TikTok

1,481 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's everyone's opinion on this bill going through Congress?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Ban the hell out of it.....

Along with Facebook....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Ban the hell out of it.....

Along with Facebook....
says the guy who started a thread about censorship
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
hokiewolf
If the Chinese govt can be divested for TikTok, then I'm good with it
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
wolf howl
I'm all for less foreign influence in our American society, whether that's TikTok or other avenues.
ncsupack1
I personally don't use the app. Funny though, didn't people go nuts when Trump wanted it banned?
BBW12OG
ncsupack1 said:

I personally don't use the app. Funny though, didn't people go nuts when Trump wanted it banned?
Part of being a dumb arse libby.... If the GOP supports it then it must be bad.

Pinocchio doesn't mind it because he and the rest of his useless millennials have nothing better to do than stare at their phones all day.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
For me, this is a conundrum...

First, I want to see the US divorce itself, from China, as much as possible

Secondly, if Ive heard it correctly, this bill "might" give any Presidential Administration powers that we may wish we didn't do.

I'm still trying to learn this bill for actionable items, in it. Right now, the rhetoric is about China influence, etc. etc... On the surface, good! In the details, maybe bad! We should always be careful what we ask for...

BTW, I'm hearing Trump plans on doubling or tripling the tariffs on China, if elected. Personally, I'm a fan of this. We need to cripple their economy as much as possible. In addition, the initial tariffs havn't changed the actions of business; so, let's do more. Bring those jobs back!

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

For me, this is a conundrum...

First, I want to see the US divorce itself, from China, as much as possible

Secondly, if Ive heard it correctly, this bill "might" give any Presidential Administration powers that we may wish we didn't do.

I'm still trying to learn this bill for actionable items, in it. Right now, the rhetoric is about China influence, etc. etc... On the surface, good! In the details, maybe bad! We should always be careful what we ask for...

BTW, I'm hearing Trump plans on doubling or tripling the tariffs on China, if elected. Personally, I'm a fan of this. We need to cripple their economy as much as possible. In addition, the initial tariffs havn't changed the actions of business; so, let's do more. Bring those jobs back!
Agree...

But.. .as we are seeing over at PP when the people who control the sites can also control the narrative and the information that is put out it becomes weaponized.

i.e. Facebook in 2020, the banning of Conservative views/speech etc......

TikTok is being used now by the White House re-election committee.... but yet the Federal Government has deemed it as a National Security risk.

Any of you lefties see the hypocrisy... never mind... you never do.

I doubt it even sees the floor of the Senate. Much like the impeachment of Mayorkas... Schumer isn't going to play by the rules of regular order.

The left is and always has been everything they accuse the right of.

FYI.. I re-upped for election season. Also wanted to follow the Pack9 stuff.. sadly they got their asses handed to them yesterday by freaking UNCG.... ***???
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Look no further than this....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

If this in fact happened, then what's stopping the GOP from doing the same to get information out to younger voters? Can't two play that game?
BBW12OG
ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

If this in fact happened, then what's stopping the GOP from doing the same to get information out to younger voters? Can't two play that game?
Sure... the GOP is notoriously good with the under 30 demographic that has for the last 100+ years been liberal like most of us before we had jobs, been exposed to the real world, realized that working hard is better than government handouts.

But yes... they could. The message of "work hard everyday, pay your taxes, be a productive citizen" will go over great with the majority of the youth.

You know what you call a 35 year old democrat? Useless.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

Sure... the GOP is notoriously good with the under 30 demographic that has for the last 100+ years been liberal like most of us before we had jobs, been exposed to the real world, realized that working hard is better than government handouts.

But yes... they could. The message of "work hard everyday, pay your taxes, be a productive citizen" will go over great with the majority of the youth.

