Parents Defending Education Reveals Latest Progressive Tactics

5,258 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Steve Videtich
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you haven't seen what the left is doing at school board meetings then you should watch this. I've been told I am follower of conspiracy theories and nothing I post is of relevance.

See how relevant this is.

Just like with many social media platforms any dissenting opinions are silenced one way or another.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

So far, DeSantis has handled himself well while being under attack by Progressive media for over a year. They identified him as the clear candidate to crush and have campaigned against his every move. Soon he will have to deal with Trump. The only question is how ugly that will get.
Ideally President Trump becomes the "ad hoc spokesman" for candidates that need/want him and he continues to fund raise for the GOP.

Trump/DeSantis 2024 would crush Sleepy Joe/Legs Up "Cackling Hyena" Harris
DeSantis has made it clear that Trump is the leader of the movement. Additionally, he has made it clear, if Trump runs, he will not.

I like DeSantis and want him to run for President; however, if Trump runs, he has my support!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

So far, DeSantis has handled himself well while being under attack by Progressive media for over a year. They identified him as the clear candidate to crush and have campaigned against his every move. Soon he will have to deal with Trump. The only question is how ugly that will get.
Ideally President Trump becomes the "ad hoc spokesman" for candidates that need/want him and he continues to fund raise for the GOP.

DeSantis has made it clear that Trump is the leader of the movement. Additionally, he has made it clear, if Trump runs, he will not.

I like DeSantis and want him to run for President; however, if Trump runs, he has my support!
National Review is predicting a major battle with the old concessions to Trump falling by the wayside as DeSantis continues his rise. Both men are extremely driven and neither wants to yield. DeSantis is far more electable as well.

ETA: Notice that Trump has not endorsed DeSantis in his new gubernatorial campaign as he did 4 years ago.
hokiewolf
PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

National Review is predicting a major battle with the old concessions to Trump falling by the wayside as DeSantis continues his rise. Both men are extremely driven and neither wants to yield. DeSantis is far more electable as well.
agree with this. I like everything that DeSabtis has done in Florida except for getting rid of the reedy creek district. He already won, he signed the education law, Disney tried to voice their opinion and DeSantis told them to kick rocks. That was all fine.

Those were all measure and analytical responses that DeSantis has demonstrated time and again as Governor. That's winning. Taking away the special district was a wrong move in my opinion. That was not done with analytical thought, that was an emotional response of the mob and it may come back to bite the republicans in Florida.

That's a move Trump makes time and again. An emotional move that comes back to bite him but the populist eat that **** up so he's the face of the party!
Steve Videtich
Just curious, why was it wrong?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

agree with this. I like everything that DeSabtis has done in Florida except for getting rid of the reedy creek district. He already won, he signed the education law, Disney tried to voice their opinion and DeSantis told them to kick rocks. That was all fine.

Those were all measure and analytical responses that DeSantis has demonstrated time and again as Governor. That's winning. Taking away the special district was a wrong move in my opinion. That was not done with analytical thought, that was an emotional response of the mob and it may come back to bite the republicans in Florida.

That's a move Trump makes time and again. An emotional move that comes back to bite him but the populist eat that **** up so he's the face of the party!
Actually, Disney said they would do everything they can to overturn the law. That's far more than voicing an opinion!

Hokie, please tell me what you think a populist is…

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

Actually, Disney said they would do everything they can to overturn the law. That's far more than voicing an opinion!

Didn't we already discuss this? I thought it was mostly the America First agenda.
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

Didn't we already discuss this? I thought it was mostly the America First agenda.
If so, I don't think he understands the agenda…

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the gist of it.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

because of all the damage it would do to the citizens of Osceola and Orange counties. The Reedy Creek District wasn't some sort of special Disney only thing or a tax break for them, it was a means of figuring out a way to make governing work at a place that is 100% different then it's surrounding areas with respect to infrastructure, permitting, roads, pest control, etc.

