America Needs a Dad Agenda

995 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
America needs a Dad agenda, not partisan bickering

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/america-dad-agenda-rep-josh-harder

A lot of truth in here. Thoughts?
PackFansXL
Steve Videtich said:

That guy sounds like a member of the Democratic party from 50 years ago and much more like a current Republican. I agree that focusing on families and skipping all the racism training, trans exploration, and identity politics is precisely what we need. This is especially true for the Black community. Those kids have several strikes against them and it starts at home.
Steve Videtich
PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

That guy sounds like a member of the Democratic party from 50 years ago and much more like a current Republican. I agree that focusing on families and skipping all the racism training, trans exploration, and identity politics is precisely what we need. This is especially true for the Black community. Those kids have several strikes against them and it starts at home.

This is what I was more alluding to during the abortion discussion, when talking about how to change poverty ridden areas. It starts with hope and changing their outlook. If all they see is crime and drugs and that lifestyle, of course it's hard to get out of that cycle.

As a country, we have to help change the culture so that everyone has a chance at success. As this article states, it starts at the most basic level.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

I'm afraid we're not going to get back to the family-centric legislation. The GOP fought that battle from the 80s (when I ws old enough to vote) until the early 2000s....but has seemingly abandoned it, except for when the abortion topic comes up.

Though I agree our biggest issue is the dissolution of the typical family structure of mom/dad / kids.....and yes, it is especially true in the impoverished communities, both black and white. Its so glaringly obvious, that it would seem like an easy talking point, but you can't legislate people to wait til they are married to have sex or to stay married, or the healthier mental example of a mom and dad, not two moms, etc.
PackFansXL
On the contrary, now is the perfect time to return to a family platform. The extremists in the Democratic party have far overplayed their hand by pushing fringe ideologies that target traditional American values. They will pay dearly in the upcoming elections.

Aside from the partisan battles though, a return to family values would dramatically improve the fortunes of so many people in this country. We just have to find a way to overcome the programmed misinformation espoused by so much of our media. People must learn to get past how polite the liar is and recognize the lies and reject them.
Steve Videtich
PackFansXL said:

On the contrary, now is the perfect time to return to a family platform. The extremists in the Democratic party have far overplayed their hand by pushing fringe ideologies that target traditional American values. They will pay dearly in the upcoming elections.

Aside from the partisan battles though, a return to family values would dramatically improve the fortunes of so many people in this country. We just have to find a way to overcome the programmed misinformation espoused by so much of our media. People must learn to get past how polite the liar is and recognize the lies and reject them.

100% agree! But, can we elect enough of these people to make a difference, outside of the RINO's that want things status quo?
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

I'm all for stopping some of the fringe teachings. But how do you legislate against single parent homes, which is the single greatest impact on poverty?
At its core, its 100% family values, but is that the governments job, or the church and community's job (and parents job)?

**Clearly, Hollywood is not going to do it.
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

I'm all for stopping some of the fringe teachings. But how do you legislate against single parent homes, which is the single greatest impact on poverty?
At its core, its 100% family values, but is that the governments job, or the church and community's job (and parents job)?

We return to talking about the American dream and provide regular examples of folks who have overcome and achieved success. I don't think we legislate against single parents. I think we stop the blame game and encourage hard work, setting goals, and working to achieve them. We follow the laws we already passed that outlaw racial preferences. Stop teaching kids the color of their skin defines them. Stop telling kids the very ideas that will give them their best chances in life are somehow white supremacy based. Stop telling kids that don't like themselves that perhaps they should explore a change in gender. The government isn't really the answer. They just need to stop being so dang destructive.

The real answer is a spiritual revival. If we had that, many folks would be disgusted by the choices they have made and real change would occur in individual lives. No politician will be able to fix things in a 4 year term but at least we can try to stop the extremely harmful policies of this current administration.
Steve Videtich
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

We return to talking about the American dream and provide regular examples of folks who have overcome and achieved success. I don't think we legislate against single parents. I think we stop the blame game and encourage hard work, setting goals, and working to achieve them. We follow the laws we already passed that outlaw racial preferences. Stop teaching kids the color of their skin defines them. Stop telling kids the very ideas that will give them their best chances in life are somehow white supremacy based. Stop telling kids that don't like themselves that perhaps they should explore a change in gender. The government isn't really the answer. They just need to stop being so dang destructive.

The real answer is a spiritual revival. If we had that, many folks would be disgusted by the choices they have made and real change would occur in individual lives. No politician will be able to fix things in a 4 year term but at least we can try to stop the extremely harmful policies of this current administration.

I would add in, giving the education system back to the states and getting rid of the Federal Bureau of Education and all of its Marxists tentacles. Also, take some of that money and invest it back into these communities with programs that can help redevelop some of the things you mentioned above.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

So i'm ok with all of those removing of things from schools -- math problems don't need to use skin colors or life preferences as parts of the equation.

But to me....all those things you mention are primarily the job of parents. Schools in many cases have just filled the void for absentee parents (and this includes not only whether the father is not there, but also where the parents are so consumed with chasing the $$ or being a socialite, that they leave parenting to au pere's or video games). Both of those conditions are significantly worse today than at any point in our history.

And those things are cultural....and government can't fix that. Your point of "stop adding to the destruction" is fair though...very fair.

I would love if the church and community leaders would become more involved and help solve these issues for the next generations....it's going to take a HUGE effort though.
Bell Tower Grey
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Interesting and insightful comments here. I've been reading along and waited to comment until now as I typically don't enjoy getting into political and / or religious commentary because more often than not, those conversations can go off the rails quickly.

Regarding the spiritual revival thought - today's churches themselves are part of the issue. Look at many of the newer (say last 20 years or so) churches that have come to be. Many of them seem too focused on the theatrics and entertainment of those in attendance, and not so much on teaching and preaching God's word from the Bible. They need to get back to the basics as well. It's not all about the Joel Osteen approach of just trying to do right and then feel good about it. The ten commandments were given to us for a reason and as far as I can tell, they are still present for all of us (myself included) to try and live by. The erosion of core religious beliefs is rapidly sending the country to hell.

I'm not in church every Sunday. I was soured on that as a result of church politics that turned into a vendetta by a couple of familes in the congregation toward the pastor and his family. Through the course of multiple legal actions including suits and counter suits, it was proven those familes were wrong, but the damage was already done, and quite a few people left the congregation, and church as a whole, altogether.

I do have a pastor that I meet for either breakfast or lunch once a week, and my wife and I host a small weekly prayer group in our home that has anywhere from 5 to as many as 20 in attendance. A pastor is usually in attendance as well. Often, one of our discussion topics is the state of the church today and what needs to be done to fix it. I get more enlightenment, peace and guidance from this group now than I did during the last several years of attending organized church on a regular basis. Is this approach for everyone? No, probably not. But it helps reinforce the religious principles I need to hopefully make me a better Christian and a better husband, father and friend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.