The GOP needs better messaging. And to your point, so don't try just because? Doesn't sound promising.
jkpackfan
ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

The GOP needs better messaging. And to your point, so don't try just because? Doesn't sound promising.
A million percent agree on the messaging, it blows my mind how bad they are.
BBW12OG
jkpackfan said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

When the DNC has made it a point to keep their main voting block addicted to the government, beholden to handouts what do you suggest they do to improve messaging?

The entire premise of keeping the education low, opportunities low and the answer is "we are the party working to make your lives better" doesn't work out for over 60 years all of a sudden you try and recruit them?

Sooner or later you give up and go with what works.

Name a major city that votes GOP. Name a major city with low crime. Name a major city with education numbers that are at grade level.

Name a major city with low crime, murder, robbery, rape, car jackings, gun issues.

Who has run major cities for 60+ years.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
ncsupack1
jkpackfan said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

BBW12OG said:

Agree.
Werewolf
Not sure myself, I --- do --- see many topics and thoughts on TicTok that I agree with and were censored by Facebook.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
ncsupack1
I personally don't use the platform, but if it means less no nothings trying to give their none expertise on subject matter, go for it. Go outside and see life…
caryking
I'm still not sure on the details of this bill; however, this video sums up my opinion, based on what I know…

Joe Biden
wolf howl
If Pelosi is for it, then we should all take a step back and either try to buy the same stocks she's about to make bank on again or realize this is a serious overreach included in the bill.

If it was purely about the CCP not owning it, fine, do that. But it's got more in the bill that gives the govt more power over things they don't like. I'm just not a fan of that as that sounds like to me a way to force Musk out of Twitter/X tbh. And they would LOVE for that to happen.
Big Sexy Pack
I said on the other site that the security IT side of me wants to get rid of it since the Chinese has gotten a **** ton of data from it.

Then, there's the Libertarian in me that says stay the **** out of it, Congress and worry about your spending habits.

The conflict with the force is strong within me.
caryking
Big Sexy Pack said:

I said on the other site that the security IT side of me wants to get rid of it since the Chinese has gotten a **** ton of data from it.

Then, there's the Libertarian in me that says stay the **** out of it, Congress and worry about your spending habits.

The conflict with the force is strong within me.
I agree with you, on all of it...

That said, this appears to be a simple solution.... All companies operating within the US are prohibited from sharing certain information with China, or the CCP.

Joe Biden
Packfan89
Banning TikTok scares me. It seems like another attack on free speech. Everyone really loves how disinformation and misinformation are being squashed, right?

Like the so-called Patriot Act, when the two parties come together on something, watch out!
Werewolf
Packfan89 said:

Banning TikTok scares me. It seems like another attack on free speech. Everyone really loves how disinformation and misinformation are being squashed, right?

Like the so-called Patriot Act, when the two parties come together on something, watch out!
When the two parties come together, absolutely. But often the appearance on the surface is just that.....appearance to provide "cover" to certain ones.......most always the RINOs. Congress does not work for the People and until we come to terms with that nothing will change.
Ncsufist
Seems that it would have an issue with that pesky 1st amendment.
caryking
This is a really good segment with Tucker and Rand Paul.

Tucker points out the hypocrisy of people supporting this bill and Rand Paul gives a master-class retort on what this bill actually does.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
A deep state motive carefully concealed behind the vale of the CCP! Exactly!
FlossyDFlynt
Ban it. If the Chinese government is willing to light billions on fire over it, it was never about the money to begin with. If it is about the money, they will sell off.
Werewolf
A way to shut down the newly free speech platform X. That's the goal.
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

Ban it. If the Chinese government is willing to light billions on fire over it, it was never about the money to begin with. If it is about the money, they will sell off.
Flossy, did you watch the video, I posted above?

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Here's another good video for Flossy to watch.

Werewolf
Oldsouljer
Agree with Paul, that's what this outrageous power grab is all about.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

Agree with Paul, that's what this outrageous power grab is all about.
I don't know if the TiTok ownership is as stated by Rand Paul; however, if so, we really are arguing about the wrong thing…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.