You've now dumped this on the citizens of two counties completely unprepared to take over those things. It will most assuredly raise taxes on those two counties. I thought not raising taxes was a conservative staple but I guess not.

That's why I don't think it was a measured response. Everything he and the legislator did before that, I'm ok with. Although at some point we have to stop enacting laws in Florida for things happening in New York or California.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

if you believe in the boogie men of the state, and you want outsiders with a no holds barred approach to politics fighting for the little man and using emotion of the population rather than trust in the discourse of a decided government, then you are probably a populist or Huey P Long.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

because of all the damage it would do to the citizens of Osceola and Orange counties. The Reedy Creek District wasn't some sort of special Disney only thing or a tax break for them, it was a means of figuring out a way to make governing work at a place that is 100% different then it's surrounding areas with respect to infrastructure, permitting, roads, pest control, etc.

You've now dumped this on the citizens of two counties completely unprepared to take over those things. It will most assuredly raise taxes on those two counties. I thought not raising taxes was a conservative staple but I guess not.

That's why I don't think it was a measured response. Everything he and the legislator did before that, I'm ok with. Although at some point we have to stop enacting laws in Florida for things happening in New York or California.

What taxes will they be forced to pay now, that other residents of Florida haven't already had to pay all this time?
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

What taxes will they be forced to pay now, that other residents of Florida haven't already had to pay all this time?
they have miles and miles of roads to now maintain, they have to take on all of the staff that Disney had for fire, medical, police, permitting, maintenance, pest control, waterway management, etc.

The people of Osceola and Orange Counties didn't pay for those services ever unless they paid for a ticket to enter Disney World. That all changes now.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

they have miles and miles of roads to now maintain, they have to take on all of the staff that Disney had for fire, medical, police, permitting, maintenance, pest control, waterway management, etc.

The people of Osceola and Orange Counties didn't pay for those services ever unless they paid for a ticket to enter Disney World. That all changes now.

So they are now living the life that every other Floridian has been living, as well as most of America? Huh

People choose places to live all the time based on the pluses and minuses of that area. These pluses and minuses are subject to change at anytime for a myriad of reasons, including political.

They now have the option to stay and deal with it, or move to a more favorable area. Just like people are fleeing many Dem run states because of things like... rising taxes.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

So they are now living the life that every other Floridian has been living, as well as most of America? Huh

People choose places to live all the time based on the pluses and minuses of that area. These pluses and minuses are subject to change at anytime for a myriad of reasons, including political.

They now have the option to stay and deal with it, or move to a more favorable area. Just like people are fleeing many Dem run states because of things like... rising taxes.
I'm pretty sure every other place in America doesn't have Disney World, a place the size of San Francisco in their backyard.

I don't think you really understand how special districts work in Florida. If you did, you'd see the stupidity in creating this problem with a poorly thought out retaliation towards Disney.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

I'm pretty sure every other place in America doesn't have Disney World, a place the size of San Francisco in their backyard.

I don't think you really understand how special districts work in Florida. If you did, you'd see the stupidity in creating this problem with a poorly thought out retaliation towards Disney.

Please enlighten me. I enjoy learning new things.
caryking
Disney and Florida will come to an agreement of sorts. This law is not to take place until some time in 2023. They will come to an agreement.

When you have a CEO stating Disney will do everything in its power to overturn the anti-grooming law; well…. Be careful what you ask for!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Special districts are set up in Florida to deal with oddities in areas around Florida. Disney World is one, but there are thousands of others that include Orlando International Airport, Daytona Speedway, The Villages, and mundane stuff like water storage lakes, sewage treatment plants, and the like

They are just the Florida governmental means to deal with odd situations that require a special specific Distric in order to better govern around them and to reduce the red tape.

For example, would you rather Disney worry about a 76ft tall castle made out of resin or some plans reviewer in Orange County try and figure that out?

