Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,225,046 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

From what I've read he can shoot the ball, not expecting much out of him ever but always good to have extra bodies
We need shooters, even if it is only for the scout team.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

From what I've read he can shoot the ball, not expecting much out of him ever but always good to have extra bodies
We need shooters, even if it is only for the scout team.

And who knows maybe he develops into a rotation player off the bench
Packfan8
Keatts and co are watching carter Whitt, they're really recruiting that 2021 class hard
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Keatts and co are watching carter Whitt, they're really recruiting that 2021 class hard

Have 3 guards and a forward to replace in that class:

Daniels, Harris, Beverly, and Funderburke
williewolf
what exactly is preferred walk-on versus non-preferred?
Bulldogwolf27
williewolf said:

Preferred walk on is recruited to walk on. A regular walk up attends an open tryout to make the team and is at the school already.
Packfan8
Cam Hayes will be at the game tomorrow says Corey Evans
williewolf
Jaywolf27 said:

williewolf said:

Preferred walk on is recruited to walk on. A regular walk up attends an open tryout to make the team and is at the school already.
thx..........besides being assured of making the squad is there anything else?

PackFansXL
williewolf said:

Jaywolf27 said:

williewolf said:

thx..........besides being assured of making the squad is there anything else?

He gets to tweet out his commitment.
Packfan8
Hayes has the option next year to reclassify to 2020, man I'm just dreaming of Cam Hayes, Cam Thomas and either Coleman or mark williams for a 2020 class
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Hayes has the option next year to reclassify to 2020, man I'm just dreaming of Cam Hayes, Cam Thomas and either Coleman or mark williams for a 2020 class

Why not all 4?????
Dunlow66
Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels
FollowingFollowing @EvanDaniels
More

Joe Bamisile, who was recently ranked No. 100 in the Top247, is currently taking an unofficial visit to NC State, per a source.
Dunlow66
Va Tech offered Bamisile yesterday
Dunlow66
"Joe's athleticism jumps out at you immediately as does the smoothness of his playmaking style, as if it comes second nature to him! There is nothing on the basketball court he cannot do at a high level but his prolific scoring ability and dynamic playmaking skills often overshadows his elite passing ability and his game changing defensive exploits. As a scorer he is undoubtedly one of the best in Virginia and he has the quickness and skill to get his own shot and dominate in isolations.

Not a dazzling ball handler like some scorers who pound the ball often mixing in various dribble moves to win the one on one; Joe is more conservative with the dribble breaking his man down preferring to use hesitations, quick crossovers and inside out dribble moves to get his defender leaning and then employ his blow by quickness and solid burst to leave defenders in his wake. Doesn't play with the dribble too much, just enough to get his defender leaning or off balance before making his move into the lane where his creativity is most apparent. More of a straight line basket attacking guard, Joe uses excellent craftiness to adjust with the ball in the lane employing jump stops, stop and pivot moves, misdirection steps, and hesitation dribbles to change directions in the lane creating separation for the pull-up jumper or weaving his way to high percentage shot attempts. His pull up jumper is near automatic and the quickness with which he brakes and elevates into his shot makes it nearly impossible to contest"

More on Bamisile:http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoop-report-joe-bamisile/
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

"Joe's athleticism jumps out at you immediately as does the smoothness of his playmaking style, as if it comes second nature to him! There is nothing on the basketball court he cannot do at a high level but his prolific scoring ability and dynamic playmaking skills often overshadows his elite passing ability and his game changing defensive exploits. As a scorer he is undoubtedly one of the best in Virginia and he has the quickness and skill to get his own shot and dominate in isolations.

Not a dazzling ball handler like some scorers who pound the ball often mixing in various dribble moves to win the one on one; Joe is more conservative with the dribble breaking his man down preferring to use hesitations, quick crossovers and inside out dribble moves to get his defender leaning and then employ his blow by quickness and solid burst to leave defenders in his wake. Doesn't play with the dribble too much, just enough to get his defender leaning or off balance before making his move into the lane where his creativity is most apparent. More of a straight line basket attacking guard, Joe uses excellent craftiness to adjust with the ball in the lane employing jump stops, stop and pivot moves, misdirection steps, and hesitation dribbles to change directions in the lane creating separation for the pull-up jumper or weaving his way to high percentage shot attempts. His pull up jumper is near automatic and the quickness with which he brakes and elevates into his shot makes it nearly impossible to contest"

More on Bamisile:http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoop-report-joe-bamisile/
Safe to say the staff has that Virginia pipeline locked down, its good to see especially with how talented that 2020 class is in Virginia
ScoobyWolf
nryanh94
Cam Thomas taking an OV to UCONN this weekend
Packfan8
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

UConn has really fallen off....not sure how long Hurley will need to get them turned around. 10th place in the sucky American is not what those fans are used to.

