The Biden Administration..V3

149,230 Views | 3160 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Werewolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

You are 100% entitled to your opinion......even an 15 yr old has that. I'm starting to think your datum may be closer to 1995.....thus 25 yrs old. But let's further define what it entails to be that ripe old 30 yrs of age.
2 yrs as a baby
11 yrs as a kid
6 yrs as a teenager and yes, the last one as an adult

and then somewhere between 0 and 6 years as a stupid adult.......probably typical
and finally 26-30 yrs old to implement the basics of adulthood.

This platform provides you equal airtime with somebody like me. When I was 25-30 I sat and listened to my very wise life-experienced uncles of 55-70........that spoke of the times leading up to WW2 , WW2 experiences, and their many years afterward. I listened carefully and understood my place in that living room or out in the backyard....... Maybe you should start listening to your elders words of wisdom.......pay attention. We're not always right.....of course but life experience teaches each of us a lot.
congrats on taking the title from BBW as having the most condescending post on the WC.
Hoke when one's adult life is composed of mostly post 2001 you don't have much contrast as to the evolution of our society. Its simply true. Our youth and young people have been indoctrinated in a massive indoctrination program of WOKEness for those years IF you're 40 or thereabouts that's all you know and you have nothing to compare it to. Speak your mind here but you might get called on it. I thought that's what this was about.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here we go...

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

Wolfpack said:

Glasswolf said:

Against my better judgment I'm going to make a comment on this thread. I can go find several links to left leaning sites that post pro democratic websites that support some of my positions. But none of them would be good enough for some posters on this forum. I don't have the time or the desire to debate some posters on this forum. My best advice is to get out and register people to vote and let's see what happens in November. Whatever happens in November I will except
I have been a strong advocate for removing this forum. I'm not sure what purpose it serves. We're here to talk Pack sports...


I don't understand this. If you don't like a forum, just don't use it. There are plenty of forums on this site to discuss sports.
His problem is that he can't control what happens here. That he cannot cancel the topics that get discussed here from both sides... so he's going to whine and cry and think that if he pulls his $10 / month that it's going to get those viewpoints that he doesn't agree with shut down.

Of course, he could just stick to the four (4) SPORTS FORUMS that are here... or he could post his own topic and views on this forum.

But he's not interested in that of course.
You don't know a single thing about me. And your opinion on me or my character is not welcome. I really do not like when it becomes so personal like this. I was pointing out a clear racist comment and this is the crap I get. Got it dude, I'M the problem.

I am simply stating that, sure, I have the right to cancel my subscription. I did. You all are continuously claiming I want to cancel YOU - I do not... not sure how many times I can say it.

BUT can we just not do the racism? Do you all think this forum is full of homogeneous heterosexual white men who agree with you? Do you know at all if any of us are minorities, possibly muslims? Do I really need to spell this out for you?

Is this thread really an objective take on our presidency if it starts out with "Who the hell is running this **** show of an administration?" And you think I'M the sensitive cuck? Who's the group that consistently and persuasively sets off the personal attacks? And who is showing the insecurity in that situation? The group that can't accept basic election results? That are as vile to the presidency as the other party was last term? Get a damn mirror. Good lord... LOL
Well, I've been away a couple of day (I think) and came back to this unfortunate situation...

Wolfpack, people don't know you, correct... for that matter, I don't know Storm, Civ, Chem, BBW, werewolf, GP, etc... etc... Hell, we all know who Steve V is; however, does anyone know him? I don't. oh, don't let me forget Hokie, packgrad, XL, Glass, Oldsouljer, etc... etc...

That said, chem and I have been to blows with each other, at the same time, he and I converse respectfully, and sometimes in agreement (Nascar thread)... <- that's on the WC also, right?

Shows we're watching on Netflix, etc - WC
Music we're listening to - WC
BBQ places - WC
and so many others - WC

Wolfpack, what I don't understand is the need (I guess its a need, perhaps desire) to come on the WC and condemn posters because you don't agree with them (that's an assumption that you don't agree).

I have made it clear that the WC should (my opinion) be a "free for all" and those that want to jump in, please, do so... That said, I don't set the rules and I play by (most of the time, I think) them... I also believe the WC should be behind the pay wall, so people that aren't paying would not be allowed. That would include you.