It's a means for the special specific things to get through day to day operation efficiently without government red tape.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Disney and Florida will come to an agreement of sorts. This law is not to take place until some time in 2023. They will come to an agreement.

When you have a CEO stating Disney will do everything in its power to overturn the anti-grooming law; well…. Be careful what you ask for!
it's not an anti grooming law. Please don't do that Cary. It's like calling everything racist. When you do that, you do a disservice to the true meaning of the word.

Grooming has a specific definition. It shouldn't be shot out of a rhetoric cannon to be splattered on the masses. Who do not agree with you politically.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

PackFansXL said:

if you believe in the boogie men of the state, and you want outsiders with a no holds barred approach to politics fighting for the little man and using emotion of the population rather than trust in the discourse of a decided government, then you are probably a populist or Huey P Long.
Hokie, I am going to state my belief structure, the best I can:

I am for limited regulation
I am for a simple tax structure
I do not believe corporations should be taxed
I am for economic nationalism - this means we balance out trade through whatever means possible
I am for "Participatory Populism" as shown by parents getting involved in their local school boards
I am absolutely against any type of government involvement with creating a level playing field for people or businesses
I am for international agreements (like NATO) to be fully supported by participating counties
I am "no longer" supportive of wars that do not have a national security interest to the US
I believe in home ownership and therefore taxing property is the antithesis of this
I'm starting to believe in 100% private schooling for all kids
I am for governments to be out of marriage. If two people want create their own union, then so be it…

This is a concise list and not meant to be a final list of my beliefs

Joe Biden
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

it's not an anti grooming law. Please don't do that Cary. It's like calling everything racist. When you do that, you do a disservice to the true meaning of the word.

Grooming has a specific definition. It shouldn't be shot out of a rhetoric cannon to be splattered on the masses. Who do not agree with you politically.
Ok, I'll use the liberal term… anti-gay law. *** is the law?

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Special districts are set up in Florida to deal with oddities in areas around Florida. Disney World is one, but there are thousands of others that include Orlando International Airport, Daytona Speedway, The Villages, and mundane stuff like water storage lakes, sewage treatment plants, and the like

They are just the Florida governmental means to deal with odd situations that require a special specific Distric in order to better govern around them and to reduce the red tape.

For example, would you rather Disney worry about a 76ft tall castle made out of resin or some plans reviewer in Orange County try and figure that out?

It's a means for the special specific things to get through day to day operation efficiently without government red tape.

Okay, so knowing all that from Disney's point of view. All the benefits lie with them. Why would you bite the hand that makes things easier for you and gives you financial benefits. Universal Florida didn't have this benefit.

Georgia did the same thing to Delta over the voting rights law. I don't hear people screaming that it could cost Delta employees their jobs, because now they had to eat around $10M in new costs.
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Okay, so knowing all that from Disney's point of view. All the benefits lie with them. Why would you bite the hand that makes things easier for you and gives you financial benefits. Universal Florida didn't have this benefit.

Georgia did the same thing to Delta over the voting rights law. I don't hear people screaming that it could cost Delta employees their jobs, because now they had to eat around $10M in new costs.

Universal was at an unfair advantage because of this special district. As I understand it, MGM studios got to market 1 year faster than Universal because of their self governing.

Now, on the surface, that says a lot about Florida, Orlando, etc… however, that's is not the way businesses should operate within a city, county, and State. Why should one get an advantage over another. That, in my opinion, is crony capitalism .

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

it's not Disneys point of view, it's how Disney and Florida came up with how to deal with the oddity of Disney World and the things that are built within Disney.

It's not a benefit, it's just how everyone came to the table to make it work. You cannot compare Universal to Disney. Disney is the size of San Francisco and straggles two counties. Universal is basically a roadside attraction with some roller coasters and rides.