Goes to show what can happen when you lose a 'hall of fame' coach to retirement.
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

UConn has really fallen off....not sure how long Hurley will need to get them turned around. 10th place in the sucky American is not what those fans are used to.

Goes to show what can happen when you lose a 'hall of fame' coach to retirement.
Kevin Ollie?
Dunlow66
Thunderhill said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Kevin Ollie?
He got that ring...but man what a price he paid.....long term.

Should have stayed in NBA coaching.
WolfPacker54
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I think Hurley is a good coach and can turn it around. He won at Rhode Island and is the American conference really THAT big of a difference from A-10? I'd argue the A-10 might be better right now.
Packfan8
WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I think Hurley is a good coach and can turn it around. He won at Rhode Island and is the American conference really THAT big of a difference from A-10? I'd argue the A-10 might be better right now.

He's got a pretty good 2019 class with 3 4 star commits
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I dont think any of them are top 50 or 60 kids.

UConn used to land 5 star kids quite often and were a big threat to UNC/Duke in recruiting.

Hurley might get them back to there but they are still in a bad conference and the program, IMO, has suffered because of the issues with their football program.

Really should be in the Big East.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I dont think any of them are top 50 or 60 kids.

UConn used to land 5 star kids quite often and were a big threat to UNC/Duke in recruiting.

Hurley might get them back to there but they are still in a bad conference and the program, IMO, has suffered because of the issues with their football program.

Really should be in the Big East.

I know you've talked about smith being good about getting his kids to unofficials, but it still worries me with Thomas that he took his OV so early, especially since we haven't been able to get him back on campus in the 4 months since
Dunlow66
Jalen McDonald (Knightdale) 2021 with the Dunk of the Year.

https://www.highschoolot.com/basketball/boys_basketball/video/18221278/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Dunlow66
Update on Jaden Springer: https://thegrind.press/2019/02/27/top-15-prospect-jaden-springer-talks-recruitment-and-development-at-img/

From the link:

The junior combo guard told me Georgia, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Maryland, Texas, Vanderbilt, Kansas, NC State, Auburn, Tulane, and Clemson have been in contact with him the most recently so far. He has not taken any visits at all during the high school season but will be taking an official visit this weekend to Tennessee as they host top-5 Kentucky. "We're going to the University of Tennessee this weekend and I'm going to schedule two more once Jaden tells me where he wants to go", his mom tells me.

We asked Jaden, since arriving at IMG Acadmey (FL), what he think has improved in his game. "I improved more as a teammate. I have gotten my body in better shape and I feel like my all around game play has been elevated to another level", Jaden says. He is an effective two-way player and is able to make plays on both ends of the floor. Springer is part of a starting lineup that is filled with next level players, including three 2019 McDonald's All Americans. Jaden also tells me he will be running with B Maze Elite (TN) once again in his last year of AAU in the Under Armour Association.

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

https://www.highschoolot.com/basketball/boys_basketball/video/18221278/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Damn, he visited last week I believe. Does he have an offer
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Damn, he visited last week I believe. Does he have an offer
Not yet..but I think Levi has already gotten him an offer from Ole Miss.
Dunlow66
Latest rumor on Chriistian Brown is South Carolina leading with a couple of OVs left for mid-late March.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Latest rumor on Chriistian Brown is South Carolina leading with a couple of OVs left for mid-late March.

Gotta get him on a visit but I'm still a bit skeptical about him. Hopefully oak hill has helped him a lot
Packfan8
Skj has made it official, he is turning pro
Dunlow66
Rick Barnes bringing in a bunch of 2020 and beyond recruits for the upcoming UK game.

Included in that list are NCSU targets Jayden Springer and Jalen Cone.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Skj has made it official, he is turning pro

Yea uh good luck with that

Really sucks that we lost out on both Steere and SKJ. Leaves us with Walker+Fund+ a very raw Manny Bates. We definitely need to hit the grad tranfer market hard for another big.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Christian Brown rumored to be visiting Oklahoma State this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.