To answer one of your questions:

Is this thread really an objective take on our presidency if it starts out with "Who the hell is running this **** show of an administration?"

Obviously, some people believe Biden is doing an ok to good job. The poles indicate it. That said, those people really need to look in the mirror and ask: what kind of country is the USA? If they think that Biden is doing ok, then they (my opinion) have a lack of understanding of what this great country is and (more importantly) what its not. No matter how the "far left" wants to change this country, it's just not who we are. Sorry, that is the truth, some need to realize it...

So, please, if you don't like the WC, don't visit... We actually have fun! I would say that everyone of us would put down the rhetorical conversations and enjoy a good beer with each other. Yea, Civ, that includes you

to quote the Great Rodney King: Can't we all get along together... As much as it appears we are bickering, and we are, we all get along together expressing our opinion. if you don't like it, move on...
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you for sharing BBW. Good song, 1st time I've heard it.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you believe in our 2nd amendment you might want to look into Project Veritas' FBI whistleblower reveal of Biden's proposed terrorism symbols.........for instance, the Betsy Ross Flag. I suspect G$ass and other likeminded Biden supporters will advocate for this advancement in society.


BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't Civ assure us that those ideas aren't supported in his MARXIST PARTY?

He asked me to name ONE politician that supported my bullet points. My challenge to him in to name one that doesn't!!

Like good little sheep, they'll fall in line when the bills come up for a vote. There's never been a more obedient party than that of the left. Who can keep an entire demographic poor, down trodden, sadly uneducated, crime ridden, broken homes etc... and continue to get their votes every two years.

All because they tell them they care... if they cared you'd see a totally different lifestyle for them. Lefties only care about power and running this country into the ground.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Wolfpack said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

Wolfpack said:

Glasswolf said:

Against my better judgment I'm going to make a comment on this thread. I can go find several links to left leaning sites that post pro democratic websites that support some of my positions. But none of them would be good enough for some posters on this forum. I don't have the time or the desire to debate some posters on this forum. My best advice is to get out and register people to vote and let's see what happens in November. Whatever happens in November I will except
I have been a strong advocate for removing this forum. I'm not sure what purpose it serves. We're here to talk Pack sports...


I don't understand this. If you don't like a forum, just don't use it. There are plenty of forums on this site to discuss sports.
His problem is that he can't control what happens here. That he cannot cancel the topics that get discussed here from both sides... so he's going to whine and cry and think that if he pulls his $10 / month that it's going to get those viewpoints that he doesn't agree with shut down.

Of course, he could just stick to the four (4) SPORTS FORUMS that are here... or he could post his own topic and views on this forum.

But he's not interested in that of course.
You don't know a single thing about me. And your opinion on me or my character is not welcome. I really do not like when it becomes so personal like this. I was pointing out a clear racist comment and this is the crap I get. Got it dude, I'M the problem.

I am simply stating that, sure, I have the right to cancel my subscription. I did. You all are continuously claiming I want to cancel YOU - I do not... not sure how many times I can say it.

BUT can we just not do the racism? Do you all think this forum is full of homogeneous heterosexual white men who agree with you? Do you know at all if any of us are minorities, possibly muslims? Do I really need to spell this out for you?

Is this thread really an objective take on our presidency if it starts out with "Who the hell is running this **** show of an administration?" And you think I'M the sensitive cuck? Who's the group that consistently and persuasively sets off the personal attacks? And who is showing the insecurity in that situation? The group that can't accept basic election results? That are as vile to the presidency as the other party was last term? Get a damn mirror. Good lord... LOL
Well, I've been away a couple of day (I think) and came back to this unfortunate situation...

Wolfpack, people don't know you, correct... for that matter, I don't know Storm, Civ, Chem, BBW, werewolf, GP, etc... etc... Hell, we all know who Steve V is; however, does anyone know him? I don't. oh, don't let me forget Hokie, packgrad, XL, Glass, Oldsouljer, etc... etc...

That said, chem and I have been to blows with each other, at the same time, he and I converse respectfully, and sometimes in agreement (Nascar thread)... <- that's on the WC also, right?

