2024 Elections

251,967 Views | 3241 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by packofwolves
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

"Is anyone here invested in crypto or even just Bitcoin? Just curious. I am heavily into it and keep up with news on the crypto front as well as the overall financial sector. It's amazing to see what has changed in just the last year with regards to our gov'ts stance on crypto and innovation. And when I first got into it it was fairly non partisan but has now become a completely partisan issue. The democrats have taken a strong stance that they do not want crypto in the US and have tried to screw investors over on many fronts. The republicans in contrast are taking a pro-crypto stance. This is one of the biggest issues now for me. And it has not played a major role in elections to this point but I believe the 2024 election will be the first where this issue starts to be on the radar. I read somewhere around 1 in 4 households in America now owns at least some Bitcoin or crypto.

It will be interesting to watch. Biden has spoken lie after lie against it. RFK was a speaker at the Bitcoin conference in Miami. Trump has stayed out of this largely (which is odd to say on anything) but in the past had a mild stance against it. However given all the dynamic shifts since he was last in office I would imagine he will have to speak on it soon. DeSantis has also taken pro crypto stances as has Ted Cruz and Cynthia Lummus. Again... I don't know what will happen but it could be something to watch."

I posted the above in another election thread back in May of 2023. I've posted some whoppers in my time but it turns out I was somewhat right on this one. It could explain why more Gen Z is breaking for Trump. It has also been openly spoken about in campaigns now for the first time. I know there's a lot riding on this election and a lot of big issues being only a few weeks away now but I still think that it was smart for the GOP and Trump to take a pro stance on this for the last few years. Now Kamala is just throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks... she even tied crypto to helping black men... lol.

It's fascinating to me how MAGA-types are attracted to grifts like moth to flame.

Gee, I wonder why Trump is suddenly so into crypto? Any chance he and his family are launching a crypto business? Given the sleaze-balls that industry attracts I wonder why it took them so long?
CoachCase
Again, I do not claim to know all of the particulars here except that there were some sick people who needed medical attention and the event was stopped/paused. If some of Trump's actions/words were questionable - then so be it. But, to equate this incident with the routine garble/giggles/gaffes that is associated with the VP - is laughable in it's own right. I'll be the first to admit that Trump - like you and me - is not perfect. But, in my opinion he is far better suited to lead this country the next four years compared to Harris. Again, compare his four years with the Biden/Harris tenure and it is a no brainer.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

CoachCase said:

I think this is the town hall meeting in which two people in the crowd needed medical attention and Trump paused his talk to let medical personnel take care of the sick. No more, no less.

Let's hope those two are okay. Edit to add LOL at Civ. Hoping, wishing, praying for ANYTHING to latch on to.

Nice try.

The defacto concert continued after the fainters got attended to, complete with Trump's complete and total lack of normal everyday human decency thrown in for good measure.

Quote:

"Would anybody else like to faint? Please raise your hand," Trump quipped after the second individual was helped to their feet.

Rather than continue with questions, he indicated that he wanted his staff to play more of his music. They obliged, playing "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown.

"We could do another question or two if you'd like," Trump said, eliciting cheers from the crowd, before changing his mind. "How about this? We'll play 'YMCA,' and we'll go home."

Evidently it was incredibly hot in the venue. A day or two after a massive Coachella logistics cluster where it was a million degrees in the desert and there were more people passing out due to lack of shade/water/whatever and hundreds of people were stranded five miles away from where they parked because the bus company that brought them there didn't come back to get them.

Who is running logistics for his events, Eric and Don Jr.'s kids?

If anybody wants more proof civ, or whoever posted this word salad above, is a deranged nutjob, read a couple of different news reports on the situation above.