Your argument comparing Delta - yes they did complain about the voting rights law. And the Georgia legislature held their ground and told them to kick rocks and they did. The legislature didn't go back and specifically pass a law just to punish Delta. That's the extra step that Florida and DeSantis did. They passed a law targeted specifically at Disney as an emotional response to the challenge of their law. They should have just done what Georgia did.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

it's not Disneys point of view, it's how Disney and Florida came up with how to deal with the oddity of Disney World and the things that are built within Disney.

It's not a benefit, it's just how everyone came to the table to make it work. You cannot compare Universal to Disney. Disney is the size of San Francisco and straggles two counties. Universal is basically a roadside attraction with some roller coasters and rides.

Your argument comparing Delta - yes they did complain about the voting rights law. And the Georgia legislature held their ground and told them to kick rocks and they did. The legislature didn't go back and specifically pass a law just to punish Delta. That's the extra step that Florida and DeSantis did. They passed a law targeted specifically at Disney as an emotional response to the challenge of their law. They should have just done what Georgia did.
Hokie, the statement of: you cannot compare Universal to Disney. Disney is (my take on your words) much bigger and deserves special considerations…. That, in my opinion, is very unhealthy for business competition. It also is epitome of crony capitalism! I am 100% against it!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, the statement of: you cannot compare Universal to Disney. Disney is (my take on your words) much bigger and deserves special considerations…. That, in my opinion, is very unhealthy for business competition. It also is epitome of crony capitalism! I am 100% against it!
that's a really wild stance to take.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

So, because Disney is bigger they should receive a special break that Universal doesn't get? Even though they literally do the exact same thing? That's a very democratic way of thinking. Just like Amazon and Walmart were okay to stay open, but not the mom and pop shops.

The Georgia bill towards Delta didn't actually become law; but it was passed in the house, but not the senate. So, they tried to do the same thing. Who knows, maybe Delta sitar they would back off. Just like may happen here, like Cary said.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

that's a really wild stance to take.
That is true conservatism! Crony capitalism is "country club" republicanism.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of special districts in Florida
caryking
hokiewolf said:

No, I don't! I fully understand what the purpose was…

FYI, my family has been to Disney World more than 20 times. We are big fans of the place. In fact, we are going again, in a few months. We are not historians; however, we know a bit about the place. We are not happy with the way Disney has gone and will not be going again until they make change.

Disney is an entrainment company! I don't want them being a political machine. So, after this next trip, I will vote with my pocketbook.

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

As do you with what the meaning of the word "Conservative" is....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
The Marxist Left's agenda of brainwashing children to hate white people continues:

Quote:

Kids' book 'Our Skin' in NYC schools blames racism on white people

May 7, 2022

An "inflammatory" children's book being distributed to New York City schools teaches kids as young as 2 that the concept of race was created by white people who claimed they were "better, smarter, prettier, and that they deserve more than everybody else."

The book "Our Skin" was penned by Harlem activist Megan Madison and Brooklynite and library worker Jessica Ralli, and published last year. It begins with a simple discussion of skin tones then launches into a screed that blames the idea of race on white people along with an illustration of scary-looking human skulls encased in glass and sitting on shelves.

"A long time ago, way before you were born, a group of white people made up an idea called race. They sorted people by skin color and said that white people were better, smarter, prettier, and that they deserve more than everybody else," the book declares.

It goes on to say "That isn't true or fair at all!" with a picture of a "Caucasian" man holding up the "Most beautiful skull."
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackFansXL
LOL

If they squeeze their eyes shut, whisper racism often enough, and click their heels together just enough, perhaps they can return home to their parallel universe.
caryking
I drove past my Jr. High School today…. Above the sign for East Cary Junior High School, they had another sign saying "Unity through Diversity". This woke crap is getting really, really, old!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

I drove past my Jr. High School today…. Above the sign for East Cary Junior High School, they had another sign saying "Unity through Diversity". This woke crap is getting really, really, old!
Did you shake your fist at it as you drove by?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.