Shows we're watching on Netflix, etc - WC
Music we're listening to - WC
BBQ places - WC
and so many others - WC

Wolfpack, what I don't understand is the need (I guess its a need, perhaps desire) to come on the WC and condemn posters because you don't agree with them (that's an assumption that you don't agree).

I have made it clear that the WC should (my opinion) be a "free for all" and those that want to jump in, please, do so... That said, I don't set the rules and I play by (most of the time, I think) them... I also believe the WC should be behind the pay wall, so people that aren't paying would not be allowed. That would include you.

To answer one of your questions:

Is this thread really an objective take on our presidency if it starts out with "Who the hell is running this **** show of an administration?"

Obviously, some people believe Biden is doing an ok to good job. The poles indicate it. That said, those people really need to look in the mirror and ask: what kind of country is the USA? If they think that Biden is doing ok, then they (my opinion) have a lack of understanding of what this great country is and (more importantly) what its not. No matter how the "far left" wants to change this country, it's just not who we are. Sorry, that is the truth, some need to realize it...

So, please, if you don't like the WC, don't visit... We actually have fun! I would say that everyone of us would put down the rhetorical conversations and enjoy a good beer with each other. Yea, Civ, that includes you

to quote the Great Rodney King: Can't we all get along together... As much as it appears we are bickering, and we are, we all get along together expressing our opinion. if you don't like it, move on...
How can you not see the irony in posting:

"Wolfpack, what I don't understand is the need (I guess its a need, perhaps desire) to come on the WC and condemn posters because you don't agree with them (that's an assumption that you don't agree)."

then getting a lecture from Werewolf and you saying:

"If they think that Biden is doing ok, then they (my opinion) have a lack of understanding of what this great country is and (more importantly) what its not."

-----

I'm here to debate, my friend. Then let's have it and stop attacking me personally. Here is my take:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are.}


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day.

-----

If you want to debate, let's debate. But me being 20, 30, 70, 100 has nothing to do with it. If people here can't respect people's opinions for simply having them, then no, this is not a free for all board. And no, this board isn't fulfilling its purpose for a real political discussion.

I'm all for it, and I respect all of you as who you are. I do not appreciate being lectured for being "young". That is asinine. Read what I'm saying!

BBG's most recent trigger statement: "Didn't Civ assure us that those ideas aren't supported in his MARXIST PARTY?"

This is .... NOT .... productive to American democracy. My opinion. Let me have it.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only a racist person sees racism in that comment. And you my friend embody the typical lefty racist. If you consider that a personal attack then oh well... deal with it.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

Only a racist person sees racism in that comment. And you my friend embody the typical lefty racist. If you consider that a personal attack then oh well... deal with it.
This is a ridiculous statement. You are here to trigger people, I get it. What if I was Muslim? Have you thought about that? Would I be racist towards myself?
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

BBW12OG said:

Only a racist person sees racism in that comment. And you my friend embody the typical lefty racist. If you consider that a personal attack then oh well... deal with it.
This is a ridiculous statement. You are here to trigger people, I get it. What if I was Muslim? Have you thought about that? Would I be racist towards myself?
Where did I EVER mention religion or ethnicity? You, as you are groomed to do, bring up race because you can't dispute the facts. Typical of a party that is too lazy to actually want to think or do for themselves. Way easier to let good ol' Uncle Gubnment to pay for your poor decision making.

But I give you credit.. you drank the kool-aid and are a good little sheep. You regurgitate exactly what you hear on the DNC/MSM networks to a "T." Keep toting that water. Maybe one day when you grow up and actually contribute to society you will wake up. Doubtful that happens but there's always a chance.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

Wolfpack said:

BBW12OG said:

Only a racist person sees racism in that comment. And you my friend embody the typical lefty racist. If you consider that a personal attack then oh well... deal with it.
This is a ridiculous statement. You are here to trigger people, I get it. What if I was Muslim? Have you thought about that? Would I be racist towards myself?
Where did I EVER mention religion or ethnicity? You, as you are groomed to do, bring up race because you can't dispute the facts. Typical of a party that is too lazy to actually want to think or do for themselves. Way easier to let good ol' Uncle Gubnment to pay for your poor decision making.