First he/she tried to insinuate Trump abruptly ended a town hall for no reason and now he/she is traumatized by a very clear joke after the second person that fainted got up. "complete and total lack of normal everyday human decency ". Lol. What a flaming puss.
ncsualum05
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

"Is anyone here invested in crypto or even just Bitcoin? Just curious. I am heavily into it and keep up with news on the crypto front as well as the overall financial sector. It's amazing to see what has changed in just the last year with regards to our gov'ts stance on crypto and innovation. And when I first got into it it was fairly non partisan but has now become a completely partisan issue. The democrats have taken a strong stance that they do not want crypto in the US and have tried to screw investors over on many fronts. The republicans in contrast are taking a pro-crypto stance. This is one of the biggest issues now for me. And it has not played a major role in elections to this point but I believe the 2024 election will be the first where this issue starts to be on the radar. I read somewhere around 1 in 4 households in America now owns at least some Bitcoin or crypto.

It will be interesting to watch. Biden has spoken lie after lie against it. RFK was a speaker at the Bitcoin conference in Miami. Trump has stayed out of this largely (which is odd to say on anything) but in the past had a mild stance against it. However given all the dynamic shifts since he was last in office I would imagine he will have to speak on it soon. DeSantis has also taken pro crypto stances as has Ted Cruz and Cynthia Lummus. Again... I don't know what will happen but it could be something to watch."

I posted the above in another election thread back in May of 2023. I've posted some whoppers in my time but it turns out I was somewhat right on this one. It could explain why more Gen Z is breaking for Trump. It has also been openly spoken about in campaigns now for the first time. I know there's a lot riding on this election and a lot of big issues being only a few weeks away now but I still think that it was smart for the GOP and Trump to take a pro stance on this for the last few years. Now Kamala is just throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks... she even tied crypto to helping black men... lol.

It's fascinating to me how MAGA-types are attracted to grifts like moth to flame.

Gee, I wonder why Trump is suddenly so into crypto? Any chance he and his family are launching a crypto business? Given the sleaze-balls that industry attracts I wonder why it took them so long?
Most of my post is from May 23. The last paragraph is new. How much do you pay attention to crypto? You have come back with your usual left wing insults but have you really paid any attention? You realize Trump launched an NFT collection 2 years ago. I don't really care about Trump shilling crypto and NFT's. His people have clearly put it into the campaign strategy this cycle which was my overarching point. Also republican senators and house reps have taken strong pro stances for much of the Biden/ Harris years as corrupt lap dogs like Gary Gensler at the SEC have made it their mission to destroy crypto. Operation choke point 2.0 was aimed to hurt the industry and make it much harder for Americans to access, purchase, or be involved in the crypto industry. Biden didn't try to hide this. Kamala is now trying to campaign like she wasn't apart of it. How about Elizabeth Warren's "anti crypto" army. I don't think you generally know what you're talking about.
Werewolf
Ag bars….watch what the Russians do to impact prices!
packgrad
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

CoachCase said:

I think this is the town hall meeting in which two people in the crowd needed medical attention and Trump paused his talk to let medical personnel take care of the sick. No more, no less.

Let's hope those two are okay. Edit to add LOL at Civ. Hoping, wishing, praying for ANYTHING to latch on to.

Nice try.

The defacto concert continued after the fainters got attended to, complete with Trump's complete and total lack of normal everyday human decency thrown in for good measure.

Quote:

"Would anybody else like to faint? Please raise your hand," Trump quipped after the second individual was helped to their feet.

Rather than continue with questions, he indicated that he wanted his staff to play more of his music. They obliged, playing "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown.

"We could do another question or two if you'd like," Trump said, eliciting cheers from the crowd, before changing his mind. "How about this? We'll play 'YMCA,' and we'll go home."

Evidently it was incredibly hot in the venue. A day or two after a massive Coachella logistics cluster where it was a million degrees in the desert and there were more people passing out due to lack of shade/water/whatever and hundreds of people were stranded five miles away from where they parked because the bus company that brought them there didn't come back to get them.

Who is running logistics for his events, Eric and Don Jr.'s kids?

If anybody wants more proof civ, or whoever posted this word salad above, is a deranged nutjob, read a couple of different news reports on the situation above.

