pieces imo
Packfan8
Anyway we get Hall and Thomas or would they both clash as more offensive players
nryanh94

Big group coming in

Quincy Allen is a huge prospect, and Im hearing that he really likes Keatts
nryanh94
Was a long shot for awhile, but we're out of the Mark williams race:

TheStorm
So is this the weekend that Lecque was coming through to visit some people?
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

So is this the weekend that Lecque was coming through to visit some people?

Yeah, think it's big that he, Farrar and Terquavion Smith will all be there.
Struttingwolf96
That is awesome.
nryanh94
Absolutely not worth looking into, but he like adidas lmao:

Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Big group coming in

Quincy Allen is a huge prospect, and Im hearing that he really likes Keatts
I love Ja'Dun's game
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Was a long shot for awhile, but we're out of the Mark williams race:

Honestly...we were never really in it once he reached 'high four star' status
ScoobyWolf

Dunlow66
ScoobyWolf said:

I think he ends up a BC commit
Packfan8
ScoobyWolf said:

We offered last week apparently
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.