But I give you credit.. you drank the kool-aid and are a good little sheep. You regurgitate exactly what you hear on the DNC/MSM networks to a "T." Keep toting that water. Maybe one day when you grow up and actually contribute to society you will wake up. Doubtful that happens but there's always a chance.
You know so much about me. Do you have a random word generator for this stuff at this point? You really don't need to bother replying, I know exactly what you're gonna say. Funny thing is, if you looked in the mirror, you'll realize the only one regurgitating any sort of media is you. You use the same tropes over and over again. Any time someone challenges you, you say the same things. I got it dude, honestly, save your time.

Maybe this hurts for you to hear. But you're one vote. I'm one vote. I'll probably cancel you out every single election. Good luck!

I disputed your display of racism and you're doubling down. Keep on keeping on!
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^I can't blame his age group entirely.....I blame people my age and slightly younger for doing a shi$$y job raising children. Perfect example of why we're in the situation we're in......I hope he keeps posting.

We also are guilty of sending our kids to big-time Universities and these woke professors get ahold of em'.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
The irony of this post shows us exactly how mature you are. Why don't you pony up $10 bucks a month and support this site? I think we all know why you don't...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Werewolf said:

^I can't blame his age group entirely.....I blame people my age and slightly younger for doing a shi$$y job raising children. Perfect example of why we're in the situation we're in......I hope he keeps posting.
Not productive. Next!
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Young whippersnappers.......... :-)
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I genuinely am in disbelieve that this mirage of personal attacks (the same playbook everyone that disagrees gets) is still what you think will work. Turns out I'm not unhinged, so good luck trying to trigger me.

Let me know when you want to debate the topic at hand. I'll let you keep calling me immature, young, call my parents ****ty, whatever it is. I know y'all are the ones without any respect, not me. I don't need to prove anything, I am very happy with who I am and who I have become. Good luck!
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Sure, you're right. And I apologize for derailing. Here it is:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are. Thoughts?


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day. Thoughts?
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

I do believe that a few on here laughed at the Hunter laptop story, called it a "hoax," while clamoring that President Trump led an insurrection...

Where are those commentators now? Looks like the only hoax was the FBI led insurrection, Russian Collusion and President Trump being a Russian asset.

Again... if there are bigger hypocrites than the lefties please point them out.


Show em' stuff like this ............and it still "ain't so". We are in a dangerous precarious time. I think we have 80% of the population or better now........and maybe good things happen.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Sure, you're right. And I apologize for derailing. Here it is:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are. Thoughts?


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day. Thoughts?
If I understand point #1, you are advocating for folks to act as individuals who vote primarily for positions that are good for them personally. You don't like the larger two party grouping that tends to put people at odds with one another. Correct?

The second point regards disrespectful terms applied to others different from oneself. I agree the term used was disrespectful although I don't think it is technically racist. According to Wikipedia, Muslims are people who adhere to Islam. That doesn't imply any specific race to me. I may be arguing a nit, but I understand how someone could take offense to the use of that term whether it is racism or not.

The guy that was killed by the drone missile strike was an evil man who was on the wanted list for decades. Killing him was a win for the US and this administration. IMHO, it is one of the very few things this administration has done right.
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Sure, you're right. And I apologize for derailing. Here it is:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are. Thoughts?


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day. Thoughts?
If I understand point #1, you are advocating for folks to act as individuals who vote primarily for positions that are good for them personally. You don't like the larger two party grouping that tends to put people at odds with one another. Correct?

The second point regards disrespectful terms applied to others different from oneself. I agree the term used was disrespectful although I don't think it is technically racist. According to Wikipedia, Muslims are people who adhere to Islam. That doesn't imply any specific race to me. I may be arguing a nit, but I understand how someone could take offense to the use of that term whether it is racism or not.

The guy that was killed by the drone missile strike was an evil man who was on the wanted list for decades. Killing him was a win for the US and this administration. IMHO, it is one of the very few things this administration has done right.


Correct! A breath of fresh air. Thank you.

Your point on #2 is spot on. Being called racist for pointing it out though? Weird…

To follow up on #1, yes, exactly. And I think in extension what this thread and others like it have become (me vs you, red vs blue, young vs old) is entirely irrelevant. 18 year olds vote as 18 year olds. 95 year olds vote as 95 year olds. That's the beauty.