First he/she tried to insinuate Trump abruptly ended a town hall for no reason and now he/she is traumatized by a very clear joke after the second person that fainted got up. "complete and total lack of normal everyday human decency ". Lol. What a flaming puss.
Context, folks.

CoachCase
Thanks for sharing. Makes sense now. I guess when you feel like you are backed in a corner (Harris and supporters) you get desperate for something to hang your hat on.
AlleyPack
Once early voting starts in N.C. on Thursday, will there be any "results" posted? Or does none of that happen until the actual election day?
Thanks
SmaptyWolf
ncsualum05 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Most of my post is from May 23. The last paragraph is new. How much do you pay attention to crypto? You have come back with your usual left wing insults but have you really paid any attention? You realize Trump launched an NFT collection 2 years ago. I don't really care about Trump shilling crypto and NFT's. His people have clearly put it into the campaign strategy this cycle which was my overarching point. Also republican senators and house reps have taken strong pro stances for much of the Biden/ Harris years as corrupt lap dogs like Gary Gensler at the SEC have made it their mission to destroy crypto. Operation choke point 2.0 was aimed to hurt the industry and make it much harder for Americans to access, purchase, or be involved in the crypto industry. Biden didn't try to hide this. Kamala is now trying to campaign like she wasn't apart of it. How about Elizabeth Warren's "anti crypto" army. I don't think you generally know what you're talking about.
Lol, yes, I've worked in and around the financial industry for a long time and have in fact been paying attention to crypto.

Have you noticed that you're not just financially invested... you also seem to be very politically/emotionally invested in crypto? Typically in the investment world that's a pretty big red flag.

So maybe you could tell me, what are you investing in? Is it an unstable currency, a virtual commodity with no intrinsic value, or just a long-running pump and dump scam? Outside of the criminal underworld, what problem is it actually solving? Or are you simply investing in an ideology?
Glasswolf
AlleyPack said:

Once early voting starts in N.C. on Thursday, will there be any "results" posted? Or does none of that happen until the actual election day?
Thanks
Some states release the break downs between GOP and Democratic but not the actual voting tabulations. Early votes aren't counted until Election Day.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

packgrad
She cannot even handle interviews with her supporters. What a complete **** show of a candidate the democrats have put up.

Bas2020
Werewolf
CoachCase said:

Thanks for sharing. Makes sense now. I guess when you feel like you are backed in a corner (Harris and supporters) you get desperate for something to hang your hat on.
Easy to see it here with the gymnastics of #DaSieve and the anger in #DaNappy. Watch the news media, they're starting to show signs of angst too.
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Talking about a supposed grown man acting like a child...
Yea, these wackos need to post their stuff over on the Football forum. That's where Wackos can stick together and hash it out…
IPS needs a soccer forum so we can all display our inner idiots and no one will care what we post. Or prolly even read it given that it's soccer.
Werewolf
Question: Found these words on X. Are the words from a Trump supporter, or a Kamala supporter?

I am probably going to offend a bunch of people with this post, but I don't care. This will be the longest post I have ever done so if you take the time to listen. Thank you.

Why do I fight for America?

I want to first start off by saying, I am no one special. I am just a 40-year-old male in Texas that has seen this nation rapidly decline over the last decade or two. I grew up lower class and everything I have today I have fought, bled and sweat for. In fact, I still have shrapnel in my right leg. I have seen and spoken to some of the most poor people on this planet. I understand that the United States is the last beacon of hope and freedom on this entire planet.

Who do I fight for?

I fight for fellow Veterans.

It is a sad fcking day in America when we have tens of thousands of homeless Veterans on our streets. The worst feeling in the world is to serve overseas and figure out the lies about the "Global War on Terror" to only come home and see Veterans that served the Military Industrial Complex to just be thrown away like yesterdays trash. The amount of fraud, waste and abuse that occurred overseas would disgust all of you. This is a complete and utter failure of all 535 elected officials sitting in Congress.

I fight for my guns.

The only reason the United States still has the 1st amendment is because of the 2nd one. I think this is pretty straight forward.

