Stock Picks

447 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by wolf howl
Pack9RVA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Brickyard had a good thread going - before they locked it with VIP access. Anybody eyeing anything good?

There's a twitter handle (The pelosi stock tracker ) that follows politician trades, which has had some great info on who congressmen are buying. They nailed the NVDIA rise when Pelosi bought a **** ton of it last Spring/Summer. I picked up HUMA a few months back when Tuberville bought it. Up 55% since.

FlossyDFlynt
Mainly in ETF's at the moment in the brokerage account

VIG
SCHK
KARS

Had a good chunk in Cerner before Oracle bought them for cash. I am usually a buy it and let it sit, been a while since Ive had anything new
wolf howl
So for fun I downloaded the AutoPilot app and the gist is they will mirror your account to look like several notable people or funds, including Pelosi and Tuberville. I actually started it with a Calacanis Tracker and it's up right at 9% since March. Not bad as it was just money I had in a savings account so I'm beating that return (4.2%).

Now a friend of mine did the same but used the Pelosi tracker and they are up 19.3% during the exact same period, we signed up the same day just to compare.

The cool part is you are buying the similar portfolio so you get to see how they diversify, who's the heaviest volume they own, etc. and the app mirrors that. Since it's linked to Robinhood you can buy fractional shares so you can go in with $1k (or whatever amount you want) and it'll give you 40% NVidia, 20% MSFT, etc. etc. to mimic their portfolio. Of course those folks aren't disclosing their trades immediately so there's some lag but still, pretty interesting.
caryking
NVidea is hot right now…
Pack9RVA
Interesting - I was close to doing the Autopilot but didn't feel like opening a new account at the time. Are you going to keep it? I was skeptical how well they kept up with the filings. I'll add, these people are clearly insider trading. Since following this account, I've never been more sure of it.
ncsupack1
Looking forward to keeping up with this thread.
wolf howl
Pack9RVA said:

Interesting - I was close to doing the Autopilot but didn't feel like opening a new account at the time. Are you going to keep it? I was skeptical how well they kept up with the filings. I'll add, these people are clearly insider trading. Since following this account, I've never been more sure of it.
I'm going to give my investment of $3500 until the end of the year to see how it performs and make a decision at that point of keeping or moving on. I think Autopilot is very quick on the filings but it's still a 30-45 day lag from when it actually happened that a Pelosi will file it.

It's 100% insider trading for sure. If they aren't going to stop Congress from doing it then their stock trades should be made public the day they happen so EVERYONE has the same advantage but that's for a different thread. lol
wolf howl
caryking said:

NVidea is hot right now…
I bought some of that this morning actually on the dip it's had over the last 3 or 4 days, felt like it was a better buy. I think it'll be a good hold candidate for a while given how far in front they are of other companies in the same space.
caryking
wolf howl said:

caryking said:

NVidea is hot right now…
I bought some of that this morning actually on the dip it's had over the last 3 or 4 days, felt like it was a better buy. I think it'll be a good hold candidate for a while given how far in front they are of other companies in the same space.
They had 10/1 split two weeks ago…
Oldsouljer
I'm overweight the miners. In the money on some of them already, though I expect to be back to square one before the end of July when the FOMC decides on a rate change. After that, I suspect gold will go to $2800 with or w/o a cut though it certainly will if the pressure to cut becomes too acute.
wolf howl
caryking said:

wolf howl said:

caryking said:

NVidea is hot right now…
They had 10/1 split two weeks ago…
Indeed. Got more individual money coming into it now that it's a little more attainable for smaller investors.

If I see Pelosi get into any different stocks via the Autopilot app I'll post it here so maybe we can all benefit. lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.