4th of July

938 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone got big plans? We stay home and eat and drink. Menu is burger and dogs.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Anyone got big plans? We stay home and eat and drink. Menu is burger and dogs.
Stay at home. Just me and my bride. Going to do some burgers, fries and maybe make a apple cobbler with some Ice Cream. We just stay at home. Dog sitting my daughters Maltipoo while her, her husband and my grandson are in Myrtle Beach. Son is in SF training new explosive sniffing dogs. Couldn't pay me to be on the roads tomorrow night.

Holidays tend to get a little more laid back when the kids move on to the next chapter of their lives.

Happy 4th of July everyone
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
I love me some ice cream. Sounds like a pretty good time.
Oldsouljer
Trying to beat the heat by largely staying inside. Except at midday, I'll probably go out and grill some Whiskey-blood orange chicken over charcoal. Not meaning to usurp the Bourbon thread but I use either Mellow Corn or (preferred) Makers 46 for that. And yes, I know it's very dry outside but idiots with fireworks are more likely to start a fire than my grill is.
wolfbreath
It's supposed to be hot and humid today. I plan to stay inside where it's cool. I don't tolerate heat very well.
packofwolves
Staying home and cooking ribs. Will head out the on lake for fireworks tonight.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
ncsupack1
Happy 4th everyone. It's going to be hot!
FlossyDFlynt
Breakfast on the Blackstone, smash burgers tonight. Otherwise avoiding the heat.

Happy 4th, yall
ncsupack1
I need to get a black stone. How much work is it to keep clean?
FlossyDFlynt
ncsupack1 said:

I need to get a black stone. How much work is it to keep clean?

It not nearly as bad as I expected. It's basically cleaning a large cast iron pot
WolfpackUSC
Pork belly burnt ends and inflatable pool slide.

The truth from my favorite twitter account below.

Oldsouljer
WolfpackUSC said:

Pork belly burnt ends and inflatable pool slide.

The truth from my favorite twitter account below.

I remember that. It was back when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor
GetOffMyLawnPack
Attended annual July 4 cookout in our 'hood. Awakened some yankees here as I fixed a crockpot of homemade hot dog / hamburger chili. Picked up some slaw from Parkers in Wilson when we dined there last night for hot dogs. Diced up some green bell peppers, onions, and sliced 4 'maters.

It was a hoot going through the line and a couple of the yankees spotted me garnishing my hot dog with chili and slaw. They said they had never had that. I advised that this summer could possibly be their "coming of age" as a relocated northern refugee. We all chuckled. Good times!
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Attended annual July 4 cookout in our 'hood. Awakened some yankees here as I fixed a crockpot of homemade hot dog / hamburger chili. Picked up some slaw from Parkers in Wilson when we dined there last night for hot dogs. Diced up some green bell peppers, onions, and sliced 4 'maters.

It was a hoot going through the line and a couple of the yankees spotted me garnishing my hot dog with chili and slaw. They said they had never had that. I advised that this summer could possibly be their "coming of age" as a relocated northern refugee. We all chuckled. Good times!

Love some chili on a dog and burger. What in the world do northerners put on their hotdogs? lol
Wolfer79
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Love some chili on a dog and burger. What in the world do northerners put on their hotdogs? lol
When we lived just outside of Chicago, you could not get chili, nevermind slaw, on a hot dog. They have a term, "drag through the garden" that consisted of peppers, onion, sometimes diced tomato, onions. But no chili. Nathan's in NJ offers chili, but nothing like southern chili.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

When we lived just outside of Chicago, you could not get chili, nevermind slaw, on a hot dog. They have a term, "drag through the garden" that consisted of peppers, onion, sometimes diced tomato, onions. But no chili. Nathan's in NJ offers chili, but nothing like southern chili.

Interesting. I gotta have some chili on a dog. Now the peppers and onions I can see on brat but not a hotdog.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.