I fight for my freedom of speech.

There is a reason why the mainstream media has lost all credibility is because they believe that they are the only purveyors of truth. This has backfired tremendously because people are aware that almost every media outlet is a state sponsored propagandist wing. No matter how big or small your account is, use your voice. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.

I fight for the people of this country.

Billions of YOUR taxpayer dollars are being sent overseas annually while Americans are struggling to make ends meet. The Founding Fathers of this country would be absolutely sick at this. These elected representatives don't care about us. They are insider trading, living in lavish homes and just laughing at us, like we don't matter. I am sick of it. To top it all off, our nation's sovereignty has been perverted by illegals that don't belong here and our "representatives" in Washington D.C. The sad part about this, alleged "Conservatives" are not listening to their constituents. They could have done something about securing our border but don't. Why? Because they need to keep their election talking points alive. Don't believe their fake outrage.

I fight for my family.

I purposely pulled my son out of traditional school because I don't trust teachers anymore. At one point in time, teachers didn't talk about what they are doing in the bedroom. If any student knows what your sexual orientation is, you should be fired immediately. Traditional schooling has turned into indoctrination camps and I am not subjugating my son to this type of rhetoric. On what planet does any grown adult think dancing in front of children is acceptable behavior?

I fight for our future.

As of right now, our national debt is at $35,706,000,000,000.00 in debt. I added every single "zero" so people will understand how utterly ridiculous this is. This way of spending is unsustainable. It will lead to eventual financial collapse.

This might not reach a ton of people, but it is my God-given right to use my voice and my platform to express how I feel. There are many people that won't agree with any of this but I promise you that more people feel this way than don't. I know this because I see amazing people in this country in the same fight along side of me. I am truly motivated by the presence of true patriots to this nation. It is a driving force on why I fight so hard to preserve the United States of America.

God Bless America, because she surely needs it.

Rant over.
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

I'm all ears. I like Ag bars myself, especially the Royal Canadian Mint and the Britannia bars.
Werewolf
#Sieve, #Nappy, #Grantnut, #Gobbler, #Chuckster.............still time to join in

Ncsufist
AlleyPack said:

Thanks

I don't remember if they can actually count votes or not. I want to say they are but probably wrong. Results aren't released though until night of. Not even sure if they release the number of ballots received.
Oldsouljer
Ncsufist said:

AlleyPack said:

Thanks

I don't remember if they can actually count votes or not. I want to say they are but probably wrong. Results aren't released though until night of. Not even sure if they release the number of ballots received.
Typically, the EV votes are posted first, around 7:30-8 PM, then the Election Day precinct results across each county, start coming in as the night progresses.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

I'm all ears. I like Ag bars myself, especially the Royal Canadian Mint and the Britannia bars.
Russians going all in might wipe out the entire ground supply.
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

The Silver Institute says there are mining shortages and above ground inventory shortages building for some years now. Hard to believe if you go to some place like Kris Kringle's coin shop in Raleigh, where they seem to have scads of silver coins for sale. Personally, I don't like their stuff, but that's just me, I'm a connoisseur of finer coins and I use dealers elsewhere in central NC.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

The Silver Institute says there are mining shortages and above ground inventory shortages building for some years now. Hard to believe if you go to some place like Kris Kringle's coin shop in Raleigh, where they seem to have scads of silver coins for sale. Personally, I don't like their stuff, but that's just me, I'm a connoisseur of finer coins and I use dealers elsewhere in central NC.
Very nice, sounds like you're way ahead of me in that dept. I've been all in for nearly three years now, every extra dollar! My understanding is that the Central Bankers have somehow managed to keep the price down while keeping supply readily available.

A couple weeks ago, Putin, due to sanctions, decided to barter Russian gold reserves to purchase silver to be part of its strategic reserve. I think this transaction is going through Hong Kong exchanges. What happens when Lockheed Martin, Tesla, Samsung batteries, etc start seeing this? We could soon be faced with paying $100/oz for silver.......which at around $32/oz now.
Werewolf
#Sieve, the real #'s are 80-20.......

