Site Issues

1,760 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by griff17matt
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else having issues when replying are getting either ads or just not able to?
griff17matt
ncsupack1 said:

Anyone else having issues when replying are getting either ads or just not able to?
Yep. Haven't had it on the computer browser, but my phone acts up every time.
ncsupack1
griff17matt said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yep. Haven't had it on the computer browser, but my phone acts up every time.
My computer browser and phone have had off / on issues. Site overall right now seems jumpy.
packofwolves
I have had issues with iPhone recently with attempts to post a reply and clicking link in thread to go back to all threads on a board. I am using Chrome.

Posting this reply took several attempts. "POST" does nothing.
ncsupack1
I either can't post or when I hit reply it takes me to ads.
packofwolves
ncsupack1 said:

I got directed to an Ad trying to star a post. And it took several attempts to post this reply
ncsupack1
Same issues, are there not mods on the water cooler?
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

My experience exactly.
packofwolves
Anyone know who the mod is on the water cooler?
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

Good question, I doubt there is one. I can't post anymore from my phone. Be nice for some answers.
wilmwolf
I'm not aware of a dedicated mod for the water cooler, most of them avoid it. There is a forum dedicated to technical issues. I don't know how often it is checked. I would suggest messaging James directly.

FWIW, I access the site via the Brave browser on mobile and have no issues. I did have an issue the other day on Firefox on my laptop, but I figured out it was because there was a program update for that browser.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
ncsupack1
wilmwolf said:

I'm not aware of a dedicated mod for the water cooler, most of them avoid it. There is a forum dedicated to technical issues. I don't know how often it is checked. I would suggest messaging James directly.

FWIW, I access the site via the Brave browser on mobile and have no issues. I did have an issue the other day on Firefox on my laptop, but I figured out it was because there was a program update for that browser.
Thanks
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Good question, I doubt there is one. I can't post anymore from my phone. Be nice for some answers.
Email James. A moderator isn't going to be able to solve a tech issue. There is also a "Do you have a problem?" forum.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf said:

Like the plague. Except for the NASCAR topic.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Like the plague. Except for the NASCAR topic.
NASCAR is the best on the water cooler.
barnburner
bourbon.
ncsupack1
barnburner said:

bourbon.
Second, great thread.
Oldsouljer
It's happening again! Why can't the greens keep posted thread links from diverting to ad sites?!
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

It's happening again! Why can't the greens keep posted thread links from diverting to ad sites?!
It's a mess. I can't even go back pages to find old threads.
BigLefty24
I texted James about it several days ago. He wanted me to screenshot an example to him, but it's really not an issue you can screenshot. The only way I've been able to get around it is to scroll the website all the way up..the post button will now be in the middle of the thread/phone screen. You should be able to post,star, etc. from there. There's a definite issue with formatting for the entire bottom half of the screen for mobile Chrome users.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

ncsupack1
I'm still having issues. You click on a reply and it is a pop up.
griff17matt
ncsupack1 said:

Same. Apparently they don't really care that much.
ncsupack1
griff17matt said:

ncsupack1 said:

Same. Apparently they don't really care that much.
Update would be nice.
BigLefty24
download and begin using the Brave browser. Have had zero issues since switching over to Brave. Brave is also one of the more secure browsers you can use.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Oldsouljer
BigLefty24 said:

download and begin using the Brave browser. Have had zero issues since switching over to Brave. Brave is also one of the more secure browsers you can use.

Shouldn't have to do that, though, which is our point. The problem just started out of the blue in the past two weeks, seems like the greens could do something about it. I tried Brave a long time ago, isn't there some kind of catch for using it, having to watch ads or something to finance the creation and maintenance of the browser?
BigLefty24
Oldsouljer said:

BigLefty24 said:

Shouldn't have to do that, though, which is our point. The problem just started out of the blue in the past two weeks, seems like the greens could do something about it. I tried Brave a long time ago, isn't there some kind of catch for using it, having to watch ads or something to finance the creation and maintenance of the browser?
no ads at all. Actually has Ad Blocker built in,

I'm not telling what you should have to do, I'm just trying to save you some headache. I texted James a couple of weeks ago and told him the issues. They are aware and they've let the web folks know.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

BigLefty24 said:

I'll just add that the higher ups are aware.
Oldsouljer
BigLefty24 said:

Oldsouljer said:

BigLefty24 said:

no ads at all. Actually has Ad Blocker built in,

I'm not telling what you should have to do, I'm just trying to save you some headache. I texted James a couple of weeks ago and told him the issues. They are aware and they've let the web folks know.
Ok, thank you for that.
ncsupack1
Issue seems to be fixed. Haven't had a problem in a few days.
griff17matt
ncsupack1 said:

Issue seems to be fixed. Haven't had a problem in a few days.

Same!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.