If you asked me if America was headed down the gutter, I'd say it's because of this, not because people have lost their way or the culture is gone or whatever it is. Evolution of these items are natural (and needed). You don't build muscle without ripping it first. I think some of the commentary here is really misplaced and I think this has created an extremely exclusive WC experience, where new thought isn't welcome.

I want it to be welcome, hell I want to be welcome here personally. because I really do love this site. I can't stand what I've been experiencing on these forums for merely having a (pretty bang average) opinion on things. It doesn't make anyone anti American. It should be celebrated.

I'll end with this, I didn't have much when it came to grade school. I really wasn't sure where I was headed. I'm a citizen of multiple countries. I found my home at NC State. I loved every second. I donate quite a lot for my age, I'm a member of PoW because I believe in the mission. But the reason I love it may not line up with other people's reason. But again, that's the beauty.

FYI, I don't really get too involved in the culture stuff. I'm a strong fiscal conservative. I think we've been let down as a nation over several administrations across the political lines trying to win elections rather than making the country better. I agree with your overall take on this presidency, I'm looking for an alternative and I don't see it yet. Here is to hope!
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great post!

I would encourage you to try to stay above the fray by avoiding baited posts. We can all get along if we focus on the positive attributes of others. Thanks for clarifying your position on things and I hope you have a better experience around here in the future.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Great post!

I would encourage you to try to stay above the fray by avoiding baited posts. We can all get along if we focus on the positive attributes of others. Thanks for clarifying your position on things and I hope you have a better experience around here in the future.
Yep, I agree......!!

I didn't know what a goat humper was by the way. The only term close was "Sheep Humper" from this Cuban guy I worked with in the 80's who claimed that was what he and his boyhood friends did as teenagers. I never could decide if I believed his crazy claim but he insisted it was true.......with a grin on his face. HAHA.
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Great post!

I would encourage you to try to stay above the fray by avoiding baited posts. We can all get along if we focus on the positive attributes of others. Thanks for clarifying your position on things and I hope you have a better experience around here in the future.
Thank you - and that is some sage advice I will most certainly take from here on out

I'm out of here for now, but please check out this foundation. It is near and dear to my (and many other NC State alums) heart: https://ourthreewinners.org/
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpack said:

PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Sure, you're right. And I apologize for derailing. Here it is:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are. Thoughts?


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day. Thoughts?
Wolfpack, yea, I think that's a very utopian mindset. It just so happens that people have been educated, in a manner, that creates different world views. Unfortunately, some on here, have to call out marxism, because it exist. Personally, I have no problem with someone wanting to believe in the Marxist ideology... Believe all you want; however, that ideology has "NO" place in our Federal Government. Sorry, it just doesn't!!! Also, a person's "own situation" is a very narcissistic mindset.

Now, for my Utopian belief... the federal government should only do what the States agreed it could do, on their behalf. Let me repeat that...

the federal government should only do what the States agreed it could do, on their behalf.

Please ask questions so you can fully understand what that means... hopefully, you already do!
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Much better. At least now he is willing to participate instead of automatically trying to shut something down because it works on twitter... hope he enjoys the dialogue. Not everyone here feels the same way about everything... hope that he can figure that out after he spends a little more time here.

There are only two posters* here that I would prefer not to have to read their tripe... whether I read it or not is up to me. That is something I can control... whether they are here or not, I cannot control.

See how easy that is?

(*Not Chem or Hokie, just for clarity)
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Wolfpack said:

PackFansXL said:

Wolfpack said:

Again, please explain to me who is trying to stay on topic and who isn't. I'm not sure what sort of freaking horse blinders some on here have, but I tried to get back on topic so we could debate two potentially intriguing political points. That's what it is about right, debate? But no, here we are, personal accusations again, so the thread devolves into a "look at me" contest.
Please restate your points and perhaps we can have a civil discussion. I don't want to waste time rereading all the back and forth to find what you want to discuss.
Sure, you're right. And I apologize for derailing. Here it is:

- This is a hive mind concept and cancerous to democracy and true freedom. No, we do not all have to agree on the exact same path forward. The entire point is representation. People should vote for their own situations. If people did that (like they used to, instead of red vs. blue stuff), America would be a much better place. That's my take. There is no use in telling people they are right or wrong in their convictions. In a way, you're telling me my conviction is wrong, while telling me yours is right. This is not diverse thought, we have to learn to accept each other for exactly who they are. Thoughts?