By the way, his mention of Jan 05th was a slip of the tongue ...........or something else?

Werewolf
#SIeve, if you can keep the dead voters on top of all the illegal voters on the rolls you might keep it close. You've always got Dominion in your back pocket though......you can pull off the nailbiter once again.

Werewolf
What's Mark Hamill hiding? What's Mark afraid of?

Joining forces with the Lincoln Project......did I hear "Uniparty"?

Oh yeh, I forgot, Trump is the 2nd coming of Hitler.......that's it. Jumping Jiminy Crickets, once again.

Mark Hamill and other unhinged Harris boosters join forces with Lincoln Project to sabotage NYC Trump rally | Blaze Media (theblaze.com)
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

Very nice, sounds like you're way ahead of me in that dept. I've been all in for nearly three years now, every extra dollar! My understanding is that the Central Bankers have somehow managed to keep the price down while keeping supply readily available.

A couple weeks ago, Putin, due to sanctions, decided to barter Russian gold reserves to purchase silver to be part of its strategic reserve. I think this transaction is going through Hong Kong exchanges. What happens when Lockheed Martin, Tesla, Samsung batteries, etc start seeing this? We could soon be faced with paying $100/oz for silver.......which at around $32/oz now.
There's also a theory that modern guided munitions (I.e. - Tomahawks) require a lot of ounces per munition…the department of defense would have an obvious interest in price suppression, were that true.
Oldsouljer
One last word on silver. I absolutely do not give investment advice, I'm not qualified, I'm not a fiduciary, and that's a great way to lose friends. That said, the Fed has opened the door, a la 1979, for another impending inflation wave. When confidence in the Fed reserve banknote, aka the dollar, wears thin with a broader spectrum of society, expect demand to dramatically drive up the price of silver as people try to protect what money they have saved up. Gold is so expensive now for many people, silver is still dirt cheap. Not sure that will be the case much longer. If you buy, buy quality fine silver even if it costs a little more premium-wise, that way you can enjoy gorgeous coins like Maple Leafs and Britannias while waiting for your investment to pay off.
Werewolf
A lot of possibilities, endless. We'll see how it pans out.

Werewolf
How somebody can sit there with a straight face and argue against removing non-citizens from the voter rolls is beyond me.

Werewolf
Not sure how we ever have a free and fair election with the other side working so effortlessly to cheat. I've long said that the military is the only way...and if they don't have our back then we're in one helluva mess.

CoachCase
People that truly wanted a fair and open election would want to do everything possible to ensure that the election is fair and transparent. That is why people question the integrity of the election process and all of these examples are the reasons why. Yet, Civ and others like him say "nothing to see here!" When in fact there is plenty to see and question. Sad state of affairs that our country is in and the Democrats accuse Trump and MAGA has a threat to democracy when they themselves are trampling democracy into oblivion.
Werewolf
CoachCase said:

People that truly wanted a fair and open election would want to do everything possible to ensure that the election is fair and transparent. That is why people question the integrity of the election process and all of these examples are the reasons why. Yet, Civ and others like him say "nothing to see here!" When in fact there is plenty to see and question. Sad state of affairs that our country is in and the Democrats accuse Trump and MAGA has a threat to democracy when they themselves are trampling democracy into oblivion.
They benefit from cheating by winning and continue the process of destroying the USA and bringing in the New World Order. Disappointing to see #Sieve support this.
CoachCase
Where are our liberal friends to defend these real examples of Democrat attempts to not allow votes to be accurately counted and verified? I would certainly like to see how they defend these current actions.
Civilized
CoachCase said:

"...Civ and others like him say 'nothing to see here!"

I assume by "others like him" you mean "the courts."

If so I agree very much.
Werewolf
CoachCase said:

Where are our liberal friends to defend these real examples of Democrat attempts to not allow votes to be accurately counted and verified? I would certainly like to see how they defend these current actions.
You are drawing a good bead on things Coach.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.