2024 Garden/landscape/tree hugging

208 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ncsupack1
Big Sexy Pack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got the garden tilled this weekend. About 30 by 60 foot garden. You know, I probably should measure it.

My mom and I got our tomato seeds started a few weekends ago. Tasty Lee, Purple Cherokee, early girl, etc.

Got the rows ready for corn and will plant that this coming up weekend.

I'll get some pics later this week.
PackMom
My daughter grew some purple tomatoes last year. I don't know what she's planting this year.
dogplasma
We're in the 'burbs and haven't really had a veg garden before, but my wife wants to try now that we've removed a couple trees and have some light in the back yard. She's starting modest with a couple of raised bed planters. The voles are plentiful and if we planted in the ground we'd probably lose everything to them.

Did you know that currant bushes are outlawed in NC and some other states? I grew up with currant and gooseberry bushes in my parent's back yard and wanted to plant some, but apparently they can harbor some disease that's lethal to pine trees.
ncsupack1
I sure miss having a garden. Always enjoyed it, but now I don't have the time that it takes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.