- I believe it is racist to call someone a "goat humper". You are not calling them a goat humper because they are a terrorist (that makes no sense), you are calling them a "goat humper" because they are Muslim. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'll give you some insight, heard of Our Three Winners? Check it out. I knew them, it hurts me what happened to this day. Thoughts?
Wolfpack, yea, I think that's a very utopian mindset. It just so happens that people have been educated, in a manner, that creates different world views. Unfortunately, some on here, have to call out marxism, because it exist. Personally, I have no problem with someone wanting to believe in the Marxist ideology... Believe all you want; however, that ideology has "NO" place in our Federal Government. Sorry, it just doesn't!!! Also, a person's "own situation" is a very narcissistic mindset.

Now, for my Utopian belief... the federal government should only do what the States agreed it could do, on their behalf. Let me repeat that...

the federal government should only do what the States agreed it could do, on their behalf.

Please ask questions so you can fully understand what that means... hopefully, you already do!

I think it's about representation. We all live different walks of life. Voting for me is voting for my family, etc. I don't see it as narcissistic, I think it is dangerous actually to assume that groups of people have to (or must given red vs blue politics) vote the exact same way. You lost me when you said "it has no place in the federal government". While I agree, I believe the polls will (and have many times over) shown that.

You're spot on about the federal government doing things the states say to do. The reason for this is because each state is literally its own socioeconomy. It makes a lot of sense. People in Utah, North Carolina, California, New York, Florida ... probably won't agree. But that's fine... and the point.

BTW, here is an example of Trump doing exactly the opposite of your (and my) desire: https://www.lawfareblog.com/trump-cant-play-politics-aid-states . I'm not saying the other side doesn't do the same (they do), but let's call a spade a spade.

America at its core is a moderate, fiscally conservative nation, founded on the ideals of accepting people not accepted elsewhere. That's my take, but I respect yours. I just personally won't find my belief system because someone told me to believe in it. I have to do my own research - that's the whole point, right?

---

Storm - you may do well with me if you stop the condescending tone. Your posts are as irrelevant as mine, and hopefully you're learning a thing or two from here on out too. You're trying to shut me down because you disagree with me. Please don't accuse me of things you yourself are doing. I quite literally said "everyone should NOT think the same". You can also address me directly if you'd like, rather than throwing posts out there like you're gossiping about me with your buddies.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK... started off fine, but 4 edits later, went back into to that petulant, whiny ***** mode from yesterday again...
sigh...

Probably just going to be better off for both of us if you and I just avoid each other as much as possible...

Still doesn't mean that you aren't as welcome to post here as anyone else...
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So be it.
jkpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure the libs will call these guys racists, sexists, anti-environment, right wingers…am I missing anything?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/230-economists-warn-manchins-spending-bill-will-perpetuate-inflation
packofwolves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkpackfan said:

I'm sure the libs will call these guys racists, sexists, anti-environment, right wingers…am I missing anything?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/230-economists-warn-manchins-spending-bill-will-perpetuate-inflation


Manchin sold out for a pipeline. Can only hope Sinema sees through Manchin and Schumer's smoke screen.
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Manchin was doing everything possible to stop Sleepy Joe's agenda,some of you were fine,now you're salty towards him!!SmBIGh!!
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh Dick Cheney,bout time you stood up for your daughter,too late tho,August 16th she'll be out in Wyoming but that's ok now she can run for president in 24 as a independent and split some of them republican votes up!So Dick,don't shoot no one,Bush Jr. will not have your back this time.!
jkpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packofwolves said:

jkpackfan said:

I'm sure the libs will call these guys racists, sexists, anti-environment, right wingers…am I missing anything?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/230-economists-warn-manchins-spending-bill-will-perpetuate-inflation


Manchin sold out for a pipeline. Can only hope Sinema sees through Manchin and Schumer's smoke screen.
For sure
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.