Why no one claims RW.

1,569 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by GetOffMyLawnPack
Gulfstream4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfbreath said:

I claim him. I think all-in-all he's a good guy. He has his quirks, but we all do.

Hey man, good to see you over here!
-learjet
Gulfstream4
ncsupack1 said:

Off topic but ESPN is one of many issues involving college sports. I wish that channel would go away. Only time I watch is if we are playing.

Wish I could give you ten stars for that post.
ncsupack1
Gulfstream4 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Off topic but ESPN is one of many issues involving college sports. I wish that channel would go away. Only time I watch is if we are playing.

Wish I could give you ten stars for that post.

Too bad the bankruptcy hasn't happened yet.
Oldsouljer
Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

I brought him up assuming oldsoul didn't like Peyton in a Bud Light commercial over the woke stuff. If I erred in that assumption, my apologies.
It's about the money and people who will do anything for it.

Well sure. But he's in about a half dozen other commercials, a few espn shows, and probably others that keep him in the news. Is your beef that he did a BL commercial (with Emmett Smith) or just that he's all over the tv commercials like Kelsey, Mahomes, etc?
No beef. No complexity. I'm just saying that I think Manning has no principles when it comes to making money. He knows a lot of his fans dislike Bud Lite and he does that ad anyway.

You should boycott Peyton
No need. He doesn't shill for anything I'd want to buy anyway. At least as of yet.

Isn't he employed by espn? You gonna boycott them?
I don't pay them, at least directly. But when it comes to espn, who needs Manning as an excuse?

If you watch espn, which I'm guessing you do, you're paying to watch espn.
Wufskins
You just pay your cable company or streaming service who then pays espn.

For the espn haters, would you prefer the days of tuning into wptf and listening to our games instead?
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

You just pay your cable company or streaming service who then pays espn.

For the espn haters, would you prefer the days of tuning into wptf and listening to our games instead?

ESPN sucks. They have way too much influence on the college game. That's not a good thing.
Wufskins
I really hate what they've done for the V Foundation and cancer research.
ncsupack1
Why am I not surprised?
Wufskins
Get with the woke program ncsu!
ncsupack1
Who the fuc& said anything about woke? They have way too much influence on the college game, what the hell does that have to do with woke? You are looking for another political argument..sad.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Who the fuc& said anything about woke? They have way too much influence on the college game, what the hell does that have to do with woke? You are looking for another political argument..sad.

What influence do they have and what is negative about it?
ncsupack1
Look you like ESPN cause some folks dislike ESPN. I'm not going to get into a back and forth argument about it. It's what you do.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Look you like ESPN cause some folks dislike ESPN. I'm not going to get into a back and forth argument about it. It's what you do.

No, I like espn because they broadcast our games. Outside of our games, I may watch/listen to an hour a week of their programming. I dislike the influence they have on conference realignment, but understand that's the cost we take on for them pumping $30+ million to our school every year. I like ESPN because they have been an outstanding partner to the V Foundation. And anyone that has lost a loved one to cancer understands the value of the V Foundation. They should be applauded for their work there. I do wish they'd stick to sports, but when they do, I can flip to another channel. 99% of the time they're broadcasting a live event, they leave the politics out.
ncsupack1
I didn't see anyone saying their work with the V Foundation isn't great work. ESPN'S influence in college sports at the moment isn't healthy or sustainable. One or two networks controlling 90 percent of a product is never a good thing for any party involved.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

Yup.
GetOffMyLawnPack
I enjoyed RW when he was at NC State quarterbacking. Had a lot of fun at the games or cheering during homegating.

He's long gone and I'm pretty ambivalent towards him. Wish him the best.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.